PDA

View Full Version : macro vs. steel

FARMER00
11-25-2006, 01:22 PM
what is better? for co2? i dont really see any difference between the 2 other then that marck seems easier to take apart when ur cleaning your gun and stuff

phizz
11-25-2006, 01:40 PM
both are easy to take apart with the quick connect on the steel. Steel also lasts longer. I have had many macro fittings fail and I have had to buy new ones, but never have I had a braided line fitting fail.

chill will
11-25-2006, 07:08 PM
If you plan on using CO2 i would go with the braided line. When the temp of CO2 starts to spike you will find that macro will not hold to the build up of preasure. Also, your climate will play a major role in how quick it will fail.

If you use HPA, then macro will work just fine. :cheers:

wolverine85929
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
got to go with steel on this one. I have only replaced one steel line on one of my mags, but that line was 9yrs old when it gave up and leaked.

jenarelJAM
11-27-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't think anyone will disagree that stainless hose is stronger(and therefore safer). The reason people use macro is for the convenience, the visual appeal, and because they don't have to shrinkwrap it(or let it scratch their marker).

If you're not into it for aesthetics, stainless(properly set up) will not be any harder to deal with than macro, though it will cost more to set up like that. It's the difference between $5 and $15.(or so)

Pneumagger
11-27-2006, 10:56 PM
I see you asked the audience... you should of phoned a friend... this was an easy one.

A) Final Answer

shorty24
11-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I've had macro fittings fail, my face mauled by a macroline under HP blowing out of a fitting, and they tended to freeze up and leak at the fittings when I ran CO2 through them. Steel braided by far. (The only reason I still often use macro is because it's cheap, abundant, doesn't need rubber heat shrink tubing to keep it from scratching anno, and it's easy to change/remove).

Triangle
11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Unless you're Specialblend, I've had nothing but success with macro.

Of course, so long as I'm inputting reasonable pressure.

gc82000
11-28-2006, 03:06 AM
high pressure and CO2 = Steel
Low pressure = Macroline

Also I know there aremacrolines that can take high pressure, but CO2 I would never use a m-line.

PumpMag
11-28-2006, 03:11 AM
It's a bit heavier but steel won't burst during hot weather with CO2 expansion. :nono:
But is sure was funny when all my buddies jumped when my Macrolines blew!!! :rofl:

Don't worry.... no one was hurt, just fully woke them up that day!

MoeMag
11-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Steel:
Lasts for a long time
Looks cool
Has insane pressure rating
Expensive
A PITA to install or work with
Scratches anything it touches unless it is wrapped which kills the above mentioned looks cool.

Macro:
Various grades avalible (get 3k rated hose for good preformance)
Cheap to replace
Simple to work on
Cheap stuff ruptures violently
Looks clean.
colors avalible.

going_home
11-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Get the black macroline, its rated to the highest pressure.
It will work with CO2 no problem, and it wont scratch your marker up like the steel junk will.
:tard:

And I use 1000 psi input on all my mags and have never had a blowout with the black.
Airsoldier.com has a 50 foot roll for $35.00 shipped.

don miguel
11-28-2006, 08:43 PM
it never breaks, and it's rugged. dosen't come in agg macroline colors but it's strong.

2BAD4U
12-06-2006, 03:42 AM
If you plan on using CO2 i would go with the braided line. When the temp of CO2 starts to spike you will find that macro will not hold to the build up of preasure. Also, your climate will play a major role in how quick it will fail.

If you use HPA, then macro will work just fine. :cheers:
And the macro comes in cool colors 2-match your marker ! ;)

__Phoenix__
12-06-2006, 09:26 AM
They make all sorts of macroline that can handle well above 800 psi. Even the 1000psi co2 may hit in the hot summer.
Macrolines are lighter.
They are more versatile.
They are cheaper.
But they do not flow better :nono:

www.themacrolineguy.com has some real strong stuff.

StygShore
12-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Definitely stainless line.

I pretty well despise Macro at this point, especially on CO2 - seems that if pressure builds up, and it compresses the line REALLY hard, then the next time you play, weather is nice, pressure not as high in the tank, it will develop a leak, because the hose has been so compressed.

I also have had about 12 macro fillings fail, and only 1 stainless, and that's because I screwed the line in too far and actually cracked the back of the fitting.

The fact that UI have a 14" macro line fail while my gun was sitting in my lap does not help my love for Macro anymore either.

Styg