PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

Zumina
12-29-2001, 08:35 PM
I've heard that the micro gauges are not accurate, yet the manufacturers claim that they are. I ask because my HPA gauge developed a crack in it, and somehow paint managed to seep into the gauge itself, making it unreadable. I'm looking to replace it with a 32* gauge (claimed to be accurate to +-.5 psi), or just a standard plastic type. Anyone know which is better? The 32* wins in durability as it's made of stainless steel, but I'm more concerned with accuracy.

Xzion
12-29-2001, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure if ones more accurate than the other, but I do know no matter what gauge you use, its going to be off from what I understand about a hundred PSI+ at most.... I'd probably go with AGD guages, as everyone knows when AGD makes soemthing, they do it right the first time :)

shupore
12-29-2001, 08:44 PM
I use a dye minigauge on my stabilizer, but its off by 50. the stabilizer is preset at 500 psi when purchased, and when I screwed in the guage it read 550 psi. hope that helps

emaggot4life
12-29-2001, 09:14 PM
Well look at it this way. How accurate do you think that they really are? Can you read/tell the difference of 4500psi and 4475psi on any gauge (except WDP A.I.R.)? Looking at it that way I will take almost any gauge for my tanks, as long as it will take 5 direct paintballs from 5 feet at 280fps. That's my "torture test" for my gauges and elbows.

udtseal
12-29-2001, 09:38 PM
I bought a brand new 32 Degrees minigauge and its off by almost 400psi now!!! I did nothing to it, its in the other end of my Kapp ASA! Only used it twice!! I went back to the store and the guy giggled and said "yeah, they do that. sorry" so I said "what? so im stuck with YOUR poorly made product now? Would you accept that if you bought a new car and the gas gauge was always 4 gallons off??? no! So I would like either my money back or a new one!" and he said something to the effect of "look dude, im sorry they do that but I dont have anymore at the moment and they have no warrenty. I dont know what you could have done to it. " So i just walked out while he was talking before I punched him.

http://elvis.rowan.edu/~trussell/Minigauge.JPG

Omicron
12-29-2001, 10:21 PM
anyone know if those dye basic gauges are any good? they're pretty nice looking, and have a medium price...reply ASAP, i have a broken gauge and i need some replacements

BlackVCG
12-30-2001, 12:06 AM
DYE basic guages are fine, I prefer Ashcroft. If you're talking about the ones that are full size and not the mini-guages, then go for them. If you want mini-guages, get AGD ones.

Omicron
12-30-2001, 08:54 AM
i'm talking about the full size ones, they're way cheaper than the mini's and more accurate....

steveg
12-30-2001, 01:40 PM
I bought one of these from a local pneumatic shop
for C$ 12.00 http://www.winters.ca/eco_spiraltube.html
The 1 1/4 " 0 - 300 psi version

Ooops forgot to say thats about US$ 8.00