PDA

View Full Version : Best new midrange??

Virem
11-18-2006, 12:50 PM
So it looks like mid-range guns are going to dominate the upcomming year. We have the Proto matrix Rail, the invert mini. and the Epiphany all for $400, take your pick.

Rudz
11-18-2006, 01:16 PM
The minis by the the fav....the ion is well an ion....so no love from me or the vast majority of ao..after all its still an ion....the proto is nice, with a ul frame, but that puts it in the 600 dollar range...the plastic frame may be sturdy and all, but its not as eye catching as the mini..the only thing I don't like about the mini, is the integrated asa, I've grown to lie angled drops...I know a few guys getting minis, so ill try them out...but for me I'd prolly get a proto rail, and get a ul frame....

Virem
11-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, the mini might be a bit too innovative, making it the risky pick.

Pullman
11-18-2006, 01:31 PM
That just means that for those of us that don't buy anything new we'll be able to pick them up super cheap in a year or two :D

Yay Mini!

don miguel
11-18-2006, 07:03 PM
I saw a PMR today, a guy on N.E.T.A.G. (new england tactical assault group) a very good scenario team, and buddies of mine. He was shooting a good 15-16 on semi (typical) and he said "it was less than an ego". so that means its like 500-600$ range? he didn't tell me how much he payed for it. I really thought it looked good, so good I mistaked it for a PM7 (im not good at decifering gun types from a distance). anyways, I liked it. the MINI looks good as well (from warpig vid).In that warpig vid of the SP guy talking about the epiphany, he was pretty much referenceing the ion the whole time. so the epiphiny aint in my top 3.

Chronobreak
11-18-2006, 07:59 PM
from what ive seen so far....

mini :cool:

warbeak2099
11-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Mini ftw

Epiphany = $500 Ion

Pmr = more plastic than an Ion and in innapropriate places (feedneck, trigger frame, trigger, etc.) Oh, and no friggin lpr.

zackzel
11-18-2006, 09:31 PM
From what i've read and the vids I would go with the mini but that vote my change once i actually hold/shoot any of the three.

FSU_Paintball
11-18-2006, 09:42 PM
I have held all three, and shot paint through the Mini. The Mini has my money.

My choice would be the Mini, although admittedly I haven't shot the other two.

Mini: $400, all metal, super SUPER lightweight and small. The grip wasn't a problem for me, even though it was wide. Shot FAST, kicked very little, and wasn't ridiculously loud like an Ego (although it was more loud than a Matrix)

PMR: I assume it shoots fine. But the plastic frame feels like it'll rip off from the gun after a bit. That might be untrue - but that's how it felt. The trigger is TERRIBLE and would have to go. The gun, while seeming heavier than a Mini, was probably lighter than even a DM7

Ephiphane: Would be my third choice of the three. Ion internals (modified to prevent dropoff)... that's about it. It's like a souped-up Ion.

I'd buy the Mini.

Dirge
11-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Have to go with the Mini. The Rail is just a cheap version of a better gun. The other is a factory upgrade of an Ion. Better, but still a cheap gun. We will see about the Mini.

Virem
11-19-2006, 01:00 PM
I forgot about the fusion.....

MoeMag
11-19-2006, 01:34 PM
PRM. ftw. break beams, spooler, so what if no lpr... shocker didn’t have one (nor does the mag :D )
It is hands down the lightest gun I have ever felt.
The plastic frame... reminds me of a Glock. Okay yeah a lot of people don’t like Glocks, but they are what they are... extremely good shooting reliable guns.

The trigger is something to be desired. I shoot raking 3 fingers across a trigger and it doesn’t allow for that. Two finger shooters actually really like it.

Shoots like a DM for $400. Can’t beat that.

What’s with the mini blowing on your fingers when you shoot? Granted I was probably one of the last to shoot it at OC so it may have needed some work, but hey. Nice gun. But the PMR has my vote.

benzy2
11-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Honestly of all the guns mentioned Ill take a used ion with a decent bolt, a new feedneck, and a nice trigger. The epiphony is an HP ion with a firebolt. The PMR is an ION. Plain and simple. Look at the few maunal pictures and bolt pictures and you will see it operates just like an ion and not like a DM/PM. The plastic doesnt bother me one bit. Its the fact that at best the PMR is a nice Ion. Ill save the money. The mini is the wild card here. The few videos I have seen werent fast but had NO kick. Speed can always be blamed on the shooter and what ramping/full auto I did see was capped so I havent had much of a real judgement on how fast the mini really is. It does sound interesting to me but I will have to wait at least a little while for it to be prooven.

With the prices on use ions where they are for 300 bucks I could pick up honestly all the gun I need. The nicer boards in the other guns would be nice but I dont ever play on anything but semi and I know I cant personally pull more than 17 bps. Untill the used market gets fairly saturated with all three of these new guns I think Ill stick with a few performance parts on an ion. Once the market has a lot of these three in it used then my feelings would change. If I can get an epiphony for 300 that would from the sounds of it be a better shooter as well as look a hell of a lot better than an ion with what i mentioned before. The PMR is probably just as nice performance wise as an upgraded ion so getting it at 300 bucks would give equal or better performance and look a ton better. The mini still being the wild card of new tech seems like even more of a deal when you price it used at 300. Those videos had zero kick in it. At this point to me the absolute lack of kick is the most important thing to me. The mini looks to be the winner there.

Jackel411
11-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Mini by far...

I got the chance to see it in person at Castle Conquest and it transformed me into a drooling fan boy of the gun..

Expect a review of it as soon as I get it.. December 5th.. hehe

psychowarden
11-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Oh, lets just totally forget about the DP Fusion.

Jackel411
11-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh, lets just totally forget about the DP Fusion.

I think he means new for the 07 line.. hasnt that gun been out for like a year?

just a karni
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM
mini the only way to go i might buy one or else a nice mag for those of you that have them pm me in my opinion the mini is definately the coolest

Virem
11-19-2006, 04:24 PM
No I forgot about the fusion :tard: that would definatly be cosidered... or maybe he meant that forget about it cause its bad??

Arstron
11-19-2006, 07:53 PM
I love my fusion and will be sticking with it for a long time. It shoots very nice, not much kick, and feels great with an endo! Also I know the fusion now come stock with all the tournament modes and 15 or 25 bps caps depending on what mode you are in, do the other guns have boards with all the tournament modes?

warbeak2099
11-19-2006, 08:23 PM
I love my fusion and will be sticking with it for a long time. It shoots very nice, not much kick, and feels great with an endo! Also I know the fusion now come stock with all the tournament modes and 15 or 25 bps caps depending on what mode you are in, do the other guns have boards with all the tournament modes?

Yea the Mini does. The Pmr does too. I think the Epiphany just has a stock Ion board with basic ramping.

psychowarden
11-19-2006, 08:56 PM
No I forgot about the fusion :tard: that would definatly be cosidered... or maybe he meant that forget about it cause its bad??

No, I meant is should be included. I love my Fusion, almost as much as I loved my X-mag.

Rudz
11-20-2006, 12:15 AM
i think the fusions gonna be a big contender in the next year, especially with the hybrid pl version, ill probably pick up a fusion in the next year

psychowarden
11-20-2006, 12:43 AM
i think the fusions gonna be a big contender in the next year, especially with the hybrid pl version, ill probably pick up a fusion in the next year

I warn you, you will probably like it alot. I love the feel of it, and with the price tag of $350, it beats any E/X Mag because it performs just as well as either.

Arstron
11-20-2006, 09:17 AM
The new version 2 fusions (with all the new fixes and board with all the modes) are selling for $375 now. If you have an old fusion though, you can upgrade to the new board for only $25. :cheers:

psychowarden
11-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Meh, I see no reason to upgrade to the new Fusion board when the T-board will be out soon enough. And the likelyhood that I will use anything other than 15bps ramping is very unlikely.

Virem
11-20-2006, 11:05 AM
The new version 2 fusions (with all the new fixes and board with all the modes) are selling for $375 now. If you have an old fusion though, you can upgrade to the new board for only $25. :cheers:

Where do you get them? I can't really find them anywhere except ebay.

AGDRetro
11-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I picked the Mini as it seems the farthest from just another re-hashed idea. The Rail looks like a bunch of Hong Kong Foohey.

One thing I would like to know about the Epiphany... why Magnesium? Is it easier to machine, can it be cheaper than 6061 aluminum or the 2011 SP has used in the past? The metal choice has me puzzled, knowing Smart Parts however my bet would be it is saving them money somewhere...