PDA

View Full Version : Playing blind sucks!!!

paintballfiend
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, for the last month I have been pretty much useless on the field after a couple of games. I sweat so much that my lenses fog up horribly and water dropplets actually form on them. What do you guys suggest I do to fix this problem? Also, what goggles breath the best?

teufelhunden
11-29-2006, 07:58 PM
First, learn to search.

Second, buy a mask not normally found at Wal-Mart, Sports Authority, or Dick's.

paintballfiend
11-29-2006, 08:08 PM
First, learn to search.

Second, buy a mask not normally found at Wal-Mart, Sports Authority, or Dick's.

First, thanks, I will go ahead a use it.

Second,I have a Proto Swich F.S so... yeah. :rolleyes:

slateman
11-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Third, wear a hat or a sweat band or something.

paintballfiend
11-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Third, wear a hat or a sweat band or something.

Oh, cool, thanks. Does it get in the way with the foam and everything?

spike_ball999
11-29-2006, 08:13 PM
I've heard shaving cream works fairly well.

A small dab on a clean cloth and rub/wipe on but make sure not to just put it on then take it off. Leave some there.
I haven't tried it on my mask, but I've tested it on my mirror before a shower an it does keep it from fogging.

jenarelJAM
11-29-2006, 08:14 PM
I wear a sweatband, change it at lunch if I need to. They're only about... $1 each...
It helps with sweat and little water droplets, but not with fog.

I don't really think this is the problem, but you could possibly be breathing wrong. You might try concentrating on where you're "shooting" the air when you exhale, and try to get it to go down instead of up.

Other than that, your mask may just not be such a great mask for you. Sorry.

FARMER00
11-29-2006, 08:16 PM
I've heard shaving cream works fairly well.

A small dab on a clean cloth and rub/wipe on but make sure not to just put it on then take it off. Leave some there.
I haven't tried it on my mask, but I've tested it on my mirror before a shower an it does keep it from fogging.

i do the same thing with plain dish soap. works good but can become a pain in the ***

paintballfiend
11-29-2006, 08:17 PM
I wear a sweatband, change it at lunch if I need to. They're only about... $1 each...
It helps with sweat and little water droplets, but not with fog.

I don't really think this is the problem, but you could possibly be breathing wrong. You might try concentrating on where you're "shooting" the air when you exhale, and try to get it to go down instead of up.

Other than that, your mask may just not be such a great mask for you. Sorry.

Yeah, I think it is time to put them to rest. I heard proflex and profile breath better than Dye/Proto and E-Vents. Is this true or b.s. ?

Cow hunter
11-29-2006, 08:36 PM
my events breathe well enough, could be better, but they have a tendancy to fog horribly with the tinted lens, i have no idea why...

MANN
11-29-2006, 08:40 PM
they fog becaues they are thermal lens. vents have a horrible thermal lens. Remove that thing, and you will be fine.

Wear contacts. Glasses will always fog. I have wore glasses sense the 3rd grade. I have yet to find something to stop them from fogging. I also play hockey, and have had the same problem. Pert plus sorta works (untill sweat gets on them) shaving cream does not work, antifog sucks.

Contacts are not that expensive just pick a pair or 3 up for paintball.

temps
11-29-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't normally have fogging problems what one time early in the season it was raining and everyone was fogging up bad.. Put on some anti-fog that is made for hunting and it worked really well against the fog as long as you didn't touch it after you applied it. As soon as I wiped some rain drops off the lens it fogged exactly where i wiped.. :(

bentothejam1n
11-29-2006, 09:51 PM
i thought you were talking about rudz......

rkjunior303
11-29-2006, 10:22 PM
wear a headwrap and breathe through your nose.

fullofpaint
11-29-2006, 10:26 PM
they fog becaues they are thermal lens. vents have a horrible thermal lens. Remove that thing, and you will be fine.

Really? my experience is exaclty the opposite, everyone I know with vents has had their single pane lenses fog up horribly, and their thermals are amazing.

Lenny
11-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I think it is time to put them to rest. I heard proflex and profile breath better than Dye/Proto and E-Vents. Is this true or b.s. ?
I've never used a Proto or E-Vents, but I do use a V-Force Morph. The mouth area sits so far away from your face that breathing is easy and it's only ever fogged on me in the rain (comming in through the top). If you're looking for a new mask, I recommend this.

As for anti-fog stuff, doesn't Stupid Dog (or something like that) sell anti-fog over in the dealers section? Everyone there says it's great Look into that.

sixtoes1313
11-29-2006, 10:57 PM
I have an Events (the cheaper $35 harder plastic one with the same lense as the 80$ one) and have yet to have it fog up on me once. Ive played with it atleast 15 days of playing. Even in rain it didnt fog. The dual pane, thermal lenses with antifog coating are a miracle. Just make sure you only clean them with cold water and a soft towel or you run the chance of scraping off the layer. Good luck to ya. :cheers:

robnix
11-29-2006, 11:02 PM
I've never used a Proto or E-Vents, but I do use a V-Force Morph. The mouth area sits so far away from your face that breathing is easy and it's only ever fogged on me in the rain (comming in through the top). If you're looking for a new mask, I recommend this.

As for anti-fog stuff, doesn't Stupid Dog (or something like that) sell anti-fog over in the dealers section? Everyone there says it's great Look into that.

I got a Morph after a year of my Invision mask fogging up about half way through the day. The Morph breathes much better, I haven't had any problems since.

Lenny
11-29-2006, 11:20 PM
I got a Morph after a year of my Invision mask fogging up about half way through the day. The Morph breathes much better, I haven't had any problems since.
See? They're grrrrrrrrreat! (insert Tony the Tiger voice)

RoLLonBombs
11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
hey i have a proto switch fs , and it came with defective lens so i called dye andd even though it took a while ( i even wrote a post and griped about it) they did send me a new lens, after sending mine back for a reveiw of course maybe this is the problem with yours?

PumpMag
11-30-2006, 03:41 AM
I have used JT ProFlex with Thermal lens for the past year. No fogging. Used for both Pump and Semi Tournaments. :headbang:

Swampy
11-30-2006, 05:05 AM
PMI's Anti Fog - I have glasses a quick spray over both sides and the lenses on my JT's not a problem for the rest of the day. Other uses stops dew from forming on mirrors of my truck also the snow build up from plowing (Drive a Kodak for the City of Delifield), the glass on my hunting rifle.

Raven001
11-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Well, for the last month I have been pretty much useless on the field after a couple of games. I sweat so much that my lenses fog up horribly and water dropplets actually form on them. What do you guys suggest I do to fix this problem? Also, what goggles breath the best?

I'm not trying to be clever or rude but if you’re breathing so hard that not only does your lens fog up but also water droplets form, you just might be out of shape. Suggest you try running to get your lungs fit. You'll huff and puff less and that reduces the amount of moisture that you’re throwing at the colder lens surface.

Or you could get a fan if one is available for your particular mask.....

peewee
11-30-2006, 08:04 AM
I only use JT thermals. Never ever fog up on me. Been at it 14+ years. Flex7 , spectra & flex 8.

athomas
11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
I have a Vforce Profiler and a Morph, both of which never fog. Heavy rain can cause water to drip inside from the top but that is a whole other matter. The absolute best goggles i ever had for fog or rain, were the old Vents Predator goggles. They never fogged or had rain affect them.

Pneumagger
11-30-2006, 08:53 AM
I've used the same JT whippersnapper goggles for years. They had a single lens that would often fog up if I got real sweaty. I threw a JT Thermal lens on it a month ago and haven't fogged since. Now I can play 2 - 3 games in a row, and not have to worry about heading back to the staging area to wipe them off.

I don't know about you guys, but my dicks sporting goods sells Autocockers, Marbalizers, Allstar, JT flex 7's, Proto masks, HPA tanks, etc...

Armory
11-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Sweat bands and anti-persprint on your forehead... It works...

StygShore
11-30-2006, 10:00 AM
short of a remedy - if you are looking to drop the money on a new set of goggles - Look into the new Grill goggles from V-force or pro-caps, whatever they are going by now.

They have removable foam, so maybe you could buy 2-3 sets of foam and change them out when they get too soaked, then you have dry foam, and less moisture getting in all the time.

Styg

Pneumagger
11-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Go get a 3 month membership at a local gym for the winter. Jog every day there and do tons of cardio and lower body light weight high rep. Stare at yourself everyday in the mirror convincing yourself you are fat and worthless and will never be accepted as who you are until you look like the celebrities.

This should do a few things for you...
1) Lower your heart rate helping you sweat less on the paintball field.
2) Make you lighter and quicker on the field because you'll have no more fat (or any self esteem) left to weigh you down.

MANN
11-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Really? my experience is exaclty the opposite, everyone I know with vents has had their single pane lenses fog up horribly, and their thermals are amazing.

I have 3 pairs. 2 of the thermals fog up. I took them apart and saw that there was a leak in the seal. I have not worn the 3rd pair yet. but the first 2 sucked. After removing the thermal lens it worked like a champ.

SCpoloRicker
11-30-2006, 12:19 PM
i thought you were talking about rudz......

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5118/owlcantsee4ou.jpg

paintballfiend
11-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Go get a 3 month membership at a local gym for the winter. Jog every day there and do tons of cardio and lower body light weight high rep. Stare at yourself everyday in the mirror convincing yourself you are fat and worthless and will never be accepted as who you are until you look like the celebrities.

This should do a few things for you...
1) Lower your heart rate helping you sweat less on the paintball field.
2) Make you lighter and quicker on the field because you'll have no more fat (or any self esteem) left to weigh you down.

But there are a lot of celebrities who are fat. :p

Yeah, I think it is time to hit the gym. I want to come back from winter break looking sexy for all the ladies. :cool: Ha, last time I went paintballing I went to take a knee and got a cramp. :( Maybe I should move less on the field, that will solve everything. :D

3DSteve
11-30-2006, 12:52 PM
1. If you're wearing a visor, take it off. It restricts the airflow out to the top vents.
2. Get a fan dye/proto, jt, and extreme rage have them
3. wear a sweatband
4. Put Cat Crap on your lenses...It works really well. (it's an antifog gel)

sbpyro
11-30-2006, 01:59 PM
I found that alot of times I had issues with fogging was in between play in the staging area. Keeping the mask on your head traps a lot of moisture in the mask.

fullofpaint
11-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I have 3 pairs. 2 of the thermals fog up. I took them apart and saw that there was a leak in the seal. I have not worn the 3rd pair yet. but the first 2 sucked. After removing the thermal lens it worked like a champ.
Did you call Vents or Empire bout it? mine had a problem with the foam and they fixed mine right away, there customer service least for me was excellent

don miguel
11-30-2006, 07:20 PM
solution:
http://www.paintballarmsdealer.com/images/american/vforce/profilerb_sm.jpg
the switch is a double layer lens (two lenses separated w/ a liner of foam on the border of the lens). my friend mike has sitch fs's and the inner lens cracked from being crushed in his gear bag. now it foggs in a 2 inch diradius all around the crack. i think it has to do with the lens, but any lens will eventually fog up. i reccomend single layer lense like a profiler cuz it's easy to clean, and dosen't fog alot. :cheers:

Triangle
11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
solution:
http://www.paintballarmsdealer.com/images/american/vforce/profilerb_sm.jpg
the switch is a double layer lens (two lenses separated w/ a liner of foam on the border of the lens). my friend mike has sitch fs's and the inner lens cracked from being crushed in his gear bag. now it foggs in a 2 inch diradius all around the crack. i think it has to do with the lens, but any lens will eventually fog up. i reccomend single layer lense like a profiler cuz it's easy to clean, and dosen't fog alot. :cheers:
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/80/Copypasta.jpg