PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball 2007 anyone?

PumpMag
12-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Is Shatnerball 2007 going to happen?

I was looking forward to shooting my PumpMag along with Tom Kaye himself in sunny Southern California and giving Bill a nice bright 68 caliber gelatin covered paint projectile at 280 feet per second. ;)

AGD
12-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Bill is swamped due to his recent popularity explosion with Boston Legal. In years gone by he was looking for things to do, now its exactly opposite. We have not been able to get a new date from him so don't expect anything soon.

Celebrity Paintball

gibby
12-02-2006, 04:11 AM
Hey Tom...long time! Seeing how you're promoting "Celebrity Paintball" doesn't that mean it can be any celebrity that might be willing to participate? Of course, it wouldn't be called Shatnerball anymore. But I think people are willing to participate regardless of whether or not the main celebrity is Shatner. I think we all just want a chance to play along side you again. :)

Allowing other celebrities to participate could open the doors to many more charities who wouldn't mind benefiting from paintball players. More celebrities, more charities, more events, more Celebrity Paintball for everyone!! ;)

Of course, that would mean you'd be sucked back into the gritty world of paintball. :D

AGD
12-02-2006, 12:40 PM
We have tried to get other celebs to no avail. Including, the Mythbusters, Tuttles from Orange County Choppers, The Rock, Costner, Wayne Brady, etc. Its a lot harder to get a celeb to come to your event than you can imagine. Even Shatner hates dealing with them.

AGD

Chronobreak
12-02-2006, 12:43 PM
hmmm

sad more celebrities are interested. Somone like dane cook would be cool :rofl:

props for trying though.

gibby
12-02-2006, 12:45 PM
We have tried to get other celebs to no avail. Including, the Mythbusters, Tuttles from Orange County Choppers, The Rock, Costner, Wayne Brady, etc. Its a lot harder to get a celeb to come to your event than you can imagine. Even Shatner hates dealing with them.

AGD

ACK! Well, I have a buddy who used to hang out with Linkin Park. I know those guys have tried playing before...if you wanted, I could have asked him to ask them. :)

PumpMag
12-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Oh well that's showbiz.......

Hi Tom, thanks for inventing my markers! :headbang:

What about inviting another Paintball Industry Leader?

Anybody know Budd Orr?

Would be cool to renew the great Mag vs Cocker wars at the paintball field. :shooting:

SpecialBlend2786
12-03-2006, 02:49 AM

AGD

Shatner hates dealing with the events or with the celebs :confused:

Aggravated Assault
12-03-2006, 09:44 AM
What about inviting another Paintball Industry Leader?

Anybody know Budd Orr?

Would be cool to renew the great Mag vs Cocker wars at the paintball field. :shooting:

:D Haha, I can see it now: "The Final Conflict - Autococker vs Automag"

You could sell t-shirts for each team with "autocockers suck" or "Mags are for ***s" :D

REDRT
12-03-2006, 11:14 AM

AGD

You just asked the wrong people. Try Mark Hamill. He is known to love being around his fans and there is plenty of us Star Wars fans to be around. While your at it maybe a midwestern venue also. ;)

grEnAlEins
12-03-2006, 11:17 AM
While your at it maybe a midwestern venue also. ;)
:clap: I'm all for that... :D

Army
12-04-2006, 01:11 AM
... While your at it maybe a midwestern venue also. ;)
Chicago wasn't mid-west enough for you guys?

BTW, for those who asked...Tom and Budd are best of friends.

grEnAlEins
12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Chicago wasn't mid-west enough for you guys?
Not quite the case. See I am young, and when it was in Chicago I was younger. My mommy wouldn't give me a ride :(

Drego
12-05-2006, 10:45 PM

AGD

Tom,

I lived in Chicago for well over a year when my job kept me there and the local DJ, Erich "Mancow" (http://www.mancow.com) Mueller was a HUGE promoter on the airwaves for Shatner Ball at the Xtreme Park. It might not hurt to contact the radio station and see what interest is there. Recently, a radio personality on his show, Cowboy Ray was injured and passed away from the injuries he received in a hit an run accident. I was shocked by this tragic event as everyone else and we all miss Cowboy Ray. Cowboy Ray provided alot of laughs to all of us and I understand that the person who caused this tragedy still walks free with even a 10k sum of money on the table. Maybe an event could be staged in "his" behalf to ramp up the reward monies for information about the person responsible for this tragic event. Cowboy Ray is loved and missed by many and it would be awesome that the paintball community reach out on his behalf to find the person responsible for his untimely demise and bring them to justice.

Evil Bob
12-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Tom,

I lived in Chicago for well over a year when my job kept me there and the local DJ, Erich "Mancow" (http://www.mancow.com) Mueller was a HUGE promoter on the airwaves for Shatner Ball at the Xtreme Park. It might not hurt to contact the radio station and see what interest is there. Recently, a radio personality on his show, Cowboy Ray was injured and passed away from the injuries he received in a hit an run accident. I was shocked by this tragic event as everyone else and we all miss Cowboy Ray. Cowboy Ray provided alot of laughs to all of us and I understand that the person who caused this tragedy still walks free with even a 10k sum of money on the table. Maybe an event could be staged in "his" behalf to ramp up the reward monies for information about the person responsible for this tragic event. Cowboy Ray is loved and missed by many and it would be awesome that the paintball community reach out on his behalf to find the person responsible for his untimely demise and bring them to justice.

Mancow has already been involved with shatnerball, he lead the Klingons a few years back. Who knows, he might come back and play again.

-EB

PumpMag
12-09-2006, 04:45 AM
You just asked the wrong people. Try Mark Hamill. He is known to love being around his fans and there is plenty of us Star Wars fans to be around. While your at it maybe a midwestern venue also. ;)

Use the Force Luke!

:rofl:

sorry. just had to say it before someone else did.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan myself.......

George Lucas will be grand marshall for the Tournament of Roses Parade 2007 with 2 Star Wars floats and the 501st will be marching.

There's going to be a huge Star Wars event in May 2007 - Celebration IV in Los Angeles!

:clap:

slasherdan
02-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Mancow has already been involved with shatnerball, he lead the Klingons a few years back. Who knows, he might come back and play again.

-EB

Mancow .... why say his name????

He basically bowed out at the second and third one. Yeah he "twisted" his ankle but when I saw him walking to his vehicle it looked to be walking without a limp. Plus before the game that week, he had Shatner on the phone with him and he asked Shatner "Can't we just go out to dinner, have some nice wine, and sign a check??"

Then he went on to complain about playing all day and blah blah blah blah.

Plus bad mouthing Peoria while in said city for a charity event is just poor character. Don't care if you're views on the city are on the dot or not. You talk smack to the other generals, not to the city and it's people that are spending money at the event.

Knew he wasn't going to last long when he walked up on stage (late mind you) in the morning wearing jeans and gym shoes.

He didn't want to be there in the first place. Didn't push it as hard as he did the first year. And most likely ran for the hills when he realized that a majority of the people there were most likely going to be gunning for him at game on.

Mike Smith
02-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Mancow has no game...

This opinion is based on direct observation at Shatnerball I and III.

BigEvil
02-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Who needs Shatner, we have Tuna...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209328&page=1&pp=30

/shameless plug

JimmyBeam
02-20-2007, 09:30 AM

AGD

Personally I think someone should host a TKBall in Sierra Vista this year....*wink wink

snoopay700
02-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Personally I think someone should host a TKBall in Sierra Vista this year....*wink wink
Nah man, they should do it in agd's home state, illinois, so i can go.

PumpMag
02-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Sorry, TK has gone West.

SoCal AO is the place................. :headbang:

snoopay700
02-23-2007, 03:35 AM
Sorry, TK has gone West.

Exactly, i think he should come back for a visit. Really, i'm just looking for an excuse to have it here, because i haven't been able to go in the past.

JimmyBeam
02-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry, TK has gone West.

Im assuming you mean TK has gone southwest......

Dont put us in the same bracket as you guys

:P darn californians

olinar
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM
a game somewhere in arizona with tom himslef would be awesome. have everyone else drive down here. never been to one of these, itd be awesome if it were in my homestate.

PumpMag
02-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Im assuming you mean TK has gone southwest......

Dont put us in the same bracket as you guys

:P darn californians

Well,

Shatnerball 2006 was supposed to happen in Califonia. :cry:

I say keep it in California.

Shorter trip for TK.

REDRT
02-24-2007, 02:25 AM
How is about new celeberties? Shatner is getting too old and so is TK for that matter. :ninja:

Drego
02-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Is Shatnerball 2007 going to happen?

I was looking forward to shooting my PumpMag along with Tom Kaye himself in sunny Southern California and giving Bill a nice bright 68 caliber gelatin covered paint projectile at 280 feet per second. ;)

Mike Tyson as the MC..can we count on him being out of jail this yr??

Fat Yoda
03-08-2007, 09:30 AM
:D Haha, I can see it now: "The Final Conflict - Autococker vs Automag"

You could sell t-shirts for each team with "autocockers suck" or "Mags are for ***s" :D

It would be AUTOCHOPPERS AND AUTO***S

Lumberjack
03-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Let's drop Mancow, and pick up Bob and Tom.

I hear one of them is a fan of paintball anyway.

I still stand by my last idea of incoperating the game into an episode of Boston Legal.

Denny Craig vs some other rival firm, and Denny wants to bring in a ringer aka TK!!!

Rift
03-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Try getting Catherine Bell i hear she likes playing PB :)

PumpMag
03-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Try getting Catherine Bell i hear she likes playing PB :)

If she's going, I'm going! :D

SummaryJudgement
03-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Where in SoCal will it be held?!