PDA

View Full Version : level 10 connected to blowback!!! please help!!!

nathanjones008
11-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Yes, here is my question. does a level ten bolt cancel out blow back? the reason i ask this question is, i have a 68 automag,with a standard feed body and a power feed body. if this cancels out blow back is there really no reason for a powerfeed body? becausie it so much easier to aim with a standard feed body.

thanks.. Nathan :clap: :rofl:

athomas
11-23-2006, 11:19 PM
The bolt stays forward longer, so it definately does help reduce/eliminate blowback. There are other contributing factors as well so I can't just make a blanket statement that it will totaly eliminate it in your case. Try it and see.

nathanjones008
11-23-2006, 11:23 PM
thanks if thats the case i will remove my powerfeed body and slap the stnadard feed back on. it is so much easier to aim without the powerfeed body blocking your way.
thanks nate

SR_matt
11-24-2006, 08:58 AM
power feed has kind of fallen out since motorized loaders have taken over mostly and espicaly since force feed.

i would suspect (this is just my mind trying to put 2 and 2 together) that the harder the main spring the more blow back you would potentialy have.
-matt

nathanjones008
11-24-2006, 09:13 AM
:bounce: :bounce: so matt, i have a 12 revy hopper and a level 10, do you think the powerfeed body is useless? i think so

SR_matt
11-24-2006, 09:19 AM
well ive never really like powerfeeds, my freind used a revy for like 2 years with his tac 1 and never had issues.

id switch and since you have both bodies, worst case you can switch back
-matt

nathanjones008
11-24-2006, 09:19 AM
i know this may soud silly but do is there differ color springs represent harder or lighter pressure, i am not sure what spring i have, (airgun design installed my level 10 for me. I want to do what ever it takes to gt rid of blow back, or get rid of much as possible, likei i said it is so much easier to aim. one more . i know this is off the subject, but is air gun going to make new products? i havent seen anything new for over 3 years. or is it like they do not need anymore products? thanks so much for your help... :)

SR_matt
11-24-2006, 09:23 AM
the gold shoter spring is the softect, then the red then the yellow (i think, i know the shorter one has the smallest constant. you can probably feel the differances between the 2 that are teh same size.

if AGD installed it you should have the right one in.

-matt

athomas
11-25-2006, 09:21 AM
The gold spring provides the hardest impact on the ball. The red is the middle spring (which most people use). The grey one is the softest, but depending on your setup, may not allow consistent operation.

On, the flip side, the gold spring will tend to have the most blowback, and the grey, the least. This is due to the stiffer spring offering more resistance against the escaping air. The bolt stays forward longer usually until the ball has exited the barrel thus reducing blowback.

SR_matt
11-25-2006, 09:37 AM
horw would a harder spring which will push the bolt back sooner with more air still in it reduce blow back when higher psi air can escape going back?

maybe im just seeing this wrong but that doesnt work out for me the way you described it.
-matt

athomas
11-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Using the stiffer spring, the valve dumps air for a longer period of time. That is also why the level 10 bolt is less efficient than the level 7.

The level 10 bolt utilizes pressure differential to provide the soft impact on the ball. Increasing the bolt spring pressure decreases the amount of difference between the air pressure force and the bolt spring force. This differential force is the actual force that the ball gets hit with. The bad side effect of increasing the bolt spring force is that you add restriction to the air flowing out the end of the bolt. The effect is very similar to that of a regulator. Due to the reduced pressure/force differential there is also less impulse pressure to shoot the ball. This means that now we have to increase the operating force within the chamber a bit to compensate. The differential pressure is still lower than the level 7. The result is that we have a higher operating chamber pressure which takes longer to dump from the valve. The initial impulse pressure starts the ball on the way followed by a steady air flow. The air flow trails off but is still dumping from the chamber after the ball has exited the barrel. The amount of extra air may be minimal, but it prevents the bolt from returning after the initial blast of air that the ball needs to get to its optimum velocity. Because the whole process takes longer to happen, the return of the bolt happens with the bolt spring pressure and the chamber pressure being at a closer value as well. This also causes the bolt to return slower. The end result is that the whole bolt cycle takes longer and the ball has exited the barrel before the bolt gets back far enough to allow air to escape up the feedneck. The remaining air in the barrel is still going out the end and doesn't reverse direction to go up the feedneck because there is no back pressure.