PDA

View Full Version : Scamzord on teh PbNs

neppo1345
11-10-2006, 02:44 PM
First time this has ever happened to me...

Any AOers near Issaquah Washington wanna help out? (not that you can really do much)

Got ripped 75.00 for a loader, tried filing paypal claim last week (not that it'll do much)...

Whats the best way to 'attempt' to get my money back? I know I probably won't, but anythings worth a try for a poor college student.

Any one with experience in these matters?

-Tim

dynastyfan
11-10-2006, 02:46 PM
if you have paypal, and there was no item recieved on your part then file the complaint and you should get the money back.

neppo1345
11-10-2006, 02:54 PM
if you have paypal, and there was no item recieved on your part then file the complaint and you should get the money back.

Got ripped 75.00 for a loader, tried filing paypal claim last week (not that it'll do much)...

/...

Pneumagger
11-10-2006, 03:01 PM
You could sell him something he is looking for and send a mailbomb.... doesn't get your moneyback but will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

neppo1345
11-10-2006, 03:05 PM
You could sell him something he is looking for and send a mailbomb.... doesn't get your moneyback but will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Thank you for making me almost fall out of my chair laughing....I needed that...

cyrus-the-virus
11-10-2006, 03:45 PM
I live in washington state....where does he live?

PM it to me.

mobsterboy
11-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Paypal claims take a couple of days to process. MAKE SURE you mark it as already talked to the seller, and he is non cooperative. If you say you have gotten no response or you say that not talked to the seller, there goes any chance to get your money back. They only allow one claim to be filed, dont mess it up. Also, they will only give you as much money as he has in his account, i believe.
call his parents. /thread

maniacmechanic
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
if he has paypal & its linked to his bank account you can get all but 25$ back ( pay pal charges you this for getting your money back ) , , IF IF IF he has any money in that account ,,, IF the account is EMPTY you will get nothing!!!!! BEEN THERE DONE THIS i'm now VERY VERY cautious about e-bay

Sir_Brass
11-12-2006, 07:30 PM
You can also possibly charge him with mail fraud, I think since he did not send you the item agreed upon.

phill7
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Do you have his home address? :shooting:

Spartan X
11-12-2006, 10:08 PM
My mother had the same thing with half.com Ebay did not help her but paypal did give her the $50 back. but paypal required a waiting time of 60 days before they would return the money.

neppo1345
11-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Do you have his home address? :shooting:

No, I don't have his home address...

We'll see, I plan on calling Paypal sometime this week...

Thanks for the help guys...

zackzel
11-13-2006, 05:14 PM
No, I don't have his home address...

We'll see, I plan on calling Paypal sometime this week...

Thanks for the help guys...

Yeah paypal is really good about getting your money back. I have been ripped twice, both times on ebay never here. And paypal got my money back both times.

RabidFuzzle
11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah paypal is really good about getting your money back. I have been ripped twice, both times on ebay never here. And paypal got my money back both times.

Only if the person still has money in their PayPal account. If the account is empty you are out of luck. I just won a dispute through them but am absolutely screwed out of my money because the scammer pulled all available money out of the account before his multiple disputes were completed.

Fuzz :bounce: