PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve On/Off Issue

crichter225
11-12-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a automag that has a Retro Valve and level 10 bolt. I have a Y grip and really like this setup. One problem is that I cannot take the valve out without removing the mainbody from the rail. The firing pin (on/off) pin sticks down into the hole in the body such that the valve will not slide out. This makes adjustment of the level 10 hard to do in a pinch. Any ideas?
Thanks
Rick

rb211
11-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Are you pulling the trigger (without an air source attached) before you try to take the valve out?

crichter225
11-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Are you pulling the trigger (without an air source attached) before you try to take the valve out?

After I degass the marker from the valve at the tank I can pull the trigger (or not) and I still cannot get the valve out.
Thanks
Rick

Aslan
11-13-2006, 12:21 AM
That's weird...mine comes out. I don't have a Y-Frame though. I have to admit that I have to give it a little twist sometimes...but I think it's just because whoever sold me the rail had painted it so now things are a little tighter than on my standard rail. But back to your question...did you try giving it a little twist before taking it out?

ghostdog2019
11-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Once degassed and Field strip removed the valve sometimes slides back a little bit. Basically the little on/off pin gets snagged on the body and becuase it is not centered your sear is not able to push the pin up. What you need to do is push on the back of the valve and then pull the trigger. That should solve your problems.

-Mike Brothman

crichter225
11-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Once degassed and Field strip removed the valve sometimes slides back a little bit. Basically the little on/off pin gets snagged on the body and becuase it is not centered your sear is not able to push the pin up. What you need to do is push on the back of the valve and then pull the trigger. That should solve your problems.

-Mike Brothman

Smart! It worked. Makes lvl10 set up easier. Thanks
Rick

ghostdog2019
11-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Smart! It worked. Makes lvl10 set up easier. Thanks
Rick

No problem Glad to help

-Mike Brothman