PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the E-Mag

scar1230
11-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Is the E-mag still sold with a ROF cap? i planned on buyin a new one and competing with it in the NPPL and PSP, and as you know the NPPL does not have a ROF cap anymore, although it does have a Mode Of Fire cap, which isnt a prolem on the E-mag. Whats the difference between the X-mag and the E-mag? Was it just the X-valve before it was sold standard with it? What is the Maximum possible ROF on the newest E-mag without the cap? If it is possible to buy it now without the cap due to the newer rules of the NPPL. What generation of the Angel is the feedneck threads matched up to, or are they all still the same even on the newer model of Angels? :confused:

athomas
11-19-2006, 10:19 PM
The new Xmod software allows you to get past the cap. The solenoid won't function very well past ~22 although some have pushed it past that.

The difference between the xmag and emag is the body. The grip frame, electronics and valves are the same.

As far as I know, the Angel feedneck threads remain the same on all generations.

REDRT
11-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Is the E-mag still sold with a ROF cap? i planned on buyin a new one and competing with it in the NPPL and PSP, and as you know the NPPL does not have a ROF cap anymore, although it does have a Mode Of Fire cap, which isnt a prolem on the E-mag. Whats the difference between the X-mag and the E-mag? Was it just the X-valve before it was sold standard with it? What is the Maximum possible ROF on the newest E-mag without the cap? If it is possible to buy it now without the cap due to the newer rules of the NPPL. What generation of the Angel is the feedneck threads matched up to, or are they all still the same even on the newer model of Angels?

On a brand spankin' new Emag it comes with imo the really out dated 3.2 software. Caps at 20bps, semi-auto only. It hasn't any current frills or thrills. "Xmod" is the way to go currently. NO new boards or nothing like that. Just new a program to update the Emag or Xmag for that matter to something more in line with todays markers. Just run a search on "Xmod" and there is tons of info here on AO. Also "BigEvil" is vocal on the whole "Xmod" subject. Xmags and Emag are close. Same software stock and many of the same features really. The Xmag is different cause it has and on/off switch due to the "ACE" board in the lowers. The Ace if it still works give you the on/off and a reflective single eye. Not a biggy if it doesn't still work as long as you have the Level 10 anti chop bolt tuned well. Level 10 was standard with the then new aluminum Xvalve in the Xmag. The lvl10 is an upgrade to the older Stainless valves such as the Emag valve, Rts or classics with the exception of the rental valve and the sydarm valve I believe. Today the Brand New Emags have the Xvalve standard. Made of aluminum, lighter, and in color. Fuction the same otherwise. The one piece design of the xmag with it's removable breech is the biggest difference over the emags 2 piece rail/body design. Xmag was the first to switch over to a standard cocker threaded barrel. Everything else had been AGDs own twistlock. With the introduction of "ULE" Ultra Lite Engineering The ULE bodies have become a standard among the mag community. Thus it is common for the most part using cocker barrels as standard.
The xmag is milled pretty compared to the Emag, but the Emag had options in the past to be really nice with aftermarket bodies such as ones from DeadlyWind. Feednecks use angel threads. I'm unaware if angel has different feedneck thread pitches. I can however suggest the "subzero" feedneck. Very low, a strong design and it clamps on a unsanded Halo no problem. IMO the best one out there.
I hope this helps you out some. I'd suggest a used Emag to save some coin. AGD doen't give them away. I wouldn't consider the Xmag due to the cost differential over the also used Emag. All of your questions can be explored in depth via researching using the search option. So much info stored on these pages for newbs and veterns a like. ;)

scar1230
11-22-2006, 11:32 AM
allrighty then... how much does a new Xmag gor for anyway? i have been all over the AGD site, and havent actually seen them on sale. i thought about a used one.. but ummm, no. me and a buddy of mine had actually had plans of startin an NPPL team that uses them, and im the type of guy that has to have new, then beat the crap out of it myself haha. like the other guy said, at 22 bps, the soenoid was havin problems, is there any way to get past that? thru upgrades or anything? and what does this "Xmod" program actually do for the marker? i used to shoot a used minimag a few years ago back in the early days of high school haha. i gots to have a mag in my life man!
On a brand spankin' new Emag it comes with imo the really out dated 3.2 software. Caps at 20bps, semi-auto only. It hasn't any current frills or thrills. "Xmod" is the way to go currently. NO new boards or nothing like that. Just new a program to update the Emag or Xmag for that matter to something more in line with todays markers. Just run a search on "Xmod" and there is tons of info here on AO. Also "BigEvil" is vocal on the whole "Xmod" subject. Xmags and Emag are close. Same software stock and many of the same features really. The Xmag is different cause it has and on/off switch due to the "ACE" board in the lowers. The Ace if it still works give you the on/off and a reflective single eye. Not a biggy if it doesn't still work as long as you have the Level 10 anti chop bolt tuned well. Level 10 was standard with the then new aluminum Xvalve in the Xmag. The lvl10 is an upgrade to the older Stainless valves such as the Emag valve, Rts or classics with the exception of the rental valve and the sydarm valve I believe. Today the Brand New Emags have the Xvalve standard. Made of aluminum, lighter, and in color. Fuction the same otherwise. The one piece design of the xmag with it's removable breech is the biggest difference over the emags 2 piece rail/body design. Xmag was the first to switch over to a standard cocker threaded barrel. Everything else had been AGDs own twistlock. With the introduction of "ULE" Ultra Lite Engineering The ULE bodies have become a standard among the mag community. Thus it is common for the most part using cocker barrels as standard.
The xmag is milled pretty compared to the Emag, but the Emag had options in the past to be really nice with aftermarket bodies such as ones from DeadlyWind. Feednecks use angel threads. I'm unaware if angel has different feedneck thread pitches. I can however suggest the "subzero" feedneck. Very low, a strong design and it clamps on a unsanded Halo no problem. IMO the best one out there.
I hope this helps you out some. I'd suggest a used Emag to save some coin. AGD doen't give them away. I wouldn't consider the Xmag due to the cost differential over the also used Emag. All of your questions can be explored in depth via researching using the search option. So much info stored on these pages for newbs and veterns a like. ;)

A-Tach-One
11-22-2006, 11:44 AM
XMags have not been made in a couple years, so the odds of finding a new one is pretty slim. Used is your best bet, either here on AO or EBay. XMod gives you a little more adjustability and different fireing modes. Stock software is semi only. As far as drop-in upgrades on the noid limitations, no. :cheers:

flyingpootang
11-22-2006, 11:46 AM
If your going to use a emag in a tourney you have to remove trigger rod to avoid hybrid mode aka electronic trigger bounce.

scar1230
11-22-2006, 02:41 PM
If your going to use a emag in a tourney you have to remove trigger rod to avoid hybrid mode aka electronic trigger bounce.
ok... wait. the Emag comes stock with debounce??? i thought it was true semi auto? and the Xmod, still alittle confused, what kind of firing modes.. and since there is no way to avoid the limitations with the solenoid, what is the possible max ROF with the Xmod?

flyingpootang
11-22-2006, 03:46 PM
The bounce I'm talking about is the mechanical/pneumatic reative trigger return affect from a RT/X/E mag valve.

athomas
11-22-2006, 04:58 PM
As long as you can't induce runaway, you don't even have to remove the trigger rod anymore since the rules on ramping and capped rates of fire have changed.

The stock emag board had maximum electronic debounce built into it by default. It wouldn't recognise a trigger event until it was completely finished cycling.

scar1230
11-26-2006, 02:52 PM
As long as you can't induce runaway, you don't even have to remove the trigger rod anymore since the rules on ramping and capped rates of fire have changed.

The stock emag board had maximum electronic debounce built into it by default. It wouldn't recognise a trigger event until it was completely finished cycling.
ok... so i dont even really have to worrry about any of the removing of the trigger rod crap.. so the Xmod... how would i go about gettin that if i went ahead and bought an Emag? and what all does it actually do for the marker?

athomas
11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Xmod gives advanced firing modes and higher rates of fire. The advanced firing modes include ramping with higher rates of fire and also allows the sear/solenoid dwell to be adjusted.

You can download the firmware for free, as long as upgrades are available. You will need a programmer to program the board. That can be had by contacting the programmer of the firmware.

www.NiedTech.com

MANN
11-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Xmod is worth its weight in gold. BUY it :cheers:

scar1230
11-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Xmod is worth its weight in gold. BUY it :cheers:
so i need to download the software,.. and install it onto the marker with another program? how exactly do i go about puttin it on the marker? and settin it up to use it?

athomas
11-27-2006, 04:15 PM
The Xmod firmware is free and the program required to load the firmware onto the emag is free. You do have to buy a cable/programmer to perform the task.

Its quite easy once you get the parts you need.