PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio

marctheshark0404
11-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Anyone into it? Im looking for a good pair of 6.5" components for under $200. Im thinking about Infinity because i love there subs(own a 10"), and there a decent price. I like it to get real loud, and ill be running a 200W 2 channel amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: This is my first post on AO! :clap:

WaffleBaron
11-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Never had a problem with Pioneer. They all have a different native frequency dependant upon material so its personal preference as to what sounds good to you. If you've got a decent sub I'd go with a set that has good high and mid range.

CKY_Alliance
11-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Never had a problem with Pioneer. They all have a different native frequency dependant upon material so its personal preference as to what sounds good to you. If you've got a decent sub I'd go with a set that has good high and mid range.

Pioneer makes good stuff..and unless you want competition audio just buy their mid end stuff..im told it's just as good as the high end (whatever is a step below Competition) but not as flashy..aslo cheaper.

I would stay away from sony Xplod..the head units are decent..but the speaker..well they actually explod.

umm,for the money you can't beat Pioneer.

There are a lot of good,quality speakers out there, what it really comes down to is personal prefference and price. Just goto your local audio place and check stuff out...by the way if you do go with pioneer..just get them at wal-mart..assuming u have one near you.

BeaverEater
11-16-2006, 11:15 PM
I just threw some pioneer 6x9s in my truck about a week ago and love them. They were the best sounding even compared to a lot of the more expensive speakers. You really cant go wrong with pioneer.

marctheshark0404
11-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, looks like ill start looking at Pioneers! Im planning on buying online, because some things really are half price! Im currently looking at millionbuy.com, but if anyone knows any better sites please list them. Thanks again!

rkjunior303
11-17-2006, 12:32 AM
I've been looking at the Polk 6.5'' components for my subaru fronts... Save the extras $100 and go boston acoustics.

keep in mind components will give you good highs and mids but they still really won't thump - but it will definitely help