PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on barrel and harness

Soopa Villain17
11-26-2006, 06:07 PM
i need a new barrel for my old m98 , i was looking at a 16 inch nightstick and thought it would be good for 30 bucks, its gunna be for woodsball and i dont want a kit. whats your opinion for a barrel.

also i need a decent harness , doesnt have to hold alot but needs to fit me, im pretty big and most harness ive tried dont fit me.

thanks for your opinions

Soopa Villain17
11-26-2006, 06:17 PM
also want to know what you guys with m98's have done for mods so i can make it just a little better thanks

buzzboy
11-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Harness wise I use a Dye Attack 4 pod pack. It fits my 31 inch waist loosly as tight as it can be attached to me. So far it seems to be the most sturty and compfy pack I have used. For a barrel a lapco bigshot or JJ ceramic. Both perform great and cost less than 40.

Only mod I think for the tippman is to just polish the internals for smooth cycling or remove the trigger spring. The sear actually pushes it back into position so the extra weight of the spring is unnessesary.

$tevo
11-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Redz makes good packs, im a 36 waist and my pack still has ALOT of room for play. as for barrels, JJ ceramics are good and cheap, Dye makes good barrels but are more expensive. But really, if you are goign to keep the M98 for a while, you should buy a used kit, biggest bang for the buck.

don miguel
11-27-2006, 07:52 AM
http://www.homebrewshop.com/images/barell.jpg
BARELLS?
http://www.urbanhart.com/images/harnesses.jpg
AND HARNESSES?

naaah just kidding.
I would reccomend this:
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/prodimages/3200067a.jpg
GLOBAL FORCE WARHAWK VEST! only 37$ at specialopspaintball.com!

i have this vest and I love it, it's got 4 100 rd pod holders and a pistol pouch, with molle on the back. It's a great deal!

also I would reccomend any barell kit, that's the only way to go. Having different bore sizes with different paint makes life alot better. You will get more accurate shots that way. good luck.

VFX_Fenix
11-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Viva la CMI ThunderPig!

Honestly, they're a good buy and a decent barrel.
About the only other barrel I could recommend is a CP One-Piece Classic (hey, I like 'em).

For a harness, Redz is probably the way to go. I have a dimension belt that's sooooooooo big I can barely even wear it (and that's saying something at a 42 waist).

And finally, for M98 mods... I got nothin'. Removing the flash inside the body (polish) and messing around with spring combinations would be about all I'd end up doing to a reliable 98.

flashgordon
11-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey Soopa,

The easiest thing you can do with your 98 is trigger mods, fiddle with pen springs and Maddman springs to get the trigger pull you want..

Expansion chamber is a great upgrade and you'll notice the difference, especially if you are playing w/o a remote line.

Beyond that you are getting into more expensive, though not overly difficult upgrades like low pressure and e-grips

EDIT:
I wanted to through in my vote for the Lapco Bigshot, worked well for me on my 98

and for a harness, i'd put in the money to get a nice ball hauler that sits on the lower back, comfort is king, Redz are my favorite. I prefer the vertical ones so you can pull it out without sticking your arm out from behind that bunker etc..

Soopa Villain17
11-29-2006, 06:01 PM
thanks, i have been looking into a few different barrels , like the empire twister, 32 degrees nightstick. and a few others

ahellers
11-29-2006, 08:54 PM
you can find alot of 98 mods here.
tippmann owners (www.tippmannowners.com)
t