PDA

View Full Version : pro classic back bottle asa

blindwolf
11-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Hello everyone, I was wondering if you guys could help me on a little issue I have. I have just bought a pro classic automag and I wish to install the asa in a back bottle configuration, as I have seen it done by many of the automag users, but my mag's body doesn´t have the necessary screw holes to do this, so if you could tell how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it. I would also appreciate if you could tell me where I could get some sight rails that fit the pro classic.

Thank you very much.
BW

This is a pic of what I wish to do:

http://img159.imagevenue.com/loc388/th_89948_0_122_388lo.jpg

rb211
11-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Look on your rail towards the back of it. There should be 2 small indentations inline in the center of the rail. These are where you need to drill your holes. I don't remember waht size bit you need to use though....

Jaan
11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
The screws are 1/4-20, so the clearance hole should be 1/4" inch. However, don't forget, you need to make room for the heads of the screws too, which is about 3/8".

From the factory Automags came with this back bottle attached. The screws have a "thinner" head so they can fit underneath the valve. This would be the same type of screw you use for the vertical ASA adaptor as well.

Here is the bolt:

Back Bottle Bolt (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=243&categoryID=16)

To do it the factory way you would drill a 1/4" hole and then make a 3/8" hole with a flat end mill to fit the head of the bolt.

Since older Automags came this way already, if you don't have access to a mill or just don't want to bother, you could probably find an older pre-drilled rail easily enough.

blindwolf
11-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys, you have been a great help. But now I have another question, where can I get the connectors necessary to conect the asa to the valve?... and I still need the sight rail info though :p thanks

Lenny
11-19-2006, 12:32 AM
For the hosing, check any local pro shop, or an online retailer if you don't have a shop near you. If you're using CO2, you'll probably want stainless steel hosing over macroline. Macroline tends to break with the cold of CO2. You might also want to invest in a quick disconnect set, so you can easily remove the valve completely from the gun.

As for the site rails, check eBay. There are always some for sale. Normally you just find the AGD tall boy ones, but you can sometimes catch the various aftermarket gilled models.

Hope this helped!

Lenny
11-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Oh, and welcome to AO!

Jaan
11-19-2006, 01:51 AM
For sight rails sometimes you can find them at older paintball stores gathering dust. I got a chrome shark-gill one last year at my local shop, and I saw a black one there recently, as well as a few of the plainer ones. PM me if you want his web site address. Just ask around some old stores, you'd be surprised what's in the back room of some of these places.

Smoothice
11-19-2006, 10:16 AM
I am also new to this forum and this is the first time I've seen someone trying to put together the same gun I have.

Everybody I've seen is trying to get away from stock. Including me!

Can I ask why you want to go back to a stock automag? Maybe there is some benefit I am missing.

Here is a pic of my gun (11 inch crown point barrel and 9 oz co2 not pictured)

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/39000/automag1.jpg (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/39543.html)

What does your gun look like?

Maybe we should just trade guns?

blindwolf
11-19-2006, 11:57 PM
I am also new to this forum and this is the first time I've seen someone trying to put together the same gun I have.

Everybody I've seen is trying to get away from stock. Including me!

Can I ask why you want to go back to a stock automag? Maybe there is some benefit I am missing.

Here is a pic of my gun (11 inch crown point barrel and 9 oz co2 not pictured)

http://www.rankellhomes.com/paintball/automag1.jpg

What does your gun look like?

Maybe we should just trade guns?

Hi, well, my gun is just a stock pro classic, with no upgrades or custom work yet jejejeje... just a plain good old mag with a lvl 10 bolt.

The reason why I wanted to configure it with the back bottle config is because I served some time in my country's armed forces, and I have this sort of conditioned reflex for which I must have a stock on my shoulder almost on the same level as the barrel to be able to comfortably aim, I don't think there really is any plus to this, it's just personal preference. :p

I know a lot of people dont like this config because it's uncomforatble to aim with your mask in the way, but for some reason, this has never bodered me.

And by the way, I couldn't see your gun's pic.

Regarding lenny's posts, first, thanks for the info and the welcome, and second the problem is that there are no paintball stores in my country, new.. old.. or any kind jejejeje... and everything I want to buy for my paintball vice I have to buy it from the internet and wait about a month to get it, so I'll probably be PMing Jaan for the dude's web page.

thanks,
BW

LegumeOfTerror
11-20-2006, 01:17 AM
a regular ASA wont fit the hole pattern thats there. you need to gat a backbottle ASA or tap the holes differently.

Jaan
11-20-2006, 04:05 AM
The reason why I wanted to configure it with the back bottle config is because I served some time in my country's armed forces, and I have this sort of conditioned reflex for which I must have a stock on my shoulder almost on the same level as the barrel to be able to comfortably aim, I don't think there really is any plus to this, it's just personal preference. :pWell then Ithink you would really like how I set up my MiniMag...I like the stock there as well...

MiniMag Rifle Mode (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/36146.html)
MiniMag Mini Mode (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/36144.html)

LoT is right about the spacing of the holes, standard spaced back bottle adaptors won't fit there. That stock I adapted myself, however it's not that difficult if you know how to use basic hand tools (files, taps) and a Dremel. The only thing I couldn't do myself is to re-anodize it black. If you want to know how to make one just let me know.

The only real option besides modifying something is to take a AGD back bottle adaptor and use a gas through stock, or a tank there.

Smoothice
11-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Are you going to be using co2 or HP to power up the gun?

Either way I would recommend JAAN's setup.

If you are using HP the tank would be pretty bulky to have against your shoulder. INMO. If you set up the HP like JAAN you would be closer to the real rifle feel.

If you are using co2 then JAAN's setup is a must. If you have the co2 mounted to the back asa you will have liquid co2 problems when firing. That is why I want to reconfiguring my gun. With JAAN's setup you can install an expansion chamber which would really help.

Good Luck.