PDA

View Full Version : i need some help here

automagman2000
11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
so i just bought an RT pro form a guy on this forum and let me say its pretty sweet but.... the trigger somtimes dosent recharge and i have to shake the gun to get the trigger to set back in, so my question is how do i get that to stop.. its got a ULT trigger set up in it so im wondering if i dont have to put more shims in it???

Target
11-14-2006, 04:46 PM
I had to change power tube spacers on a Lvl 7 Mag valve due to that same problem-- Look up 'Bolt Stick"
I'm not sure if the RT valve is the same or not.

Dan

d4m4don3
11-14-2006, 05:20 PM
so i just bought an RT pro form a guy on this forum and let me say its pretty sweet but.... the trigger somtimes dosent recharge and i have to shake the gun to get the trigger to set back in, so my question is how do i get that to stop.. its got a ULT trigger set up in it so im wondering if i dont have to put more shims in it???

Eliminate the obvious first. Try loosening the screw that holds the valve down a smidgen. If not you may have to change your carriers. You might wanna refer to the Level X Guide (http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml) guide in adjusting it.

automagman2000
11-14-2006, 10:06 PM
so doing that will eliminate the trigger from not recharging? cause if i pull the trigger too fast it just goes dead and i cant even shoot..

athomas
11-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Bolt stick is the most likely cause of your problem. Try retuning your level 10 bolt. USe the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Do this without any shims in the powertube. If it still sticks after you have tuned the level 10, then you need to tune your ULT. Do that by removing a couple of shims and then try it. Keep adding shims until it no longer shoots properly.

automagman2000
11-16-2006, 05:18 PM
ok thanks guys i fixed that problem, BUT now my lvl 10 bolt is chopping like a mofo

athomas
11-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Even with the shortest bolt spring, the level 10 rarely breaks paint by chopping. Are you sure its chopping and not just breaking balls in the breach when fired? A gun can break balls when fired if the barrel id is too small for the paint or if the detents are broken or missing.

ghostdog2019
11-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Stick a squeegie in the breech and shoot to see if the level 10 engages itself. Once you rule that out then check your paint to barrel match. I have had similar problems pertaining to both. Without a properly tuned level 10 you will chop paint.

-Mike Brothman

automagman2000
11-20-2006, 03:52 PM
this thing is making me mad... i got the lvl 10 to stop chopping, but my gun is always leaking down the barrel, i have put in the tightest carrier, added shims and removed shims from the ULT and it STILL LEAKS, do these guns naturally have a little leak in them or what

athomas
11-21-2006, 02:06 PM
this thing is making me mad... i got the lvl 10 to stop chopping, but my gun is always leaking down the barrel, i have put in the tightest carrier, added shims and removed shims from the ULT and it STILL LEAKS, do these guns naturally have a little leak in them or what

The ULT shims don't affect the leaking down the barrel. Remove all carrier/powertube shims from your powertube. Then, use the largest carrier that doesn't leak.