PDA

View Full Version : Mag Tourny players...

pb merc
11-14-2006, 07:19 AM
I just got myself a 68 classic with a drop and a teardrop. I want to shoot a little faster but do NOT want to spend a lot of money at all. What is the best upgrade to increase BPS for mags thats really really cheap? Thanks

warbeak2099
11-14-2006, 07:28 AM
ULT for $40.

pb merc
11-14-2006, 07:44 AM
will that fly with lvl 7 bolt... what is it? lighter pull?

MisterBones25
11-14-2006, 08:03 AM
double trigger frame. ult wont fit in a classic valve.

pb merc
11-14-2006, 08:06 AM
hmm ok, is the DT really my only cheap option?

pb merc
11-14-2006, 08:32 AM
would the ULT work if I upgraded to a lvl 10 bolt on my 68 classic?

LegumeOfTerror
11-14-2006, 09:55 AM
orderpaintball.com has lvl 10 kits for $30 i beleive... might want one of those. the ULT will fit in a classic valve, i do it all the time. it take alot of shims and becomes very easy to short stroke, but i got used to it and it works really well.

pb merc
11-14-2006, 10:43 AM
terror what do you mean by shims? and do you think its worth it?

pb merc
11-14-2006, 10:55 AM
and terror, I have a leak around the back of the gun by the regulator where you adjust the velocity. When I squeeze the trigger it stops then slow returns when I release. Ive changed the reg-seat but that didnt work. Any ideas?

Lenny
11-14-2006, 10:59 AM
You could PneuMag it for about $100-$150. As far as speed goes, you can't really beat it for the price. Plus it's still mech, just for that added cool factor. Send Pneumagger a PM. His work is great (I've seen, shot, and been shot first hand). You'll want a double trigger for this, though...

You could (and should) also put an RT on/off in your Classic valve. That'll lighten up the trigger pull TREMENDOUSLY, even if you don't get it pneu'd.

Other than that... Nothing really. When you get into these higher ROF's, you'll probably want a Lvl. 10, but it's not a must have, it's just really really nice.

Hope that helps.

Lenny
11-14-2006, 11:04 AM
and terror, I have a leak around the back of the gun by the regulator where you adjust the velocity. When I squeeze the trigger it stops then slow returns when I release. Ive changed the reg-seat but that didnt work. Any ideas?
Try turning down the velocity. These valves vent went over pressurized. So too high of a velocity could be it.

LegumeOfTerror
11-14-2006, 04:11 PM

shims adjust the trigger pull on the ULT, its besically trail and error till you find the right number. you need a few more shims than normal in classic valves from what ive expirienced as opposed to rt ones. i think it was worth it, its just no one else i know can shoot the thing without short stroking and then breaking a ball. if it leaks out the back while firing at normal velocity, replace the reg piston.