PDA

View Full Version : need help with MiniMag

brewsky3
11-18-2006, 02:19 PM
just got a Minimag from my friend and the expansion chamber is leaking air and when i tried to put the barrel back in, now you can pull it in and out with the o-ring visible and it will not lock in or come out. no idea what to do..

don miguel
11-18-2006, 07:11 PM
what's the problem, the expansion chamber? or the barell?
expansion chamber- either screw it and get compressed air, or mabe loctite the air fittings (either steel braided hose, or macroline).
Barell- mabe you are missing your twist lock assembly peice?:
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_182.jpg

MANN
11-18-2006, 09:52 PM
I/ nor anyone else is going to understand what you said in your first post. Please try to elaborate more

1 The barrel has nothing to do with the gun leaking. It only has orings on it to help keep it centered/snug. (unless your barrel is too small and catching your level 10)

2 You said air is leakin out of your expansion chamber. Take it out and replace the oring on the top of it. Also re teflon tape the fittings that are coming out of it.

I am assuming that the leak is coming down the barrel which makes you think that the barrel/expansion chamber is leaking. More than likely it is your on/off or bolt.

What bolt are you using L7 or 10?

You say that it wont lock in or come out? It sounds like you jumped your barrel off the twistlock rail. Unscrew your valve and front frame screw to remove your barrel. Re assemble it, and air it up without the barrel, and tell us any results. We will help you from there

:cheers:
Welcome to AO