PDA

View Full Version : Trigger bounce and ULT

sledgebone
11-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Im looking to get an x-valve or emag valve for my micromag. I have an adjustable tank, so im set for the bounce on a normal on off. My question is will the ult still allow me to get the RT effect? Im really not concerned about the pull weight, Im just curious if it has an effect on the RT.

SR_matt
11-27-2006, 04:05 PM
yes it will,

you can also get bounce with a set tank by adding shims, only problem is that you may get duoble shots and it will wear stuff out "faster" (my oppinion is that it seems faster because you are shooting more but meh i could be wrong).

you might have to play with shimming a little to get the bounce efect you want but you will still need the high psi to do it "corecctly"

-matt

athomas
11-29-2006, 03:27 PM
The ULT doesn't allow you to achieve the same level of bounce that the standard retro on-off pin has, but it is possible.

SR_matt
11-29-2006, 03:36 PM
^^ really? my friends mag has a ult in it and he can get it to bounce pretty fast... well it was but now theres a carrier issue so until he gets that fixed he has to just pimp slap it to shoot (im not even joking, yaya i know its casue the bolt is sticking and blah blah blah but its still jsut kind of funny how he did it)

-matt

athomas
11-29-2006, 06:06 PM
A ULT that has so many shims that it bounces can have bolt stick issues if the pin clears the top oring before the sear is fully engaged.

SR_matt
11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
naw, i know that his gun has a carrier problem, i can feel the bolt sticking when i have the valve out and move the bolt in and out. also the gun just started acting out after about 1000 shots after he got it used (we even removed a shim from the ult)
-matt

athomas
11-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, most bolt stick issues are carrier related rather than ULT related.