PDA

View Full Version : Is this short stroke, a nubbin problem, or something else?

The_Don_83
12-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Is this short stroke, a nubbin problem, or something else?

Sometimes a ball or two will roll out the front when the gun is pointed down. It will also shoot multiple balls (2 or 3) at a time sometimes. Maybe short stroke? and what is short stroke? I will break balls in it a bunch during each game. I have a level 10 so that says that. Please help!!!

Thanks
Mike

FinchMan
12-02-2006, 08:30 PM
sounds like your ball detents aren't working.

chill will
12-02-2006, 08:38 PM
I agree. Either its broken, or you should check to make sure that it is screwed in all the way. It might have backed its way out a little bit. Good chance that you just need a new one.

nevtangle
12-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Is this short stroke, a nubbin problem, or something else?

Sometimes a ball or two will roll out the front when the gun is pointed down. It will also shoot multiple balls (2 or 3) at a time sometimes. Maybe short stroke? and what is short stroke? I will break balls in it a bunch during each game. I have a level 10 so that says that. Please help!!!

Thanks
Mike
Sounds like the problem to me... if you are using a twist lock barrel that is.

The_Don_83
12-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I just put a new one in so its not the ball detent (nubbin). Another thing the barrel is doing is not staying in place it keep sliding back from the right position to let balls feed into the barrel. Any other ideas... Do I need a new barrel twist lock to keep the barrel in place?

don miguel
12-03-2006, 07:33 AM
I just put a new one in so its not the ball detent (nubbin). Another thing the barrel is doing is not staying in place it keep sliding back from the right position to let balls feed into the barrel. Any other ideas... Do I need a new barrel twist lock to keep the barrel in place?
are you using an aftermarket barell not made by AGD? because when i bought a TL j and j it was a little wobbly compared to my stock minimag barell.

KC
12-03-2006, 08:29 AM
sometimes the barrel grove itself will wear. It should have a peak that the barrel lock goes over and then down. Sometimes you can rebuild that mound, or drill the resting area deeper and put more tension on the spring of the twist lock.

:cheers:

The_Don_83
12-03-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm using a Armson barrel.

Why do you think I keep shooting out more then one ball? Read my first post to hear more about it and give me some advice.

athomas
12-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Some barrels may not fit the body/rail properly. They can be wobbly. To tighten the barrel add a wrap of tape near each barrel oring. Add as many wraps as required to stiffen the barrel enough to suit your needs. As for the nubbins not stopping balls, they probably aren't protruding far enough into the barrel.

The same problem that is causing your barrel to be loose may also be causing your nubbin to not stop balls. The nubbin is pushed into the barrel breach when the barrel is inserted into the gun body. The tight fit of the body holds pressure on the small tit on the back of the nubbin. The tighter a barrel fits in the body, the farther the nubbin is forced into the barrel. Since your barrel is loose, it probably isn't pushing the nubbin into the barrel. When you tighten your barrel using a couple of wraps of tape, make sure the tape also puts pressure on the back of the nubbin.

2BAD4U
12-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Make sure the barrel O-rings are in good shape . Make sure the nubbin is placed underneth the barrel O-rings nice & tight . Use larger balls . ;)

The_Don_83
12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone for you're input. I did all you said plus bent the plastic nubbin a little bit to make it stick out a little more. :wow: It hasn't shot multiple balls since!! :clap:

athomas
12-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Excellent!