PDA

View Full Version : NO X-valve problems!

Spider-TW
11-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I studied the threads on the x-valve and decided I wanted the Go X-valve program to be sure that I had the new sear and all of the spacers and rings. I studied the the level-10 tuning and reactive trigger threads.

When I got the x-valve I had trouble with my frame screws. :mad: The front was frozen and I had to punch it out. The back screw was too long by 1/8" (I think it was always too long since my AIR valve was never tight on the frame). However, once I got the valve in and got the velocity cranked up, I never had any trouble with the valve or the level 10! :clap: I checked the level 10 with a barrel swab until I got bored.

As predicted, my 3k flatline did not keep up for more than three shots reactive. So I collected a 4500 bottle and new max-flo reg on ebay and now the reactivity is fully controlled. I kept my revy so that I won't be able to over shoot anyone, bps-wise. :D It's now had three cases of paint through it without one break inside (a couple 'water balloon' balls broke after barrel exit, which was weird).

After checking all the threads, you mainly see problems. I just wanted to say that mine dropped in perfectly. :bounce:

lasrsktr
11-20-2006, 04:09 PM
I studied the threads on the x-valve and decided I wanted the Go X-valve program to be sure that I had the new sear and all of the spacers and rings. I studied the the level-10 tuning and reactive trigger threads.

When I got the x-valve I had trouble with my frame screws. :mad: The front was frozen and I had to punch it out. The back screw was too long by 1/8" (I think it was always too long since my AIR valve was never tight on the frame). However, once I got the valve in and got the velocity cranked up, I never had any trouble with the valve or the level 10! :clap: I checked the level 10 with a barrel swab until I got bored.

As predicted, my 3k flatline did not keep up for more than three shots reactive. So I collected a 4500 bottle and new max-flo reg on ebay and now the reactivity is fully controlled. I kept my revy so that I won't be able to over shoot anyone, bps-wise. :D It's now had three cases of paint through it without one break inside (a couple 'water balloon' balls broke after barrel exit, which was weird).

After checking all the threads, you mainly see problems. I just wanted to say that mine dropped in perfectly. :bounce:

Congrats... Its nice to hear that once in a while.... I now own three x-valves and only one has given me problems... I love them...

but for the love of your valve... Upgrade your loader and unlock the true potential of the x-valve

don miguel
11-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I have a question about the xvalve, and level 10. Does the lvl10 carrier oring break often when lubed well? because I would get a lvl10 but I would hate to go through the whole process of the carriers and springs again if it broke. If it breaks, how often? just PM me with some info please, cuz I will forget to read this thread again. thasnks

lasrsktr
11-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I have a question about the xvalve, and level 10. Does the lvl10 carrier oring break often when lubed well? because I would get a lvl10 but I would hate to go through the whole process of the carriers and springs again if it broke. If it breaks, how often? just PM me with some info please, cuz I will forget to read this thread again. thasnks

All orings wear out after time its just a fact of life... And as with owning anything in life you must maintain and fix things in order to enjoy them properly...

there is a learning curve on the lvl10 but once you know it... tuning them isn't hard at all...

For me the first one was a pian in the ***... now all five or my markers wear a lvl 10 and they all work perfectly...

And its makes play stress free becuase i have yet to break a chambered ball with it in, whereas a couple buddies one with a cocker and the other with a tippman chop at least once per day...

Danimal82
11-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I have 4 x valved mags all with level 10 bolts. I'm fairly new to mags and I had no problem tuning the level 10s. It really isn't as hard as some people think and the upgrade is totally worth it. Before my mag I never enjoyed a chop free day of play. I have yet to chop with the level 10 even on my xmodded e-tac at 20bps.

athomas
11-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I have a question about the xvalve, and level 10. Does the lvl10 carrier oring break often when lubed well?

I have had the same carrier oring in my emag for over 100,000 shots not counting dry fires. It is the same oring that came with the level 10 when I got it, which was one of the beta test units btw. So, it is both old and well used and still no leaks. :headbang: