PDA

View Full Version : Shoebox Shocker ?'s

pyrodragon
11-19-2006, 02:17 PM
anybody know where one could buy upgrades for the old shoeboxes? would like to see what is out there for upgrades. thanks

Lenny
11-19-2006, 03:43 PM
You can check eBay and the B/S/T's. You're not going to find anything new. Besides, the only upgrades that do the shoeboxes any good are the "Evil Shocker Part" (very catchy name) and the Werm trigger frame. And a barrel.

IMHO

kruger
11-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Personaly, I also liked the HSW frames and the HSW front grips. You can still find them on Ebay occasionaly.

mobsterboy
11-19-2006, 05:58 PM
morlock the SOB

Shane-O-Mac
11-19-2006, 06:51 PM
I found a complete gun with a vert feed (somewhat damaged, but repairable) Werm frame, vert reg mount, and a Glacier board (only drop in aftermarket board for shoeboxes), very cheap, around $150. Look around for HSW parts or anything listed above. They really done need any upgrades, they work great stock. A barrel kit is about all I would do, or maybe a Glacier board if you want. Realize that your shoebox wont shoot over 12 bps, the design of the gun limits that. Also glacier boards can use eyes, but they really arent needed.

Shane-O

P.S. those evil thingies for them dont work for poop, save your money.

AGDRetro
11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Agreed, Evil's Shocker Part isn't worth crap. The 2001-02 Shockers have the LS board and can use Impulse triggers. The feednecks are threaded as well.

I've always thought that an Automag vertical ASA could be modified with a little work to be used as a foregrip, so that you could use any regulator of your choice. Use a 90* Fitting and then 2 swivel micros to run the hose from the back of the Shocker to the ASA... just an idea.

CrimsonGhost
11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
HSW stuff is a great upgrade IF you can find them...and when you do ...they will be at a premium price as they are RARE and the owners know it.
You can still find Impulse parts that will work on the Shoebox...triggers and such.
The power feeds and such are a bit harder to find...but parts kits are still around ....heck SP can still sell them to you.
Otherwise Ebay OR the Shockerowners Groups are were its at.
Glacier boards are AWSOME upgrades for the shoe.
Eyes arent needed ... just a GOOD loader that can do slightly over 13 bps . Better to have a loader that is faster than the marker ...for once.

And if all that fails... try hitting up Ydna on the Shocker boards OR on Docs ...he is the Guru of the shoes :cheers:

azzkikr
11-19-2006, 10:22 PM
honestly i think i have all the sp upgrades for the old shocker, just have to find them. and i know i have a spare board for it somewhere.

azzkikr

MoeMag
11-20-2006, 12:35 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/Picture014.jpg

WAS boarded Angel frame shoebox

:cool:

Lenny
11-20-2006, 03:17 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/Picture014.jpg

WAS boarded Angel frame shoebox

:cool:
Holy ****!!!! That is sweet!

What all did you have to do to the Angel frame?

MoeMag
11-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Holy ****!!!! That is sweet!

What all did you have to do to the Angel frame?

Had it professionally cut and extended so that the holes lined up... than just needed a 2 solenoid supporting board and dropped it in.

pyrodragon
11-20-2006, 07:55 PM
ok HSW i know about. was wondering if there where anymore things like bolts or other internals. not looking to make it a speed demon. just like to have a good marker. already have a 16 in AA. so i know about the barrel. thanks for all the help.

Ydna
11-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Have I worked on that gun?

Shane-O-Mac
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
ok HSW i know about. was wondering if there where anymore things like bolts or other internals. not looking to make it a speed demon. just like to have a good marker. already have a 16 in AA. so i know about the barrel. thanks for all the help.

Honestly there isnt anything you need to do to the internals, the work great as is. I spoke to ydna about increasing efficency and he said that there is no way to increase it, other than fine tuning the firing cycle. Stock, shoeboxs shoot great, just put air and paint into it and go play. anything you change is purely personal preferance. BTW, if you need work done to it, ydna is the man with shoeboxes.

Shane-O