PDA

View Full Version : Emag wont fire

DogChapman
11-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Wondering if you could help out this mag noob.

I air up the gun, hear the trigger arm and hear the sear trip, but the gun does not fire.

From what Ive researched, It has something to do with the sear plunger.

Not sure though.

If so, How do I adjust it?

Thanks

Rudz
11-19-2006, 10:03 AM
first make sure your batteries fully charged and your tank is fully screwed in, and outputs atleast 800 psi..you would be suprised how often the little things get overlooked

MANN
11-19-2006, 11:15 AM
probally too long of a on/off pin. Measure it.

phizz
11-19-2006, 12:07 PM
are you running xmod? as soon as I flashed my xmag to xmod it wouldn't fire could hear the plunger activating etc but nothing. I ended up increasing the dwell and works great now.

Also if you sign into the site and download the guide I beleive it has a couple pages on adjusting your plunger, and pin.

FiXeL
11-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Not sure if it is bolt stick, but if all the other things fail to solve the problem, look at the carrier o-ring in your bolt (assuming you have level10)

http://students.its.txstate.edu/~kp1143/lx.jpg

My mag had some issues firing in emode, at first not firing constantly, and it came to a pont i had to pull the trigger 5 times to shoot one ball. The problem was the carrier o-ring (#2 in the picture i posted) After replacing it, my problems were gone.

If that's not causing the problem, then it could be your battery (charge it fully before play) or, the solenoid has worn to a state it is too weak to pull the sear. (very unlikely) Also you should not alter the sear rod lengths, those are only to be adjusted by a certified AGD tech.

If you have xmod installed, download the manual from www.niedtech.com and check all the things mentioned in the manual. Xmod is not so forgiving as the standard AGD software if your gun is not setup correctly. If you don't have xmod, download it anyway because there are a lot of usefull tips in it to set up your gun correctly.

Well, hope this helps.

DogChapman
11-20-2006, 08:14 AM
OK, sounds good, Im going to try to look into the carrier oring, just ordered some more.

And yes, I have level ten

athomas
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Does the emag fire in manual mode? If not, then the problem is mechanical. If it does fire in mechanical mode but not in emode, then look for electrical related problems.

DogChapman
11-20-2006, 07:34 PM
It does not fire in any mode.

So does that mean its mechanical?

athomas
11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes, your problem is most likely mechanical. Make sure your level 10 bolt setup is properly tuned. Remove the powertube shims and use the largest carrier that does not leak. Use the shortest gold bolt spring on the front of the bolt. Then, with the gun gassed up, turn up the velocity until it starts to shoot. Adjust the velocity as required. Once you get it shooting consistently, you can probably use a longer, stiffer bolt spring (most use the red one).

DogChapman
11-21-2006, 11:36 PM
See, the thing is, I dont have all the little level 10 doohickys such as the springs and stuff.

It was installed, then I bought it, but the previous owner could not find all the accessories

athomas
11-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Without the level 10 parts, you probably won't get it firing properly unless you get very lucky.

You should have a middle red bolt spring and a shorter gold spring. The middle red bolt spring is the one most people use, but sometimes you need the gold one if you go to a field with a lower velocity limit. You should also have a variety of carrier sizes. Get one each of 0, .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5. Those should allow you to make any bolt stick adjustments. A spare powertube(carrier) oring or two wouldn't hurt either just in case. Shims aren't really needed, but if you are getting parts, get a couple in case you want to use them.