PDA

View Full Version : Single Trigger E-Mag Please

Panzerr
12-30-2001, 11:14 AM
I love my RT, and would like to get an E-Mag, but I'm leaning towards an angel because there currently is no single trigger frame available for the E-Mag (not that I'm aware of anyway). I've got a benchy double on my RT, but I can slip a finger behind the trigger for a full grasp on the grip. There is no room for doing such on an E-Mag, and I just don't feel comfortable without a full grasp on my marker when I'm running. AGD, make a single trigger frame for the E-Mag.

TITAN
12-30-2001, 11:18 AM
you would probly be the only one to buy it:D

Panzerr
12-30-2001, 11:33 AM
I've seen plenty of single trigger Angels out there, and I'm not talking about the older LEs. WDP makes single trigger frames for the Angel, so I don't see why AGD couldn't make one for the E-Mag.

Russ
12-30-2001, 11:37 AM
Not such an easy task because of the magnet in the trigger that actuates the hall effects sensor in the frame. And redesigning a the trigger frame? Hmm, that would bring up the costs of an already expensive gun.

Panzerr
12-30-2001, 12:07 PM
And redesigning a the trigger frame? Same trigger frame, just put a single trigger in it. They wouldn't even have to cut down the gaurd.

TITAN
12-30-2001, 12:20 PM
i dont think you understand

the magnet is in the kinda the middle or lower half of the trigger and the hall effect sensor aligns with it. they would have to completley change the design of the frame. they would hae to move the hall sensor up change the trigger and do some other stuff. it would cost alot to do, and there just isnt that big of demand for a single trigger frame. your actually the first person ive heard ask for one

Panzerr
12-30-2001, 12:46 PM
I really don't care. I just want a single trigger.

LaW
12-30-2001, 12:52 PM
ignorance is pure bliss

nutz
12-30-2001, 01:02 PM
they are write about the magnets, for a single trigger frame the entire frame would have to be redesigned

DYE-BaLLeR
12-30-2001, 02:36 PM
yep and theyd lose money

Rynoboy06
12-30-2001, 03:37 PM
I would go for a single-trigger emag if there was one avalible, or even a double-trigger frame with room for all three other fingers beneath the guard. It's not the end of the world, though, you might just want to hold the gun a lot when you're not playing to get used to a double-trigger. Plus, the single trigger angels are expensive, like $1400-$1600 because you have to buy one from either WDP at MSRP or from Warped or Cobra or another custom house. Might as well go for an SFL or Extreme E-Mag. Is the single trigger enough to get you to forsake the glory of the ever-functional mechanical/electrical mag for the Angel anyway?

rifleman
12-30-2001, 08:44 PM
Panzerr, let me start off by saying you are the MAN! I know exactly what your saying--What the hell's the point of d/t on a electro? I only shoot with my index finger on the first trigger on my bushy, that's all I need. Plus, single trigger'd guns just look sweet, I dunno why, I guess b/c all I see now is d/t'ered guns.

Adam

agdplayer
12-31-2001, 12:27 AM
the point is because people like them and there are people out there that use both fingers. It's all about preference.

Panzerr
12-31-2001, 06:27 AM
Exactly. I don't care if they have to redesign the trigger frame. They are the manufacturer, I'm the consumer. And If they don't put out, they won't get my business along with who knows how many others.

Butterfingers
12-31-2001, 06:37 AM
A manufacturer wont do it if they stand the potential of loosing money. Redesigning and retooling are expensive.

Panzerr
12-31-2001, 06:48 AM
Put out or get out. Sometimes you've gotta lose money to make money. First rule of business.

Thordic
12-31-2001, 07:27 AM
Panzerr, you are awful demanding for someone who is pretty much a lone voice right now. If you want a single trigger frame, go out and find enough people who would pre-order one to make sure Tom would make money.

If he's going to lose money, he isn't going to make it. He may be the manufacturer, but he does not solely exist to make YOU happy.

And its "You have to SPEND money to make money" not lose money to make money. At least get your cliches right.

Panzerr
12-31-2001, 08:11 AM
If I'm going to drop $1400 on an SFl, you're d*&# right I'm going to be demanding. I don't have a magical paintball money tree. I work hard for my money and want to get exactly what I like if I'm going to spend it. I believe everyone can relate to that.

I'm not going to find people that want to "pre-order" a single trigger. However, I will and am trying to make it known that there are people out there that would like a single trigger E-Mag. Since some of the AGD crew frequent these forums, this is the logical place to post it.

Thordic, I didn't say that AGD had to exist to simply make me happy. I find that comment very childish and wonder why you saw it necessary to drop to that level on a friendly forum. Did I fart in your house? I don't think so. Is it a sin to prefer a single over a double? I don't think so. Just as I am adamant about a single trigger, many others are adamant about the double. That's fine. So be it.

Cha0tic
12-31-2001, 08:27 AM
panzerr, there is not a high demand for a single trigger. therefore tom will not make it. it is kinda like what happened with the z-grip. tom wasn't making money on it, so he just dropped them from shelves.

i know how you might be able to be helped though. call dan at triggernomics. he can work magic with triggers and may be able to design a trigger that would be single finger, and low enough for the magnets to work with it. you might have to pay some good cash for it though. www.triggernomics.com

manike
12-31-2001, 08:48 AM
Panzerr I will make you a single trigger frame for your E-mag.

For the design time and machining I reckon a one off for you would cost about $5,000. If you find two people I'll do them for $2,500 each :)

Designing new product and getting it to manufacture is a costly and time consuming business. Priorities are set on what will actually create demand. Demand at the moment is double triggers so it's doubtful if it would make financial and business sense for AGD to do single trigger frames. Especially not at the same price that you are used to for a double trigger frame. Their product priorities are quite rightly else where at the moment.

In business supply and demand rules. If there isn't enough demand to make something profitable then you don't supply it. Or you provide a limited supply and cover your costs. That's what I would be doing for you.

Considering the time it would take me to design a single trigger frame from scratch to fit around the E-mag components (it is far more compliacted than any other frame in existance) and to get it machined I think my price is fair. If you can find more demand who are willing to pay up front then the cost will drop.

If you can find 100 people I'll get the price down to about $150...

manike

Thordic
12-31-2001, 08:54 AM
I don't care if they have to redesign the trigger frame.

I really don't care. I just want a single trigger.

You were the one who was being childish and immature. You are coming across like a 3 year old whose mom won't give him cookies. Saying "Give me what I want or I'm going somewhere else" isn't going to get you what you want, it'll just get everyone to wave you goodbye.

As for getting exactly what you like, this isn't a fantasy world. No one ever gets what they want. You think that SP would make a special effecient shocker just for YOU because you told them if they didn't make an effecient shocker you'd buy another gun? Do you expect WGP to make a cocker that takes mag barrels because you "like the twist-lock system"? Do you think WDP would make a 3-stacked tube design because you don't like the 1-2 tube design? No. These companies would laugh at you. Why do you expect AGD to be any different?

Good post, Manike :)

manike
12-31-2001, 08:57 AM
On second thoughts... having re-read your original post.

It wouldn't be that hard to make a trigger that would allow you to use a double trigger frame but still get the bottom finger behind the trigger. If that's all you want then I expect several custom houses could do it for you.

You could probably modify one your self or make your own...

In fact looking at a frame I have here I would say it wouldn't be that hard to do at all. You could recess into the frame behind the bottom finger point below the HE sensor, this would make your finger rest in a more normal position, do you have fat or thin fingers? You would have to bear the brunt of the warranty your self though as it would weaken the frame... and then you could either cut off the bottom of a standard trigger below the magnet or make a whole new trigger.

Doc Nickel or Punisher could do this easily for you if you are states side.

manike

Panzerr
12-31-2001, 09:21 AM
Chaotic-
Maybe. I've got a triggernomics on my RT and it's very nice.

Manlike-
That would be perfect. I could still have the benefits of a double trigger, but get a firm grasp on the grip frame. Maybe the trigger itself could be positioned as to allow a finger to slip behind it?

Thordic-
I'm sorry, but I'm kind of limited by the keyboard. I'm not really able to communicate facial expressions and tone of voice as I type. How about this?

[facial expression=sad]
[tone of voice=wishful]

I don't care if they have to redesign the trigger frame. I really don't care. I just want a single trigger.

;)

manike
12-31-2001, 09:29 AM
Panzerr,

I think you would need a custom trigger making (not that hard) and a small amount of machining to the grip frame (such that it would need annodising after).

The trigger would end up being more raked forward but if you could live with that then I have little doubt it is possible. Next question is if you can afford for a custom house to modify it for you.

How much would it be worth to you?

manike

manike
12-31-2001, 09:58 AM
Ok Panzerr I am going to do it to mine...

I hadn't envisaged putting my SFL frame onto the mill because there just isn't much left on it to mill out!

But since I am embarking upon the most custom E-mag Extreme EVER I might as well put my touch on the frame as well. I'll use this as an opportunity to engrave my nick on it also... :)

I personally prefer double triggers but it's nice to have 'details' like this on such a custom gun.

If it works out I expect you to drop the $1400 on an SFL!

I have no idea what it will cost or how long until I can show you what it looks like (it may be quite a while!)

But I will do it and post pics of here once it is done. At least I will machine my frame, I'm not sure about making triggers... I think it will require a custom trigger. If you have fat fingers it may not work at all...

manike

Panzerr
12-31-2001, 11:20 AM
Kewlness. Let me know how it turns out for you.

:D

manike
01-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Ok so here is how the design is going to look...

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/manik-e-mag-gripframe.jpg

I'm a little concerned that the step back for your bottom finger may weaken the frame but I'm going to do it to mine anyway and see how it holds up. The material is still 2mm thick after machining...

You can see I've also put some finger scallops at the front. There are three and from my frame I can actually hold it with three fingers below the trigger guard and have my index finger on the bottom of the trigger. Panzerr, You could do this also with a normal gun anyway and may solve your question with out any mods being required. With mine I will have both options :)

Oh and there is another subtle modification. A smiley face as the prize for the first person to spot it ;)

manike

ShinyGuy
01-03-2002, 08:47 PM
I think you guys are coming down a bit hard on Panzerr just for stating what he wanted. He's telling AGD that there is demand for a single trigger E-mag. It will be up to AGD to decide if there's enough demand to make it worth producing, but it's completely unnecessary to scream at him that its never going to happen and he shouldn't even want that. I agree that it probably isn't cost effective for AGD to make a single trigger E-mag right now but at least Tom knows that someone is interested and he can consider the possibility of a single trigger version if the grip-frame gets redesigned for any other reason.

For the record I too hate double triggers on electros but I can't afford a new E-mag anyway.

BradPalooza
01-03-2002, 09:00 PM
Panzerr, are you stirring things up in here? : )
How you doing man?
Jesse keeps saying he'd get an SFL if it had a single trigger too, that and I think he'd need to give a heck of a lot more plasma to afford it! : )
-Brad

Ov3rmind
01-04-2002, 12:02 AM
Well, I got bored today, so I made this on Photoshop. It's just to experiment with what it would look like in general. I know that's not really what it would look like, due to technical quirks, but I thought it was kinda interesting:

JanStah
01-04-2002, 08:34 AM
Hi Simon.

I have 2 possible ideas for your extra 'subtle modification'...

Please bear in mind that I've never actually examined an Emag frame and I know sod all about it really.

Is it..

1. The horisontal threaded part at the very front? Maybe itd allow you to fit some extra new gadgetry that I havnt thought of. Just seemed odd to me.

[Edit: Scratch that idea. I just looked at the picture above and saw that the battery screw sits in there... DOH!]

or is it...

2. A little groove at the bottom of the grip for warp feed/intellifeed cables...?
This option makes most sense to me; I always thought the little cable dangling from the bottom of the grip was a bit messy.

Anyway, Cya soon.

Jan.

dorksquad
01-04-2002, 09:49 AM
easy
a cut half of the double trigger off and dremmel, bend , mulate to desired shape,
b call triggernomics and ask them to do it for you , that is what they do
www.triggernomics.com

Webmaster
01-04-2002, 10:14 AM
Thats funny - because Brad the AGD tech wanted a single trigger frame too. When he told Tom, Tom was worried he made a mistake. But Brad assured him he was a minority and that most people want the double trigger frame.

Panzer - understand your concern - but I dont see it being done by AGD anytime soon. You arent the only one wanting them - but you are a small minority. When the emag gets more pletiful like the angel, then we will see an AGD single grip or Dye or someone making one. Or as Manike said - a good custom house could do it.

Actually - www.paintballmaxx.com - call them up and talk to Brad - he may be able to help you.

veteranmag
01-04-2002, 01:19 PM
For the record, Panzzer is not the alone. I wish the E-mag had a single trigger option as well, or configured in a way to shoot with only one finger while holding the grip with all other fingers, such as in the case of the Bushmaster 2000.

With an electronic trigger, I personally don't see the need for a double trigger. More importantly, with current design of the trigger, I find that my ring figger which is directly under the bottom of the trigger guard bears much of the weight of the E-mag, tank and full hopper. The width of the trigger frame doesn't help matters.

BartManSr
01-05-2002, 09:30 AM
I'm strongly thinking about buying an extreme, but would like one with a single finger trigger.

rifleman
01-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Single triggers are coming back...yay!

manike
01-07-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by veteranmag
or configured in a way to shoot with only one finger while holding the grip with all other fingers, such as in the case of the Bushmaster 2000

This is what I have done for prototype frame that you can see in the Hot Off the Mill threads and which I have posted below, this comes from the drawing I posted at the start of this thread. You can use it as a single trigger frame in two main ways. With two fingers in the guard and one behind the trigger, or with just one finger in the guard on the bottom of the double trigger (you could make the pull as short as a normal single) and three fingers on the grip below the guard. It is comfortable both ways.

manike

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/custom1.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/newstyle1.jpg

Panzerr
01-07-2002, 09:46 AM
Nice. That's exactly how I use my RT. The bency allows for a finger behind the trigger just like that. Best of both worlds.

manike
01-07-2002, 10:21 AM
Panzerr I am glad you like it. I designed it for you after your comments!

Now you just have to buy one :D

manike

Panzerr
01-07-2002, 11:06 AM
I really don't know what to say, but thanks. I think it's a great design that will fit everyone's needs. I'll be purchasing one for sure, just get them into production!

TITAN
01-07-2002, 11:56 AM
will there still be the old style frames w/o the finger grooves or the recess under the sensor, because not to be mean or anything but i think it is very ugly and i like the feel of the old double trigger frame and i really dont want to buy an xtreme emag with that frame

manike
01-07-2002, 12:02 PM
Titan, if you read the 'hot off the mill' threads you will see that all of this will be options. You can get whatever you want :)

manike

TITAN
01-07-2002, 03:26 PM
o ok thanks

Manuel_FZR
01-07-2002, 04:23 PM
Now I must also say something: I really love single triggers! ;)
But I also like the double of the EMag ... but I would like more a single. On the other hand, the double looks better!