PDA

View Full Version : Gas leak/short stroke problems

butterbut
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm running a 68 automag with CO2. Every now and then I short stroke it and it starts leaking but I pull the trigger again and its fine. However sometimes it starts leaking massive amounts of CO2 out the barrel. I have to take off the tank and rescrew it in to fix it but sometimes that doesn't even work. Does anybody know how to fix this?

athomas
11-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Have you tried replacing the bolt spring? It is a consumable item that needs replacing from time to time.

ghostdog2019
11-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Sounds like you are freezing the valve. Do you have an anti syphon tank or a good expansion chamber with the mag. Classic mags can run reliable with CO2 they just need the proper equipment.

-Mike Brothman

butterbut
11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm a total noob so i don't really wanna replace anything important. My tank is tilted at about a 30 degree angle. I've heard that you shouldn't use anti-syphon with a vertical tank; what about with a angled tank?

athomas
11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
An angled tank is fine, and is probably better than horizontal. Make sure the anti-siphon tube is turned up to the top side of the tank when the tank is screwed into the ASA.