PDA

View Full Version : New gun, new questions

buzzboy
11-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Woot, just got a new viking. 03, WAS, the works. Great gun. Played a tourney with it today and it performed great though I do have a few questions.

With this gun I got an older nitroduck adjustable tank. Do I need to do anything to store the gun with air in the tank. It doesn't seem like its good to just leave the gun pressurised. Would I just have to turn the output of the reg down to zero? There is no on/off that I can see.

My second problem is this weird reg. To fill it I have to have this extension that screws onto the reg and has a nipple on it. Where can I get somebody to replace this with a regular nipple(see pic below).

The whole package
http://tnight.net/photos/md/108440.jpg
The weird reg thing
http://tnight.net/photos/md/108441.jpg

warbeak2099
11-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Yup, turn the pressure down to zero. That's an older MegaReg. The nipple... I'd assume you could just buy a fill nipple and replace that funk one with it. As long as it has the same threads.

Nice Viking btw!

StygShore
11-19-2006, 07:22 PM
you can replace it with a standard fill nipple with check valve - I highly recommend a stainless one, and not ones coated in chrome

I think I just threw out the adapter I found in the middle of the Michigan Monster game one year

Styg

punkncat
11-19-2006, 07:27 PM
I just recently got one myself. Had to get a new LPR, but otherwise its been great. Enjoy the vike.

buzzboy
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm kinda new to this whole fancy equipment thing. Which way is down on the megareg? How do you adjust this stupid thing? Also what is a good pressure to be running into the sidewinder?

EDIT: Found answers on Nitroduck.com for the first two.

FARMER00
11-19-2006, 10:17 PM
sorry to be off topic but what exactly is that black hooky type thing at the back of the body behind the grip? what is the point in it?

warbeak2099
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Woah, was that rock heavy? It's a snatch grip. You use them to carry your gun by.

buzzboy
11-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Woah, was that rock heavy?
You askin if she was heavy? If so, not really compared to what I have shot in the past. The warped minimag was much heavier and bulkier. This was actually a lot lighter than I though it would be.

teufelhunden
11-20-2006, 07:24 AM
You askin if she was heavy? If so, not really compared to what I have shot in the past. The warped minimag was much heavier and bulkier. This was actually a lot lighter than I though it would be.

[He wasn't asking about the weight of your gun.]