PDA

View Full Version : opinion wanted...

txaggie08
11-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Im finaly going to step off and get some form of e-mag this christmas......

Im either going to try to turn up a karta or dallara body, OR i want to rustle up a xmag

if you had to pick, wich would you choose?

olinar
11-27-2006, 02:57 AM
well if you have the money id go for an xmag.theres a couple for sale right now i think.its got a kart/dak=llara type body to it and is the second most high end maga(after the slf beause they are rarer.)

Chaos_Theory!
11-27-2006, 03:27 AM
Get an emag with an xvalve and CNC housing then buy a karta/dallara/chord.

gus13
11-27-2006, 03:53 AM
saw a red Karta body/rail one ebay for like $450.

don miguel
11-27-2006, 07:35 AM
I would go for the xmag if you have the money. Tunaman said once that the eyes aren't needed, and you could just use the lvl 10. The xmag looks great, it's got a removable breech like an wdp angel, and all the stock parts are nice.

Phantom_Mag
11-27-2006, 01:02 PM
I would go for the xmag if you have the money. Tunaman said once that the eyes aren't needed, and you could just use the lvl 10. The xmag looks great, it's got a removable breech like an wdp angel, and all the stock parts are nice.
You make me laugh, I dont mean to pick on you, but seriously....seriously..please get some more info before you post. Oh, and we all know that we dont have to have Tuna's okay to do things, so please stop using him as a canon. (Not Cannon)

I would also snag up an xmag for a few various reasons.

1. Intergrated rail, I just like the looks of that.
2. Ace, its a novelty more so then getting any use out of it.
3. Removable breech w/ warp breech, (VERY UNLIKE WDP ANGEL). If you choose to switch from virtical to warp you do not have to buy a whole new body, and it will still be an xmag. They dont make warp kartas.

Also, if you do infact want the rail to be flush with the battery pack and body, a dallara will not work.

txaggie08
11-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I know what they look like, im more interested in personal preference. Ive been playing with mags since about '96ish(maybe a little sooner), this is going to be the first time ive stepped off and bought an emag however :). For me its not about money or functionality, it an sthetic choice :)

Thanks for the opinions. Im leqaning towards the xmag just for the sheer uniqueness of it.

My other thought was a doc nickels fastback body(if he makes more or i can find one) based cocker.

RRfireblade
11-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Opinion :

Stock ULE Emag , best bang for the buck , most potential IMO and lighter than all other options.

One of my favs . . .

http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/FBCEmag/Pnk_Pur_Blk-009.jpg

Skoad
11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
nooiiiceee :headbang:

txaggie08
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Opinion :

Stock ULE Emag , best bang for the buck , most potential IMO and lighter than all other options.

One of my favs . . .

http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/FBCEmag/Pnk_Pur_Blk-009.jpg

I think i just hit myself in the cajones with my jaw.......

by WHO, and WHERE can i get something like that done?

FiXeL
11-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Some of the dealers here on AO can fix you up. Not sure if Tunaman does any custom milling, but i believe Luke does.

Going for either a Emag or an Xmag is kinda a personal choice, and i went with xmag altho it is heavier than a emag. As said, you don't really need the ace and i have it turned off because for some reason when using a WL feedneck, the sensor does not pick the ball up. (i know, tune the sensitivity) Either way, i dont have any use for it because of lvl10. As for milling, this was one of the reasons i went with xmag. I like it very much, and they are a bit easier to get than a carta emag. (altho that is also very nice)

Is there any difference in performance between guns? I don't think so. The internals are pracically the same.

Lenny
11-27-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't know who did the milling for the anno, but... Luke is very good with combining Automags and machines. As for anno, Gruntbull does fantastic work (contact him on MCB).

olinar
11-27-2006, 07:48 PM
if rrfireblade posted the pick im sure he did the milling on it.which is really sweet.whats that thing weigh?

nevtangle
11-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Im finaly going to step off and get some form of e-mag this christmas......

Im either going to try to turn up a karta or dallara body, OR i want to rustle up a xmag

if you had to pick, wich would you choose?
Don't forget that the Dallara rails are not RTp style rails. So if you want the body and rail to match the Dallara is not going to be a choice.
Just wanted to make sure you were aware of that... :cheers:

A-Tach-One
11-27-2006, 07:53 PM

RRfireblade milled that himself, contact him. :cheers:

For me its not about money or functionality, it an sthetic choice :)

Since you state this, I would go with an XMag personally.:D But that's just me. All the choices are great. :cheers:

mag_lover05
11-27-2006, 08:04 PM
a stock ULE emag, like what RRfireblade mentioned earlier is the best bang for the buck

txaggie08
11-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah A-tach-one, i know all about you and the xmags ;). Care to donate one of the multitude to a poot college student(i know...snowball hell etc ....).

I didnt realise RR was still doing alot of custom work, ive been out of the loop along time.

If i can find a standard emag, ill probably go with that. "its not about money" meant i was willuign to save until i could fork out for one if i had to, beleive me the xmag is going to hurt alot more....

anyone have a set of lowers they want to turn loose of?

If i get anno done, it was already going to be threw gruntbull, ive been sending people to his sight for a while now :)

Is there any difference in performance between guns? I don't think so. The internals are pracically the same.

Same lowers, minus the ACE I think. Ill probably try to get destructive and go to a morlock board for the addition of eyes if necessary. In honesty......with a halo and a lvlX i just dont see me shooting enough paint to necesitate it. I dont play tournies(at least not since i was still using the old classic ;)), and i dont like to just hose paint in rec play. Throw back to the time when the cheap junk was 50$ a case or more(first time i think a case was 80$or so).

Honeslty....this is just me getting a toy i wanted as a kid. By the time the emag came around, i couldnt afford to paly anymore, much less get the gun. Ive been eyeballing one ever since...

RRfireblade
11-27-2006, 09:14 PM

Yup as stated , me. :) The Fireblade logo on the grips shoulda given it away . . . guess I'll have to rethink that one. :(

And yeah , it's pretty dang light for an Emag. I've got some pretty ULE'd Xmags and this one still feels noticably lighter . . . almost like it had a normal size battery in it. :spit_take

Oh , and yes again . . . there's no performance difference at all , they both use the same grip frame and internals sans the ACE which kinda blows in most cases for most people. :)

txaggie08
11-27-2006, 09:37 PM
DOnt worry RR, its just me. The last time i was hardcore into pb....well meassage boards like this werent around very long :). Ive been floating around here for a while, but not in a year at any rate.

Could i trouble you with a guess on what some milling to that extent would run? Dont need anything specific, just a ball park number...

txaggie08
11-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Question!

Can the xmod ACE eye be modified to work with a ule body(or the body modified rather) :shooting: :shooting: