PDA

View Full Version : Good back up marker?

flyboy
11-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Ok, it looks like we finally have a buyr for my sons autococker and as soon as I get my A5 egrip back from tippman I'll be selling it as well. (I know, why not keep it? simple I don't like it any more:) )

We both are running with emags now, and I'm leaning towards a regular tac one. But we are also talking about a phantom.

If anyone has any better recomendations, speak up. It has to be dependable and accurate thats all. Oh and fairly inexpensive.

pyrodragon
11-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Ok, it looks like we finally have a buyr for my sons autococker and as soon as I get my A5 egrip back from tippman I'll be selling it as well. (I know, why not keep it? simple I don't like it any more:) )

We both are running with emags now, and I'm leaning towards a regular tac one. But we are also talking about a phantom.

If anyone has any better recomendations, speak up. It has to be dependable and accurate thats all. Oh and fairly inexpensive.

nothing beats a good ole classic 68 automag or minimag. u already have all the spare parts with the emags, why not keep it the same?

minimag03
11-16-2006, 09:26 PM
How about a cheap classic mag? For the price of a Taco One you could have two or even three used classic mags.

flyboy
11-16-2006, 09:40 PM
How about a cheap classic mag? For the price of a Taco One you could have two or even three used classic mags.

I'd like to stay with something that doesn't use twist lock barrells. Don't the classics use those?

I have a ccm carbon fiber one and I love it!

Piranti
11-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Aye get a classic mag used and throw a RPG Pariah body on it................. :ninja:

punkncat
11-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Look at any of the electros with a a few years on them. Nicely upgraded Imps, Bushys, older Angels, even Trixes can be picked up for near nothing nowdays. Any of those are quite reliable and fast.

Toll
11-16-2006, 10:02 PM
200$ gets you a pretty damn nice Matrix now adays.

Rudz
11-16-2006, 11:48 PM
unmilled viks can be had for 400 ish..brand new DP fusions ar great, and slightly under 400, the new mini, proto rail, are all in the same cash bracket...as well as used angels..maybe a nice 05 borg?

Caboose
11-16-2006, 11:58 PM
unmilled viks can be had for 400 ish..brand new DP fusions ar great, and slightly under 400, the new mini, proto rail, are all in the same cash bracket...as well as used angels..maybe a nice 05 borg?
Proto rails are very nice. We got them in our shop just yesterday!

don miguel
11-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Cant beat tippys (98). I use one as backup. :D

evildead420
11-17-2006, 05:26 PM
i still use my spyder compact 2000 as my backup, it never did let me down :cool:

zackzel
11-18-2006, 12:18 AM
I would say an older angel, hell 2k2/2k3 lcd's are going for 200-250 on ebay. And don't hate me but I think an ion is a damn good back up as well, I mean you can get for like 120-150 now days, I can say I have one in my gear bag.

Outlaw5
11-18-2006, 09:02 AM
If you want compatability you need to go with a TAC-1 or RT Mag of some type. Your E-Mags components will be compatible with those markers.

If you want simplicity and getting back to the basics go with the phantoms.

If you want to keep the ROF and ease of trigger pull then pick up a used electro as suggested above.

I have multiple mags for the compatibilty of them and I don't have issues with not having a reliable back up marker.

Good luck with your decision. "Outlaw5"

RRfireblade
11-18-2006, 09:19 AM
"Back up" or just a second marker.

A back up 'should' be a second of the first the whole point being in a break down you can either grab the second and go seamlessly or have full set of extra parts. That's MY opinion on it. I have two (Min) identicals of each marker I compete with.

A second marker can be anything you think will be a fun toy when you want to take a break from the first. Probably should be quite different like Electro to Pump for instance.

What is it you really want ?

gus13
11-18-2006, 12:58 PM
this is why I have my two promasters set up exactly the same and totally independant of the other,(ie barrel/tank/ hopper) in case of breakdown I can just pick the other one up and keep going with literaly no down time between. If I want to run with something else I can pick up one of my mags which are all set up differently, just to change things up.

50 cal
11-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I use an RT classic. Tried and true and has never failed me.

slateman
11-18-2006, 09:04 PM
My Automag is my back up gun :D