PDA

View Full Version : Z-Grip RARE?

AutoMagClassic1
11-24-2006, 01:01 AM
hey i might be able to get my hands on a Z-Grip REALLY cheap i heard they were Rare Just not sure PLEASE help me out w/ this one.? maybe how much they are worth and are they really rare. Thanks, Automagclassic1

SR_matt
11-24-2006, 08:48 AM
yes they are pretty rare (400 made) and they normaly can fetch a good chuink (IIRC150-200 is normal but i am not positive on that). if you found it for under 100 and you dont pick it up when ypu have the $$ to get it you will cry and hurt your self... after everyone else does ;)

http://www.airgun.com/museum/z-grip.htm info on z-grips
-matt

don miguel
11-25-2006, 10:58 AM
If you can get one in good condition and not modified by cutting the trigger, or milling off excess weight etc... then you have a piece of AGD history. like the website says, z grips were ahead of thier time and now they are worth something. I ordered mine a week ago and cannot wait to get it. good luck.

MANN
11-25-2006, 11:20 AM
just fyi don. a Zgrip will not fit on your micromag body without removing the foregrip. (I already tried)

SR_matt
11-25-2006, 12:40 PM
^^ for fore grip use with a zgripp will a 15* forward work or do you still need the extender (also i assume it matters on teh rail corect?)
-matt

gus13
11-25-2006, 03:36 PM
so do I need a 15* asa for a foregrip on a minimag body too? (I just bought a whole mini w/ z for $150! along with an extra rail because my buddy (the guy I got it off of) "can't use a mag". :confused:

SR_matt
11-25-2006, 03:38 PM
i know a forgrip extender will work but im not sure how the angels work out if you can just do the 15* or not

-matt

gus13
11-26-2006, 12:50 AM
well, looking at it I'm thinking not... but I don't have a 15* adapter available to test this. so would a regular RT rail extension work? I think I can get my hands on one of those on Monday to test that out, but iof anyone knows now it would save me the effort.

SR_matt
11-26-2006, 09:11 AM
i do not think an rt extender would work with out midification. the rt rails have 2 screw holes and the am/mm rail has one larger screw.

-matt

AutoMagClassic1
11-26-2006, 10:37 AM
thanks for all the help...im pretty sure the z grip is mint and also whoever said you ordered yours i thought they didnt make them anymore...? :confused:

MANN
11-26-2006, 10:47 AM
The zgrip will work fine with the rtpro extender, and the regular automag extender. I dont think it will work with a 15degree adaptor due to the trigger guard. With the micromag there is not foregrip extender or 15degree adaptor currently availible.

A-Tach-One
11-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Luke makes a nice extender for the Z frame, a straight, a 15degree forward, and a 15degree in reverse. :cheers:
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0026.htm

i do not think an rt extender would work with out midification. the rt rails have 2 screw holes and the am/mm rail has one larger screw.

-matt

EDIT: Also in response to this post, it is true of older AM MM rails. Some newer ones from about a year ago were milled with dual holes, I have one. New raw ones are milled with all 3 holes so they accept all asa's. I got this info from Rogue. :cheers:

SR_matt
11-26-2006, 11:20 AM
the extenderr would be to hard to make, all ti is is a piece of bar stock with 2 holes in it for the am/mm rail. just figure out the thread/hole size that attaches a foregrip and tap that thread into a piece of bar stock and then drill a hole where you want teh fore grip to attach at.

-matt

don miguel
11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
just fyi don. a Zgrip will not fit on your micromag body without removing the foregrip. (I already tried)

i know
i was planning on removing it for the zgrip. Thanks for letting me know anyways! your great, and a good seller. everyone should buy from mann, he even has customer service! :dance: :dance:
oh yeah heree is a pic of a good condition zgrip:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/joshbrede/RTvalve008.jpg
good luck!

MANN
11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
damn that looks sharp. Do you like the feel of the Z? I just sold mine. I am more of a Ygrip person, and have to have a foregrip. I had one of lukes offset brackets for the asa, and it made it balance out perfectly. You should look into one if the bottle gets in the way of your forearm

don miguel
11-27-2006, 08:08 AM
damn that looks sharp. Do you like the feel of the Z? I just sold mine. I am more of a Ygrip person, and have to have a foregrip. I had one of lukes offset brackets for the asa, and it made it balance out perfectly. You should look into one if the bottle gets in the way of your forearm

thanks,
I could have never done it without you! i like having no foregrip, and love the zgrip. Because I broke my wrist (right) at the growth plate It gets painful to curve my wrist to a 45 degree trigger frame. So the zgrip keeps it straight. :D
i had a ygrip but traded it for my rt micromag valve. I liked it but it had some sear return probs. But the Z shoots like a champ! I love the grips that came with mine. :cheers: