PDA

View Full Version : Do the twist! ...or not

spike_ball999
11-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I've been tinkering with my mag all morning and I decided to put the powerfeed body and twist lock barrel back on, just to see how it would look. Well, everything went together ok untill I tried to put the barrel on. it will go in, but it won't twist! I've adjusted the twist lock assembly from extremely loose to extremely tight and put some oil on the barrel and lock guide. Nothing. Is there a reason why it won't twist? I couldn't find anything in the searches either...

MANN
11-16-2006, 04:29 PM
do you know for a fact that the pin is going down. when you have it removed from your gun?

spike_ball999
11-17-2006, 01:38 AM
The pin works fine.

After some toying, I figured out what it was. The hole in the carbon fiber frame wasn't drilled deep enough so it pushes on the pin and causes extra pressure on the barrel. Has anyone else had this problem?

2BAD4U
11-17-2006, 04:26 PM
The pin works fine.

After some toying, I figured out what it was. The hole in the carbon fiber frame wasn't drilled deep enough so it pushes on the pin and causes extra pressure on the barrel. Has anyone else had this problem?
EVERYTIME I TRY A BRAND NEW BARREL THIS WILL HAPPIN 2-ME . I WRAP A CLOTH TOWEL AROUND THE BARREL 4-PROTECTION AND USE PLYERS 2-TURN THE BARREL INPLACE . AFTER 1 OR 2 TURNS WILL BREAK IT IN ...... ;)

Tunaman
11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
;) Everyone makes barrels different and they TRY to make them to AGD specs but it doesnt always work out...hence the problem you have. Stick an AGD barrel in there and I would bet it fits perfect.