PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on HPA/N2 upgrade

Blennidae
12-30-2001, 03:19 PM
I'm thinking of making the change to HPA/N2. I'm an old rec player. I currently have a MiniMag (pre-valve stars) with an old taso expansion chamber in the vertical ASA and bottomline setup. This works for me, but maybe its time to move up into the more consistant world of HPA.

What are your opinions on preset screw in vs. adjustable tanks. Would my expansion chamber handle the HPA pressure, or would I need to get a gas thru grip?

I am more leaning towards a 68/3000 flatline. I figure I may go retro one day and it would be nice to be able make adjustments. The only issue with that is having to take the flatline off after use. What kind of hose attachments come with the flatlines?

Any opinions would be welcome. Remember I'm just a rec player, I don't need the biggest/baddest/fastest thing out there. I'm looking for simple, reliable and easy to work with.

Thanks

gizmolax13
12-30-2001, 03:24 PM
well u could always get a preset and then get a thor reg to go adj.
and about takin it off after games they sell adaptors that go on the bottom of ur grip so after a game u just pull the pin on the adaptor and the tank comes off easy
as for ur ex-chamber...that's fine there will be no problmes using it w/ n2...gettin a gas thru would probly make ur gun lighter though

matrx3
12-30-2001, 08:36 PM
that is not true in all cases gizmolax13. i swithched to nitro and had an expansion chamber and it was very hard to unscrew the tank. i would suggest getting a gas thru and macro liine