PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch Engage?

don miguel
11-30-2006, 07:50 PM
hey is the new album any good? wonder if i should get it.
KSE is awesome!!!
http://www.xpressmag.com.au/archives/killswitch-engage.jpg
(as daylight dies)

SCpoloRicker
11-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Eh, Killswitch is training wheels. But then, you're young, so at least you're headed in the right direction.

Haven't heard their new album, but I have several older ones.

Triangle
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Eh, Killswitch is training wheels. But then, you're young, so at least you're headed in the right direction.

Agreed.
Then Again, this isn't 'Nam Ricker. It's AO.
There are rules.

And for Final Jeopardy, can anyone tell me what genre uses the following style of vocals?

" WEET WEET BREET GIGGITY WEET BREET GIGGITY BREET "

sk8dood
11-30-2006, 11:20 PM
The new album is good. The lyrics are a little emo, but I like it better than The End of Heartache. Check it out, its worth the money.

PBCapo
11-30-2006, 11:26 PM
it's amazing.

teufelhunden
12-01-2006, 01:35 AM

Enlighten us, oh Ricker, as to what comes when we take off the training wheels!

SpecialBlend2786
12-01-2006, 02:39 AM
I like it.

trevorjk
12-01-2006, 02:57 AM

although there is nothing wrong with killswitch engage, there is far more stuff out there. Killswitch engages name has been kind of tarnished amongst some metal fans since they have become sort of big time. still nothing wrong with them if you ask me. as far as other metal it depends on wich road you want to go down... i highly suggest swedish melodic death metal. but thats just me, although i have no favorites in the genre i just like listening to it alot.

here are a few of swedish's best (or so random links tell me this)

*linked to myspace so you dont have to download anything*

In Flames
http://www.myspace.com/inflames

Amon Amarth
http://www.myspace.com/amonamarth

Everygrey
http://www.myspace.com/officialevergrey

Soilwork
http://www.myspace.com/soilwork

Meshuggah
http://www.myspace.com/meshuggah

At The Gates
http://www.myspace.com/atthegatess - wich split up and now half of the band is cradle of filth

CandleMass
http://www.myspace.com/candlemassdoom

Pacifist_Farmer
12-01-2006, 07:29 AM
I have always liked KSE, and I never understood that whole "sold out" thing. It's kinda like all of us AOers not respecting any of the AGG kiddies, cause we think they are tools. Which they are of course, but I digress.

I'm just glad to see they made another album, and haven't dropped off the face of the earth.

SCpoloRicker
12-01-2006, 01:28 PM

That's classified, ma'am. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

/alternate: You've got clearance. You can read about it.
//jonesin for some TG action

evildead420
12-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I saw KE w/ In Flames in Denver CO, it was a KE vs In Flames, just like how punk bands do when they do a v.s. show :tard: . well, anyway, Inflames played before KE, the place was packed, after I.F. played, half the crowd left when Killswitch was suppose to play. obviously, In Flames won that night, great show over all.

oh yea,,

Meshuggah owns all :cheers: :dance: :hail:

Triangle
12-01-2006, 03:41 PM
At The Gates
http://www.myspace.com/atthegatess - wich split up and now half of the band is cradle of filth

Adrian went to Cradle of Filth, and I'm not even sure he still drums for them.

The Bjorler Brothers went to The Haunted.

Triangle
12-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I saw KE w/ In Flames in Denver CO, it was a KE vs In Flames, just like how punk bands do when they do a v.s. show :tard: . well, anyway, Inflames played before KE, the place was packed, after I.F. played, half the crowd left when Killswitch was suppose to play. obviously, In Flames won that night, great show over all.

oh yea,,

Meshuggah owns all :cheers: :dance: :hail:

When They played here a few years ago in San Diego, it was the exact opposite.

Killswitch had little to no crowd, and the place was PACKED when In Flames played.

Also: Depending on What don Miguel is into, though I doubt it...
I would reccomend Bands like Putrid Pile, Or Job for a Cowboy.
Get some Grindcore, Goregrind, Or Gorecore into him.

trevorjk
12-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Adrian went to Cradle of Filth, and I'm not even sure he still drums for them.

The Bjorler Brothers went to The Haunted.

well to be correct, the drummer went to CoF

Triangle
12-01-2006, 04:23 PM
well to be correct, the drummer went to CoF
...that's what I just said.

don miguel
12-01-2006, 04:54 PM
i loike the song my curse. im a dragonforce fan also. inhuman rampage owns!

Triangle
12-01-2006, 05:46 PM
i loike the song my curse. im a dragonforce fan also. inhuman rampage owns!

And you know what?
They speed up their music.

Try seeing them live.
They fail so much at life it makes me not made of win.

They're TERRIBLE.

SpecialBlend2786
12-01-2006, 07:30 PM
And you know what?

Try seeing them live.

They're TERRIBLE.

wait, seriously?

man that sucks :(

don miguel
12-02-2006, 08:04 AM
And you know what?

Try seeing them live.

They're TERRIBLE.
ive seen them live and they are better than in the album. i dont trust a guy who has a whack shiocker and draws pictures of spongebob naked w/ really big "features". :nono:

Pneumagger
12-02-2006, 11:51 AM
ive seen them live and they are better than in the album. i dont trust a guy who has a whack shiocker and draws pictures of spongebob naked w/ really big "features". :nono:

/gets popcorn
//pages Triangle
///I'm sure hesa chargin hes laser

SpecialBlend2786
12-02-2006, 11:02 PM

I'd trust him more than a burrito.

billybob_81067
12-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I'd trust him more than a burrito.

But less than a taco...
/more than the taco-bell dog though! :ninja:

Triangle
12-03-2006, 03:39 AM

You know what?
You're a liar.
I can't believe that at all.
95% of the time you post something, you give incorrect information.
Go on youtube, and find some Dragonforce videos. You can't tell me they play their instruments properly.
It isn't a preference thing. I love their studiowork. They make great music, but there's no way in hell you can tell me that they put on even a mediocre show. When I saw them perform Through the Fire and flames, Herman Li attempted to play along with the keyboard intro, and missed every note on the progression.

Tell you what.
if you can get Jason (Muzikman on here) to back up someone YOU have to say about music, I'll believe you.
But until then you're full of it.

trevorjk
12-03-2006, 03:46 AM
...that's what I just said.

my bad i misread that :cheers:

Triangle
12-03-2006, 03:50 AM
my bad i misread that :cheers:

It's cool buddy <3

don miguel
12-03-2006, 07:48 AM
You know what?
You're a liar.
I can't believe that at all.
95% of the time you post something, you give incorrect information.
Go on youtube, and find some Dragonforce videos. You can't tell me they play their instruments properly.
It isn't a preference thing. I love their studiowork. They make great music, but there's no way in hell you can tell me that they put on even a mediocre show. When I saw them perform Through the Fire and flames, Herman Li attempted to play along with the keyboard intro, and missed every note on the progression.

Tell you what.
if you can get Jason (Muzikman on here) to back up someone YOU have to say about music, I'll believe you.
But until then you're full of it.

mabe they were too drunk, **** happens. i still think theyer good. if anyone are posers when it comes to the stage its trivium. they suck.

Triangle
12-03-2006, 08:13 AM
mabe they were too drunk, **** happens. i still think theyer good. if anyone are posers when it comes to the stage its trivium. they suck.

It's funny you mention that, because it's a common occurance, and they use it as an excuse.
Just like you.
Making excuses for poor performences.

don miguel
12-03-2006, 08:28 AM
It's funny you mention that, because it's a common occurance, and they use it as an excuse.
Just like you.
Making excuses for poor performences.
just stop trying, buddy im sick of your crap. all you do is rip on my posts, and i don'y really care. it's kinda creepy, your like stalking my posts. everywhere i post, you seem to post right after it in a bi***y manner! it's wierd buddy, jut find someone elses posts to stalk!

Triangle
12-03-2006, 08:32 AM
just stop trying, buddy im sick of your crap. all you do is rip on my posts, and i don'y really care. it's kinda creepy, your like stalking my posts. everywhere i post, you seem to post right after it in a bi***y manner! it's wierd buddy, jut find someone elses posts to stalk!

Oh, it's because I'm madly in love with you.

don miguel
12-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Oh, it's because I'm madly in love with you.
your not the first :dance:

Triangle
12-03-2006, 08:47 AM
your not the first :dance:
I certainly hope I'm not the last.

Chaos_Theory!
12-04-2006, 04:43 AM
When They played here a few years ago in San Diego, it was the exact opposite.

Killswitch had little to no crowd, and the place was PACKED when In Flames played.

Also: Depending on What don Miguel is into, though I doubt it...
I would reccomend Bands like Putrid Pile, Or Job for a Cowboy.
Get some Grindcore, Goregrind, Or Gorecore into him.

Umm, i dont know if you realize it but what you described is the same thing evil described yet you said it was the opposite. lol

Anyway, i like some of their new stuff.

O yeah, don your like a 14yo kid whos constantly posting crap that makes you look like a moron. Its like your trying to get people to believe (or rather know) your an idiot. I find it amusing how a chump kid like you talk down to a lot of AOers when theyre older and smarter than you.

Triangle
12-04-2006, 04:50 AM
ALL OF THE INTRANERTS GO TO CHAOS THEORY.

Chaos_Theory!
12-04-2006, 04:53 AM
Ok....

Triangle
12-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Are you stupid or something? What evil described was the same thing you described yet you said it was the opposite.

Jesus christ.
I read that entirely wrong.

I forfeit all of my internets to you.

Chaos_Theory!
12-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Told ya, I was starting to think you were like Don (jk lol).

Triangle
12-04-2006, 04:57 AM
Told ya, i was starting to think you were like Don (jk lol).

Oh my lord no.

I know when to admit when I'm wrong.
Sometimes.

Chaos_Theory!
12-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Thank god and im glad someone will admit when they are wrong. Ya dont see that very often on the internet.

Triangle
12-04-2006, 05:01 AM
Thank god and im glad someone will admit when they are wrong. Ya dont see that very often on the internet.

QUICVKLY. POST FROURE MORAR TIMEZ.

GO!

Chaos_Theory!
12-04-2006, 05:05 AM
Why would i post four more times? lol

Triangle
12-04-2006, 05:10 AM
Why would i post four more times? lol
THREEER MORE DO EEEET

Chaos_Theory!
12-04-2006, 05:11 AM
Im done at two, sorry man. lol

Triangle
12-04-2006, 05:14 AM
Im done at two, sorry man. lol
What other music are you into, anyway?

Chaos_Theory!
12-04-2006, 05:17 AM
I listen to a lot of music, but its all rock. Everything from the mild stuff to metal. It all depends on how the song sounds and if i like it. Theres a lot of bands i dont like for the most part but like a few of their songs.

Triangle
12-04-2006, 05:18 AM
I listen to a lot of music, but its all rock. Everything from the mild stuff to metal. It all depends on how the song sounds and if i like it. Theres a lot of bands i dont like for the most part but like a few of their songs.

I'm the same way. I'm into seriously anything.
Do you have a favorite band in particular?

Chaos_Theory!
12-04-2006, 05:23 AM
I dont really have a favorite band. If i was focused on one band i wouldnt have as much interest in new stuff i hadnt heard before. Theres way to many people obsessed with one band in particular and they miss out on all the other good music out there.

Triangle
12-04-2006, 05:24 AM
I dont really have a favorite band. If i was focused on one band i wouldnt have as much interest in new stuff i hadnt heard before. Theres way to many people obsessed with one band in particular and they miss out on all the other good music out there.
I can see exactly what you mean.
HAHAHAH! I MADE YOU POST FOUR MORE TIMES!!!! POST OCOUNTSS $ SIX HUNDRAD!!! grats.

SCpoloRicker
12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh lawls no, missum!

BourneKiller
12-04-2006, 01:45 PM
I just DL'd a bunch of their tracks.

I'm indifferent right now, but we'll see how that changes over the week :)

Hustle Paintball - They have the Hustle Hotties, too! (www.hustlepaintball.com)

bentothejam1n
12-04-2006, 05:14 PM
maybe its because you have like 9 posts a day???

tbizzle0
12-11-2006, 01:54 AM
i heard that that album is pretty decent but i've only heard one song, and thats a cover of dio's "holy diver" and its pretty badass. i do recommend at least dl'ing that song