PDA

View Full Version : Attn Warp Users

BigEvil
11-20-2006, 11:05 AM
What loaders are you guys using with your warps? I have a Halo with mine, and by the end of the day I feel like I spent a few hours in the gym. This has let me to ditcht using the warp altogether.

Since I cant shoot left handed to save my life, I want to go back to it. So what are you guys using other than halos and what kind of results are you having?

MANN
11-20-2006, 11:10 AM
EGG II. Everything else just dosent cut it. Yes the lid sucks, but it fits perfect, and the feedneck is very snug.

quasimorte
11-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I am using a halo with mine but i have another suggestion on how to deal with the weight. how are you mounting your tank? I have a 91/45 from tuna that is a beast. but i have mine rigged on an angled drop. with the set up i can tuck the tank right under my chin on my shoulder and almost all of the weight of the gun is resting on my shoulder and not in my hand or on my arm. this is great for playing but i had to rig up a carry handle for just carrying the gun between games. the drop was pretty cheap and gives me a super tight setup. try this as the majority of the weight of the gun is in the tank to begin with.

rkjunior303
11-20-2006, 11:26 AM
just learn to shoot left handed!!!!

FiXeL
11-20-2006, 11:34 AM
At first it is heavy, but you'll get used to the weight if you use it as your main gun regulary. I run a halo on my xmag and the weight doesnt really bother me as much as it did when i went to warp in the first place. Not getting shot on your hopper has a price, so deal with the weight and extra headshots. :D

Lupis Fidelis
11-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Big Evil,

I know you're gonna be looking at trudging around fields like USANA (last I saw you) for 26 hours or so.

I actually have used a sling to off-set the weight.

I have a reloader B, but also run remote so the weight isn't quite there.

If you search for "sling" you should find a neat little way of attaching a (not sure what it's called) clip to your field strip screw. I run a small carribeaner through and then link to a tctical sling.

Good luck!

neppo1345
11-20-2006, 12:07 PM

qft

BigEvil
11-20-2006, 12:58 PM

Yeah yeah yeah I know. It's one of my quirks, I cant seem to do it.

rkjunior303
11-20-2006, 01:08 PM

do what i do.

walk your steering wheel, your desk, whatever it takes over and over with your left hand.

olinar
11-20-2006, 01:22 PM
well i dont run warp currently but i plan on it and when i do im hoping that i can use my 114 cu tank to counter the weight of a warp/halo combo.im going to get a angled drop from luke and see what that does.i dont mind carrying a heavy gun but i hate it when the gun is not balanced.i envy ambidextrous people.

Gunga
11-20-2006, 01:32 PM
I use Ye Olde Revolution with both of my Warps. I don't tend to sit there and send a constant stream of paint at someone so the relatively low speed of the Revvy has never been an issue.

Additionally, I've cut a hole or heated & made a dent in the shells of my Revvys for the Warp hose. Not being able to make holes/dents in a Halo (or at least easily) for the hose a factor in me staying with the Revolution. The Eggs...well I had a Egg I and it was a POS, so I'll never get one of those again. Besides, the Eggs sit too far back for me. It'd be smacking me in the mask.

BigEvil
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Not being able to make holes/dents in a Halo (or at least easily) for the hose a factor in me staying with the Revolution.

I actually use a 45* elbow off of the warp to clear the halo. It works really well.

Im thinking maybe its just time to get a smaller tank :-) I could probably get 1000 shots off of a 68/4500 on my Xmag. Actually, the 88/4500 tank itself isnt so bad, but the Stainless steel reg is murder.

rkjunior303
11-20-2006, 01:51 PM
I actually use a 45* elbow off of the warp to clear the halo. It works really well.

Im thinking maybe its just time to get a smaller tank :-) I could probably get 1000 shots off of a 68/4500 on my Xmag. Actually, the 88/4500 tank itself isnt so bad, but the Stainless steel reg is murder.

AKA or MacDev FTW.

1000 shots off of my 45/45 with some to spare. ;)

behemoth
11-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Big evil

Hold the marker with the left hand, and cross your right hand over your body to walk the trigger

= shooting left handed.

kevdupuis
11-20-2006, 02:30 PM
I use a halo B on mine, the weight doesn't bother me.

BigEvil
11-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Big evil

Hold the marker with the left hand, and cross your right hand over your body to walk the trigger

= shooting left handed.

Yeah I do that now. Not good at that yet either. :tard:

MoeMag
11-20-2006, 02:44 PM

Can you not aim with your left, or can you not shoot fast with your left?

As far as aiming... I stopped using one eye (my dominate eye) for shooting under the coaching of some really old school players. Use both eyes. Paintball is too up close and personal, and the fact that you can see the balls flying… take advantage of that. Use our natural predators binocular range finding vision while shooting. I don’t even look down the gun much anymore; I can almost shoot “from the hip” so to speak, almost as effectively as a normal position. Watch the paintballs down range and watch their behavior in all 3 dimensions, elevation, windage, and distance. After doing that my game improved a lot, I actually could move up a bunker or two playing against the big league teams that I work with. And shooting out of my left wasn’t a problem anymore.

If you cant walk fast with your left… do what /\ /\ /\ said.

EDIT: I got sidetracked and didnt post this for over an hour.

BD_Paintball
11-20-2006, 02:56 PM
when i had my warp i had a rev. but to be honest i would ditch the warp and learn how to shoot lefty. i used to suck at shooting lefty but now after about 5 months of shooting lefty my left hand is just as good as my right. if you play tourneys and you have practice with a team just shoot lefty the whole time for a few practices and then next time you practice for real you will naturally go to your left hand when you want to shoot out of the left side of you bunker. it really helps to be able to shoot lefty and not have your gun sidways.

Robbie
11-20-2006, 03:00 PM
big e
when i used the warp feed i used ti with the egg. fits the best.
If you are playing woods ball use a vest ...they have straps to hold the gun when your not using it.
as far as shooting left handed .bahhaaaa
dont you know you know guns have modes now.beeeeah
If you need an let me know i still have a brandy new one.
Howsthe house????
2 and 1/2 days and counting

sniper1rfa
11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
use a revvy. The warp more than makes up for the inconsistant feed rates of the revvy, and it is plenty light and just the right shape and size.

rkjunior303
11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Big evil

= shooting left handed.

RL Ghetto blaster stylie

Chronobreak
11-20-2006, 03:12 PM
wish i could say more than im gonna say here but...

i was using my warp, and using my halo the other day and thinking that these two things operate essentialy the same.

do ir eally nee both(extra battery and part/balance weight, etc)

as a project i am now done i basicly have halo/warp internals mounted in a pvc pipe intellied to the gun. mounted at 45* with a speedfeed on the top..

seems to be workign alright, although im probly gonna add something itnernal to keep the "weight" of the ballstack down to keep drivecone speeds up.

btw i made the entire thing for around $47 :cool: and works just as good ifnot better so far.. :shooting:

BigEvil
11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
wish i could say more than im gonna say here but...

i was using my warp, and using my halo the other day and thinking that these two things operate essentialy the same.

do ir eally nee both(extra battery and part/balance weight, etc)

as a project i am now done i basicly have halo/warp internals mounted in a pvc pipe intellied to the gun. mounted at 45* with a speedfeed on the top..

seems to be workign alright, although im probly gonna add something itnernal to keep the "weight" of the ballstack down to keep drivecone speeds up.

btw i made the entire thing for around $47 :cool: and works just as good ifnot better so far.. :shooting:

SO basically a halo with a 90* feed on it. :dance:

Rudz
11-20-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm using a warp, halo with a 114...I had luke take a fbm stilleto angled drop and mill it to work with his warp bracket, the
tank sits on your shoulder..so its all good...

ill try that 45 elbow, I hate my halo angled all wierd...

Chronobreak
11-20-2006, 03:22 PM
yeah, but i had to change the pulleys, and the drivecoen tension to get the desried or as close to desired. also few more vlts helped ;)
and intelli for improved performance/decreased lag.

after seeing the new pulse dissasebmly and bluetooth (and 44bps claim) im thinking that would have been better to use for this application.

the direct feed from halo verticly diddnt seem to work stock to well..

hitech
11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I just use a revvy. And with XMod and ramping turned on set at 15bps it keeps up just fine. :D

Carbon Blue
11-20-2006, 08:15 PM
use a ricochet apache with the 05 motor. It worked wonders for me and is definitely ALOT MORE sturdier than the egg. Theyve got GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and will not even question you if you need new shells. We did drop tests with a zboarded egg and an apache with an 05 motor and the egg came out 1 ball faster. Id definitely take the better build quality and lightness over that miniscule difference. :cheers:

A-Tach-One
11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I always used a Revy on the warp but gave it to my Father in-law. Got tired of hearing him shake his gravity fed hopper. So at the momment I am useing a TSA but the Revy seemed to be a little more durable in construction.

behemoth
11-20-2006, 09:56 PM
I shoot lefty in the first place

So screw all yall.

Temo Vryce
11-21-2006, 05:48 AM
I use a Ricochet Apache. It's tightest setup I could get without altering a hopper.

Phantom_Mag
11-21-2006, 02:50 PM
FOr what its worth, I prefer my revy and holes drill through the shells. I get it as tight as i can with lukes bracket.

Strider
11-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Rvvy. :) Only because the egg sits too far back on my setup and plays hookey with my mask. :rofl:

VFX_Fenix
11-22-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm using a Ric 2K with mine. Can't beat it for weight, one of the lightes loaders on the market.

paintballfiend
11-22-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm using a Ric 2K with mine. Can't beat it for weight, one of the lightes loaders on the market.

What is your set-up? I am planning to put a warp on my 68 and use a 2k to feed it.