PDA

View Full Version : Player Positioning

paintbattler
12-29-2001, 08:37 PM
I have a paintball team and not yet in a tourny but we are entering one in about a week. i need to know who needs to go where like front, back ,middle player. I know the gun doesnt make the player but i do know u need diff bps in diff areas of the field.we have a Automag RT Pro (Tricked), 68 Automag Classic P/F(Tricked), Minimag (Stock), Impulse (w. Vision), Tippmann carbine. where should they all be??żż

sbikeclix
12-29-2001, 08:48 PM
uhh all player skills being equal i would put the non-RTmags in the front tapes becuase of mags size and ability to snapshoot, tippman in center/front(dunno where else to put it), and impulse &RT as back just because they have ROF. however, i would judege who goes where depending more on player abilities like fastest trigger finger, agressiveness, speed, flexibility, etc

paintbattler
12-29-2001, 08:50 PM
ok thnx but i was thinking havin the rt up front, tipp up front, 68 classic in mid. minimag in mid and impy in back, hows that sound?

FooTemps
12-29-2001, 08:56 PM
You want rof in front and back. You need middle to keep front protected and covered. I dunno... It depends on the players...

emaggot4life
12-29-2001, 09:27 PM
I have to agree with everyone else on this one. Give about 40% position placement to ROF, about 55% to player ability, and 5% to player preference. If a guys got a dead on mini cocker and he's 6'8" and weighs in at 300+ than he might not be ideal for a front man.

nutz
12-30-2001, 12:39 AM
impy and rt pro in back, mini mag in middle and tippman and mag up front... if u dont like that, do it by player skill, perferances and stuff like that... i find the most ppl have a certain spot the want to play and let them play that spot and make ur team based on that... your team well probly do best if everyone is in they're sweet spot

magman007
12-30-2001, 02:14 AM
Ok first off i am assuming this is a centerflag style correct? Well, who ever isnt a little baby should be your center flag runner. Hopefuly that is your man with the tipman. Hopefully he can slide in to the center bunker and hide and olny have t lay down sal amount of paint.Then you put your mini and your 68 on the left ad right tapes. THen you and your buddu with the impy in the back. yu guys should d wel, now if your tippman guy is a wussy, switch your guns around. Bt hat is the configuaration you should have. I have tried it and used it. Good Luck man, have funplace well, and mark well.

FooTemps
12-30-2001, 02:28 AM
But wouldn't it be hard to do a flag run if you have a tippman? The last time I used a tippman it was kinda hard being hiding and moving... but that was with an M98

sbikeclix
12-30-2001, 12:03 PM
im with magman on this one. the way i see it, the guy in the center recieves so much fire anyway, he can poke his head out for anything. so it doesnt really matter what gun he has, just must kno how to post. however, the guys on the tapes need to play nice and tight-tapeline bunkers are often minimal. while rof is impt there, its not as important as snapshooting or bunkering ability. the back guys gotta eliminate someone off the break, give cover fire, etc. so that needs rof most of all. and its possible to run with a tippman, you just hod onto it with one hand, hold it close to ur body and run like heck. but the sammlewst player with the most balls needs to be center so he can get to th e flag, no matter what gun he has

Miscue
12-30-2001, 12:25 PM
Small and/or fast up front. Big and slow more towards the back. :) This isn't a rule, but is what normally ends up happening. Don't worry about what gun somebody has, have them play positions they are comfortable with or well suited for. I like playing up front because you get in the mix of things immediately... I like drawing fire from people... I love getting shot at, if people are shooting at me and have no choice but to watch me, I'm doing my job and I am helping my teammates come in safely for some smack down action. :)

paintbattler
12-31-2001, 11:14 AM
the thing is, we are all pretty fast..the classic and minimag are the fastest, the RT pro is next but he is not as fast as the classic or minimag, and the impy is juz almost as fast as the rt pro. wher should they all be?

Muzikman
12-31-2001, 12:09 PM
Have you guys ever practiced? Are these friends of yours? The best thing to do is ask where the players are comfortable. Guns do not matter as much as ability.

This also depends on the type of game. Is this an open speedball game or a woods game. Which players are not afraid to get bunkered? How willing is the center player to make the daring run for the flag and chance getting hit? The best thing to do is have a meeting, ask people where they usually play, hopefully they are honest.

The biggest point, if this is your first tournament, do not expect to win. Winning is great, but use this tournament to learn.

Tbone
12-31-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Small and/or fast up front. Big and slow more towards the back. :) This isn't a rule, but is what normally ends up happening. Don't worry about what gun somebody has, have them play positions they are comfortable with or well suited for. I like playing up front because you get in the mix of things immediately... I like drawing fire from people... I love getting shot at, if people are shooting at me and have no choice but to watch me, I'm doing my job and I am helping my teammates come in safely for some smack down action. :)

I'm exactly the same way. I try to draw fire to myself and work out the angles as best I can. Sometimes, if the situation calls for it, I'll be silent and try to creep up in a snake or something.....but most of the time I let them know they have one annoying little paintballing DMB fan up their you know whats

:p