PDA

View Full Version : Any DJ's Here?

Pballwizz
11-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Yep, any DJ's here on AO? I think MarkM is but I was wondering if there are any others? If so, do you spin CD or Vinyl, and what type of music do you spin? Also, whats your system?

Warwitch
11-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Yo! Been spinning for about 6 or 7 years now. Ive produced about two cd's worth of tracks of my own stuff too. I use only Technics tables, and only vinyl (for now). I just cant bring myself to convert, vinyl has the creamy goodness! Usually spin hardcore breaks, jungle and D&B. Trance is ok to listen to once in a while but its so boring to mix.

Pballwizz
11-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Nice! I just started a few months ago. I only used one gemini table, cause the other one broke. And I only got em so I could see if I liked it, now im hooked! So, Im getting some Denon DN-S1000 CDJ's. Im really more into mixing now than I am scratching, so yep. Im probably just gunna build a sick system wit good speakers and everything. Part for sets, part for enjoyment :)

Warwitch
11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
If you think paintball is expensive, wait till you start looking at nice studio monitors and rack gear! You may want to consider puting a kidney up on EBAY! lmk if you have any questions.

Pballwizz
11-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Yea man, definetly. Do you have AIM? LMK

Lenny
11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Jungle... That's my music.

I've wanted to DJ for a while now. What do you need to get started?

rkjunior303
11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
I've been playing for close to 7 years.. Been out of it for a while now.. Mainly breaks these days. Been strictly vinyl but I'm actually looking to break a cardinal sin and sell my Technics.. They just never get used anymore.

I have crates of old trance/techno that I'm looking to get rid of if anyone wants a good deal on a collection.

Kyle.Kimber
11-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Yay. I'm a DJ

I had a post back here like a year ago when I didn't know what I was talkin about, but now I'm better now. So yeah, I spin that new wax. I even came out with a new SUPER FLARE TECHNIQUE which I dont know how to patent. I got 2 Numark TTX1's and one DXM06 mixer which I modded with new leds and paint. I like to beat juggle a lot because its like dancing... kinda :)

Oh yeah and if you get used Turntables make sure that the spindel isn't bent. That was a pain for me, but its all good now.

And I don't like techno, or trance just becaus :rolleyes: e.

Kyle.Kimber
11-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Jungle... That's my music.

I've wanted to DJ for a while now. What do you need to get started?

Well first get a mixer and 2 turntables. You don't need direct drive because they are more expensive. If you are going to do regular club play just get some decent cartridges, but if you're scratching get some scratch specfic cartridges. And don't bend the spindel because then you'll have to get it straightened. And get some decent headphones and slipmats. You can get everything else later.

Lenny
11-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Well first get a mixer and 2 turntables. You don't need direct drive because they are more expensive. If you are going to do regular club play just get some decent cartridges, but if you're scratching get some scratch specfic cartridges. And don't bend the spindel because then you'll have to get it straightened. And get some decent headphones and slipmats. You can get everything else later.
Thanks!

NotKai
11-30-2006, 12:46 AM
DJ BIZZY BONER UP IN THIS HOUSE!!!!!

Warwitch
12-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Yea man, definetly. Do you have AIM? LMK

Dont have either but Im on AO pretty much everyday ;)

Pballwizz
12-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Yep. Well, forgot about this thread, haha. Anyway, its either new tables or a new PB gun. Tought decision, but I think Im gunna go tables..