PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what is going on...

Allfat
11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey, I am kind of a noob to mags, but I got a minimag not too long ago and finally had a chance to run it over the chrono. Well....the results were interesting.

I first tried HPA and it leaked out the back, so I backed out the velocity screw until it stopped. I shot one shot over the chrono, and it was hot, like 320-330. Then the next shot would be around 270, then it would jump around like crazy. I figured I would try some CO2 and it did the same thing.

I really dont know what is going on or how to fix it, but hopefully you guys can help me out. And remember, I really dont know much about this gun, so keep the mag jargon to a minimum if you can. Thanks.

Spider-TW
11-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Sounds like it needs its seals cleaned and lubed. You may be able to just spray a good lube in the ASA (or whatever air connection you have) and shoot it out. That's what mags are good at. Otherwise, start looking at the regulator exploded views, which won't be wasted time either way.

Allfat
11-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Sounds good, I will lube it up and see if that helps the next time I get to a chrono. Thanks.

FiXeL
11-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Lube it and see what it does. Mags that havent seen much action for a while need some lube shot trough them, and usually they work fine afterwards. :)

rb211
11-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Change you reg seat. That should level things out a little.

athomas
11-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Give the whole valve a good cleaning. Change the reg seat when you do it. A piece of dirt in or around the regulator piston assembly can cause problems like that.

Another thing that can cause wild velocity fluctuations is random paint sizes due to inconsistent paint.

Spider-TW
11-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Give the whole valve a good cleaning. Change the reg seat when you do it. A piece of dirt in or around the regulator piston assembly can cause problems like that.

Another thing that can cause wild velocity fluctuations is random paint sizes due to inconsistent paint.

How about oil in the barrel? I had some very high chronyed shots after getting some teflon lube in my barrel (in a different marker, not my mag). :rolleyes: Too bad it wasn't consistent. Whatever happened to those solid teflon barrels anyway?

athomas
11-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Any lubricant that causes a better seal between the barrel and ball will cause a spike in velocity until it wears away.

Allfat
11-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Change you reg seat. That should level things out a little.
Alright, I dont know how to do this. Is there anyplace that I could go to find out how? Or maybe one of you could be really nice and give me a tutorial?

Also, I had another question. I hear people talk about putting in more shims. What are shims and where do they go and what do they do?

Also, the guy I bought this mag from said it had a lvl 10 installed, but how do I know for sure?

spike_ball999
11-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Here's how to dissassemble the valve. I'm sure there's one on here, but I know the pictures on this one work:

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71896

Shims either refer to the Ultra Light Trigger (ULT) or the Level 10. In your case, it's probably the Lvl 10.

athomas
11-29-2006, 07:13 AM
Alright, I dont know how to do this. Is there anyplace that I could go to find out how? Or maybe one of you could be really nice and give me a tutorial?

Also, I had another question. I hear people talk about putting in more shims. What are shims and where do they go and what do they do?

Also, the guy I bought this mag from said it had a lvl 10 installed, but how do I know for sure?

Go to the AGD site and download the exploded view of your valve. It shows where everything goes in your valve. There is also a manual for your gun there.

Manual: http://www.airgun.com/Images/automan.pdf

Exploded view: http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf

Shims in your case would refer to the level 10 powertube. They adjust how far forward the bolt has to move before it can release air and reset. Most of us never use shims at all. Don't worry about it unless you are having problems with the bolt stopping on an object and not venting. If it chuffs or vents, then you don't need shims.

A level 7 bolt has a straight bolt stem. A level 10 bolt stem has a stepped bolt stem with two different diameters. The small diameter section of the level 10 is about 3/8" long. Have a look at it. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

Spider-TW
11-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Do all Lvl 10 bolts have foamies? How many foamies has any of you had to replace?

athomas
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I've never replaced any of mine yet. If one does come off, use some acetone or some other non-oilbased cleaner to remove all the glue. Then glue another foamy on, or not. The level 10 is so soft, the foamy doesn't so much other than keep the ball from rolling back in the breach.

Allfat
11-29-2006, 04:44 PM
alright, I looked over the valve exploded view and the manual, and I am starting to learn a lot more about how they work and the parts that are used. This is a lot different than my Tippmann, I figured out how it worked just by looking at it. Then again, they are extremely simple, lol.