PDA

View Full Version : Loader Suggestions for my Emag

Chrishew09
11-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Well my Apache just isn't doin the job any more, I can only get 6 or 7 ball strings at 14 bps with with my Emag since getting my Xmod installed, after that I bounce off the lvl10.
My buddy has a Halo but the thing is SO heavy compared to my Apache but I know that thing feeds fast enought for my fingers, but the reliability is questionable, I have never used the Egg2 so I dont know how the reliability is.

I play woods ball mostly, so reliability a durability is what I need I dont need peak performance does anybody have a suggestion for me Egg2 vs. Halo.

flyboy
11-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Well my Apache just isn't doin the job any more, I can only get 6 or 7 ball strings at 14 bps with with my Emag since getting my Xmod installed, after that I bounce off the lvl10.
My buddy has a Halo but the thing is SO heavy compared to my Apache but I know that thing feeds fast enought for my fingers, but the reliability is questionable, I have never used the Egg2 so I dont know how the reliability is.

I play woods ball mostly, so reliability a durability is what I need I dont need peak performance does anybody have a suggestion for me Egg2 vs. Halo.

I have a halo with mine and it works great. So far no reliablilty problems at all. My son has an egg, but we switched to a halo for him also. I think the egg kept up but he likes the way the halo loads better.

Mind'sEye
11-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Go Halo or Reloader B and you won't know LVL10 is there.

Sam5992
11-17-2006, 10:14 AM
you could wait for the pulse to come out. that is supposed to be faster and lighter than the halo

i own both a eggy and a halo, and i like the halo much more. it feeds faster, and more consistanty. the wieght isnt that big of a deal.
i dont really like the eggy because of the shape, and mines was rather inconistant. i dont think youll notice a major differance with the eggy than with the apache.
as for durability, the halo is pretty good, but i did manage to crack off a piece of my feedneck on a fall in the woods. eggys are less durable, and under normal woods cicumstances a halo should be fine.

i would suggest halo or get the pulse when it comes out.
or maybe a vlocity. those are much lighter than a halo, and much faster than an eggy

BigEvil
11-17-2006, 11:10 AM
I havent seen the new Pulse yet, if its what they say its worth looking into. But its really tough to beat the performance of a Halo.

warbeak2099
11-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Egg feeds about same rate as Apache. Neither are force feed loaders. I don't know how VL gets away with calling the Egg a force feed, it isn't. VL is just a crappy company in general, their quality control is a joke. Halos and Reloaders are proven and can dish out the performance that you need for your setup.

MoeMag
11-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Pulse... meh. So far I have only shot one on "pulse" mode. Honestly not too impressed. We just got the RF transmitters for them (bluetooth intellifeed) and I am curious to see how that does. IDK if an E-mag can be modded for the RF trans yet or not... will find out today maybe if I have the time.

Evolution hoppers are plain and simple... crap. dont get one you will be angry you didnt spend your money on a halo or reloader b

Get a rip drive for the halo or just get a reloader b and you will never worry about reliability again... except when you crack a shell.

My
$0.02

Little_Ho
11-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Hey there

Iam using an Egg2 with Warpfeed. On my MechMag and my X-Mag its keeping up very well. I use the X-Mod Software and run Semi 15 BPS. No Problems here....

my 02cent

BigEvil
11-17-2006, 11:33 AM
I am curious to see how that does. IDK if an E-mag can be modded for the RF trans yet or not... will find out today maybe if I have the time.

gotta figure with the Warp interface port on the board it theoretically wouldnt be too tough.

athomas
11-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Egg feeds about same rate as Apache. Neither are force feed loaders. I don't know how VL gets away with calling the Egg a force feed, it isn't. ....... Halos and Reloaders are proven and can dish out the performance that you need for your setup.

I completely agree with this statement.

On a simple freeflow drop, the speed of the egg doesn't look bad compared to a HALO. When you do start and stop feeds, as in the firing of a marker, the HALO maintains its feed rate and the Egg rate drops off considerably.

When you add a warp, it can maintain the forcefeed pressure on the ball stack which allows any loader like the egg to operate at a more consistent higher rate of feed. It essentially absorbs the start and stop limitations of the non-forcefeed hoppers.

Chrishew09
11-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for all the great responces.

Some guys mentioned cracking the Halo shells, I know this is a problem along with drive cone breaking. I had a halo on a spider clone a few years agon and I sold my Halo b/c the shell cracked and the drive cone broke, this is what I mean when I say reliability. My buddy has a brand new Halo and it has the magnetic lid and delrin drive cone, but the shell looks the same.
Any who, it sounds like the extra money is worth the Halo.

don miguel
11-17-2006, 04:41 PM
GO FOR THE VELOCITY!!!! it's stronger and faster!

Dark Frost17
11-17-2006, 05:36 PM
pulse....is the strongest loader i know of.....very very fast.....
halo b....i had before no cracks or breaking of anything...had no issues with it rip drive worked will when my batteries died....but out shot it every non and then....
and the velocity's are light and faster then a halo b....but i don't think they are faster the Reloader B2.....that just screams , some team mates have had problems with the diamond shells (cracking and what not)
i have had a egg and re sold it after never used on the field because it felt way to odd and awkward to use...
cant forget about spyders new loader...the Fasta or something like that....Spyder and ricochet teamed up and it is pretty quick and light..out preformed the halo b...i was supprised....used it on a vs2 or 3 :confused: at world cup at the spyder trailer....
but what ever....loving the Pulse so far

:cheers:

Chrishew09
11-17-2006, 09:34 PM
What about the eVLution 3, what is the differance b/w eVLution 2??

buzzboy
11-17-2006, 09:48 PM
SPEED
My friend has a Vlocity. Personally I like it better than the Halos, Eggys and Reloaders that I have shot. It seems to feed faster. Much more so that the halo. And the eggy seems the slowest. I actually outshot one on straight semi on my friends shocker so, um, yea.

DURRABILITY
I have seen my one friends Halo break and get free fixes for the past 3 years. Still the same halo in some ways even though it has none of the same parts. Mainly his problem was the feedneck(non adjustable feedneck) and the lid. I saw the egg have one problem be the battery door thing. I shot my teamates eggy twice. The first shot did nothing and the second ripped the battery door clean off to a state of inoperability.

RELIABILITY
So far other than the battery door the Eggs have worked every time. They are the only ones(other than the revy's but they don't count) that turn on and work perfectly every time. The Vlocity still does but it is only a few months old. The Halo's seem to have some problems in this area. Such as with not turning on the first try, jamming, eating batteries.

I really like eggs. They are cheaper and feed plenty fast for recreational shooting. Even tournies because of the 15 limit on guns. The egg feeds 15 fine and its much cheaper. If you want the speed I would go Vlocity. Got the speed just has some problems in the looks department.

slateman
11-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Halo B with rip drive.

Its an Emag. Its going to be heavy. Suck it up, start working out, and live with the added five ounces.

Hexis
11-17-2006, 10:14 PM
The Empire B2 and Halo B2s or whatever with the new feed cone and magnetic lids have a slightly changed shell. They are pretty new, but I suspect with the design tweaks there will be a lot less shell cracking. The stress points have been adjusted a lot.

MoeMag
11-18-2006, 12:02 AM
I am curious to see how that does. IDK if an E-mag can be modded for the RF trans yet or not... will find out today maybe if I have the time.

BWAHAHA!!!
Yeah no prob. its really easy. you solder the leads to the back of the circut board connections to the solenoid.

I put one on a spyder imagine today... :rolleyes:

Chrishew09
11-29-2006, 12:18 PM
That Pulse looks really nice, everything I didnt like about the Halo has been adressed.