PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to play in the BCS bowl vs Ohio

MANN
12-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Well Ive been watching both USC lose, and Florida win. Who do you guys think should play Ohio? Florida or Michigan?

My vote is Florida.

I beleive that they have a harder schedule playing in the SEC. (I might be a little bias tho :p )

Regardless who goes this year we HAVE to have a playoff next year :headbang:

bentothejam1n
12-02-2006, 10:08 PM
i voted florida only because during our high school season we beat a team in the regular season and then they knocked us out of the playoffs 3 weeks later

ntn4502
12-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Ohio just lost the MAC championship, Im pretty sure they wont be playing either of them.

bentothejam1n
12-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Ohio just lost the MAC championship, Im pretty sure they wont be playing either of them.
He means OSU not Ohio

ntn4502
12-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Since I go to OSU and already have tickets to the NCG, I think I figured that out

teufelhunden
12-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Since I go to OSU and already have tickets to the NCG, I think I figured that out

Did you end up grabbing one of the 1100 they released to students, or did you have to buy one of their $2,000 packages? Or just buy it off another student for god knows how much

scion
12-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Michigan would get beat again, probably even worse than the first time. Florida actually has a chance against OSU. I laughed so hard at USC when they got OWNED by UCLA. I was watching it on a sweet tv at bestbuy cause my parents were getting a dvd burner lol.

bentothejam1n
12-03-2006, 06:49 PM
then why did you make your first post? :tard:

teufelhunden
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Florida, officially.

MANN
12-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Florida, officially.

Thats what I just heard (around 750 EST)

:clap: :headbang: :dance:

ntn4502
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Did you end up grabbing one of the 1100 they released to students, or did you have to buy one of their $2,000 packages? Or just buy it off another student for god knows how much

Im missed out on the lottery but a friend of mine hit it and can't go down, so I get his ticket for a mere $350

ntn4502
12-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Looks like an SEC beatdown, UF is nowhere near as good as Michigan

Lohman446
12-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm an ND fan, and am required to hate Michigan. That being said, Michigan got screwed.

rkjunior303
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
the BCS should go to a playoff.

MANN
12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Looks like an SEC beatdown, UF is nowhere near as good as Michigan

LOL. There is NO confrence in America that has as many good teams as the SEC. After Florida wins the National Championship hopefully we will get the respect that we deserve. ;)

the BCS should go to a playoff.

Agreed. If i had to bet tho it will be at least another 3-4 years before we see any action. :cry:

MANN
12-04-2006, 02:21 PM
On ESPN college football homepage there is a place to vote "do you think the BCS got it right?" The vote right now is 50/50 with 226,090 votes. You can look at each state to see what each individual state thinks. You can tell which schools thought they should get a better seat, and which ones are happy

ntn4502
12-04-2006, 02:27 PM
your right the SEC has a bunch of good teams yet no great ones, Big Ten has 2 if not 3 great teams that are on a much higher level than anything from the Super Exaggerated Conference

MANN
12-04-2006, 04:19 PM
your right the SEC has a bunch of good teams yet no great ones, Big Ten has 2 if not 3 great teams that are on a much higher level than anything from the Super Exaggerated Conference

Alright Lee Corso
Week 1
"California is the best team in the nation. They are going to play in the National Championship. They will defiently beat Tennessee"
California loses
Week 9
"California is the best one loss team in the nation. They will still be contenders for the national championship"
California loses again
Week 10
"California is the best two loss teams in the nation."
California loses again
Week 11
"California is on a growing season. They will be a my pick for the 2007 National Championship"

(I know California is not in the big 10. What you said just remined me of how Lee Corso thinks the world of the pac 10, and california in general)

I agree that there are great team coming from the big 10 (ohio/michigan), but they only have 1-2 hard games a year in their confrence. The rest are just push overs. They dont have to worry at all about injurys. In the SEC you are guarenteed 4-6 hard games. Most of the time you have 5 of 11 guys playing with some type of injury.

I will agree that Ohio is a great team, but for everyone that is saying that Michigan should be playing them is hilarious. They have only played 2 ranked teams the whole year (one of which they lost). Florida has played 4 or 5, and has not already been beaten by Ohio. Yes the Pac 10, and Big 10 will always produce 1 great team a year, but I beleive that the SEC always will produce at least 2-3 great teams, and will always be the toughest confrence to make it through.

When it comes down to it we just need a playoff. That would make all of the speculation/arguments go away. Let the top 8 play it out. :cheers:

Lohman446
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
What I am going to see as funny, is when OSU blows out FSU, Michigan destroys SC, and LSU gets there butts kicked. Then lets see the rankings :)

I would have loved to see FSU vs ND - FSU might have this "great" defense (yeh right) but they could never survive a shootout - SC, OSU, Michigan, and even ND (who have there own problems) would decimate FSU, and I am going to laugh when it happens.

Lets see the polls after the bowl games :) and see how the "great SEC" does?

teufelhunden
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Here's my take on the whole thing:

1) Nobody can make any sort of decent argument against either Michigan or Florida. Anybody who knows anything can make a good argument for both teams. If you look at the USA Today poll, which apparently swung the numbers, you get a sense that the general consensus was that Michigan got its shot and it was someone else's turn.

2) An argument can be made for either the Big Ten or the SEC in terms of strength of the conference. The Big Ten has less powerhouses than the SEC I think, but the SEC has a really great top end and a really piss poor bottom end. So, it can go either way.

3) College football should go to a playoff system. Duh. However, I don't see that happening any time soon given the amount of money being thrown around for these bowl appearances. While the fans would love a playoff season, I doubt that's something the schools would like. To compare it to March, those teams don't know where they're going until the final buzzer of the game they're playing. There's so much less money there because there isn't the sponsorship, which I think is a downfall of a playoff system because there's so much less time spent building things up. We have a month to hear coverage for the BCS bowls and hype it up to amp the TV ratings. The analysts can make calls on teams actually playing the games. For basketball, there's too much speculation involved to be hyping things that far in advance. "HAI GUYZ WATCH THE GAME IDK WHOSE PLAYING BUT IT'LL BE SWEET SWARE 2 GOD LOL"

4) And, in the end, I really just can't pull for putting Michigan in any spot of glory. I don't have any alumni based allegiance to any NCAA teams, and I guess just due to having the most fun at the games, I'm a de facto PSU fan. Given how PSU/Michigan is, well, yeah. You can go read the anti-Michigan stuff anywhere, but, seriously, only beating Ball St. by 8?

Anddddd, in the real end, how about playoffs? Yeah? It works everywhere else? Arbitrary rankings ftl?

ROAR THE COMPUTERS ARE ALL KNOWING!

Lohman446
12-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I think you had a few big name ESPN personalities decide the SEC was the "darkhorse" conference and suddenly everyone considers them incredible, though for no proven reason. I mean, when has the SEC been meaningful to the championship game recently?

MANN
12-04-2006, 08:14 PM
I think you had a few big name ESPN personalities decide the SEC was the "darkhorse" conference and suddenly everyone considers them incredible, though for no proven reason. I mean, when has the SEC been meaningful to the championship game recently?

2005- 2 years ago when alburn went undefeated, and didnt get to play in the national championship. USC killed Oklahoma 55-19 (yeah team deserved to be #2)

2004- 3 years ago when LSU beat Oklahoma

1998 -8 years ago when Tennessee beat Florida State

Yeah ESPN(ABC) doesnt like the SEC. All of our games are CBS. Tennessee hates ESPN for when they called our fans "Trailer Trash" (it was chris something. Needless to say they changed their gameday campus that year)

We also dislike that they didnt give Payton Manning the Heisman. WTF were they thinking. They picked Charles Woodson from who guessed it a big 10 team. Michigan. They were sooooo wrong. Ever sience then the SEC has been the "red headed step child"

Lohman446
12-04-2006, 08:48 PM
2005- 2 years ago when alburn went undefeated, and didnt get to play in the national championship. USC killed Oklahoma 55-19 (yeah team deserved to be #2)

Yeah ESPN(ABC) doesnt like the SEC. All of our games are CBS. Tennessee hates ESPN for when they called our fans "Trailer Trash" (it was chris something. Needless to say they changed their gameday campus that year)

We also dislike that they didnt give Payton Manning the Heisman. WTF were they thinking. They picked Charles Woodson from who guessed it a big 10 team. Michigan. They were sooooo wrong. Ever sience then the SEC has been the "red headed step child"

Didn't Peyton have this problem winning the big game back then too? Isn't the leadership to win those big games a big part of the Heisman>

I listen to Colin Cowherd (sp) and Jim Rome, both ESPN personalities with plenty of air time, and they have this strange infatuation with the SEC. Its like "yeh, they don't do much but there better than they seem, thats a tough conference, etc". They are what the records show they are.... if there records show they are not the best conference, over and over, gues what, there not.

Face it, they play a style of football that the rest of the colleges have moved away from. That grind it out football may work for NFL teams, but in college (you know, where they play) the high powered offenses rule. I'm sorry, FSU is not going to have an answer for Troy Smith. The only team that had a chance is one with the offense to be able to try to shoot it out against the OSU defense and match them score for score. Michigan was the best suited, SC was close until that UCLA fiasco exposed what the OSU defense would do to there offense. FSU is going to get destroyed... I personally hope this backfires on the BCS and that half the viewers turn it off at half time.

MANN
12-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Peyton could not beat florida while he was here. He practily ran the offence the same way he does today. In 97 we were either 11-2, or 12-1 (i cant remember that far back), and won quite a few sec championships under his belt. Payton was a huge leader, and had great stats.

Yes we play grind out football. We dont change every season to try to do the "in thing" Ie after mike vick everyone wanted a running quarterback.

Ohio is good, and I think that Troy Smith is a great Quarterback, and a great leader. I think that he will be the deciding factor of the game. If he brings his A game than it will be a tough one. He reminds me alot of vince young who is also a running quarterback that can throw. I think everyone is underestimating UFs defense tho. They are big and quick.

Ill agree with hoping anything backfires with the BCS as I now beleive that 90% of college watching fans hate the current system.

We will have to continue this descussion after the first of the year.

Either way win or lose SEC=#1 confrence :cool:

Didn't Peyton have this problem winning the big game back then too? Isn't the leadership to win those big games a big part of the Heisman>

I listen to Colin Cowherd (sp) and Jim Rome, both ESPN personalities with plenty of air time, and they have this strange infatuation with the SEC. Its like "yeh, they don't do much but there better than they seem, thats a tough conference, etc". They are what the records show they are.... if there records show they are not the best conference, over and over, gues what, there not.

Face it, they play a style of football that the rest of the colleges have moved away from. That grind it out football may work for NFL teams, but in college (you know, where they play) the high powered offenses rule. I'm sorry, FSU is not going to have an answer for Troy Smith. The only team that had a chance is one with the offense to be able to try to shoot it out against the OSU defense and match them score for score. Michigan was the best suited, SC was close until that UCLA fiasco exposed what the OSU defense would do to there offense. FSU is going to get destroyed... I personally hope this backfires on the BCS and that half the viewers turn it off at half time.

ntn4502
12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Lohman, FSU = ACC team that had a bad year, UF = team that edged out Michigan and is playing tOSU in the championship :D

Lohman446
12-05-2006, 07:01 AM
Lohman, FSU = ACC team that had a bad year, UF = team that edged out Michigan and is playing tOSU in the championship :D

LOL - Wow, I should really really pay more attention :), now that you say it, I knew that :cool:

So put in UF for FSU where I screwed it up, it still stands. UF might totally stop the designed running game of OSU, but there is not a chance of dealing with the passing offense + Troy Smith being able to ad-lib. And they don't have the offense to win a shoot-out against OSU's defense.

I'm a college football fan, though I was really hoping ND would get a bigger cupcake and actually win a bowl game this year. The second best team in college football was Michigan. The team(s) most likely to deal with OSU and make it a good game were Michigan and USC.

Now I hope for incredible blowouts by OSU and frankly Michigan that show just how flawed the BCS is.

PS: Wasn't thinking changing to running QB's, I was thinking the spread offense that exposes mismatches so common in college.

Altimas
12-05-2006, 08:38 AM

Yeah you also forgot Alabama has 12 National championships. Yeah the SEC is treated like the Red-headed Stepchild quite a bit. We Should have a playoff, the BCS is stupid.

UTDragun
12-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Probably because 2/3 of the conference is going to a bowl game.
5 teams ranked in the top 25, 4 in the top 10
rest of conference ranked #40 or higher.
Has the Highest win % in bcs bowls.
Auburn went undefeated and got shafted in 2005
LSU won in 2004
LSU got shafted in 2001
Tennessee won in 98
Tennessee got shafted in 97

Just becuase you believe michigan is a better team doesnt mean they deserve a second chance . OSU should not have to beat michigan again in order to be crowned natl champs. They played two tough games all year which gives them plenty of time to rest injured players and such.

Lohman446
12-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Im going to give you this: The BCS this year had as big a problem as it did in 2005. There was no solution that would look "logical" to everyone. I think MI was a better team, but without common opponents thats a thought - there is some argument that OSU should not have to beat MI twice. However, the rankings are not supposed to consider who goes where, they are supposed to consider who are the best teams in the country. Which is nearly impossible with two one loss teams who shared no common opponents.

93civiccpe
12-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Honestly I think that Michigan matches up a lot better with OSU and would have made a much better national championship as a rematch. I think Florida has played extremely tough and fought their way through a very tough schedule, but let's not forget how they almost lost to the South Carolina Gamecocks. If they didn't get lucky and block a few field goals their name wouldn't even be mentioned right now. I actually want Florida to go and get blown out, because I have too many friends who have jumped on the Florida bandwagon.

ntn4502
12-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Probably because 2/3 of the conference is going to a bowl game.
5 teams ranked in the top 25, 4 in the top 10
rest of conference ranked #40 or higher.
Has the Highest win % in bcs bowls.
Auburn went undefeated and got shafted in 2005
LSU won in 2004
LSU got shafted in 2001
Tennessee won in 98
Tennessee got shafted in 97

Just becuase you believe michigan is a better team doesnt mean they deserve a second chance . OSU should not have to beat michigan again in order to be crowned natl champs. They played two tough games all year which gives them plenty of time to rest injured players and such.

Sooooo the SEC has 2 championships in the last decade? The Big Ten also has 2 and about to have a third....

Lohman446
12-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Sooooo the SEC has 2 championships in the last decade? The Big Ten also has 2 and about to have a third....

And the PAC-10 has?

yeh, but the SEC is the greatest :rolleyes:

MANN
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
And the PAC-10 has?

yeh, but the SEC is the greatest :rolleyes:

1996 University of Florida - SEC
1997 Michigan/Nebraska (yeah that year sucked)
1998 Tennessee 23 Florida State 16 - SEC
1999 Florida State 46 Virginia Tech 29
2000 Oklahoma 13 Florida State 2
2001 Miami 37 Nebraska 14
2002 Ohio State 31 Miami 24
2003 LSU 21 Oklahoma 14 - SEC
2004 Southern California (1) 55 Oklahoma(2) 19
2005 Texas (2) 41 Southern California (1) 38

__Phoenix__
12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
There are many deciding factors to who goes in the BCS championship. One of the factors is a coaches poll. Had Jim Tressel (ohio state head coach) voted for Michigan, OSU would have his head on a platter. What did Jim Tressel do? Vote for Florida... no. He simply did not vote. That should tell you right there who he thought was the second best team in the nation ;)

Furthermore...
Ohio State pounded the ball down the throat of the hands-down best run-defense in the nation.
Ohio States own defense was the ONLY defense to give up an average of less than 10 points per game in the NCAA.
They gave up 3 stupid turnovers: a fumble INSIDE of Michigan's red zone (inevitable score), and 2 other fumbles.
In spite of having a score taken away and giving up 2 more scores on turnovers, they still won. ---> [i]versus the #2 team[i/]
They have the uncontested heisman winner who will get 80% of the votes and 2 of the most prolific targets in NCAA to throw at.
Ohio State doesn't play tough teams? When's the last time in history a team faced off with the #2 three times? :rolleyes:

Anyone who thinks that the SEC appearance in this bowl game will me anything morer than an inhumane beating of a red-headed step child is fooling themselves.

MANN
12-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Anyone who thinks that the SEC appearance in this bowl game will me anything morer than an inhumane beating of a red-headed step child is fooling themselves.

LOL.
So if UF wins does that mean that the SEC is the greatest?
Or will you/ESPN say "they got lucky blah blah blah" ;)

Lohman446
12-05-2006, 06:15 PM
OSU plays UF in the championship game, and just throttle UF OSU wins

Michigan plays SC in a moderatly close game which Michigan wins

Arkasas plays Wisconsin - its a close game, but Wisconsin pulls it off

Then to top it off ND goes down to LSU, plays LSU "at home" - keep in mind this is the same ND team that has gotten spanked by both SC and Michigan, and, with no ability to exploit NDs weak secondary, LSU is killed.

Come to think of it, its going to be a great bowl season :D

__Phoenix__
12-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Whether UF wins or loses, they will not be the greatest in manys' opinions. It's pretty much luck they ended up there in the #2 spot. Any betting man would take USC, Michigan, or OSU over FL any day.

/sorry - I busts yo bubble.

SCpoloRicker
12-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Whether UF wins or loses, they will not be the greatest in manys' opinions. It's pretty much luck they ended up there in the #2 spot. Any betting man would take USC, Michigan, or OSU over FL any day.

Like Vegas?

__Phoenix__
12-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Almost... except less topless dancers and more jailbait.

MANN
12-05-2006, 10:54 PM

So regardless of who wins or loses UF will still not be great? LOL. I say that over 65% of the SEC teams that play in bowl games will pull a victory.

UF
LSU
UT
UA (maybe)

SC will beat michigan. They now have to prove a point, and will have more of a drive I beleive.

ShooterJM
12-06-2006, 08:55 PM
It should be a good game. UF has a faster defense then UM, but not as strong. Our corners are going to have to play a lights out game. I think it's going to come down to our ends playing a speed rush and getting pressure on smith. Early line is buckeye's by 7.5.

And yes, I'll be spending 8 hours on the phone tomorrow trying to get my student ticket to the game.... :clap:

ntn4502
12-07-2006, 02:14 AM
let me know if your going over, we'll meet up and I'll make fun of you and whatnot :cheers:

MANN
12-07-2006, 09:43 AM
And yes, I'll be spending 8 hours on the phone tomorrow trying to get my student ticket to the game.... :clap:

On the phone?? our campus makes us wait in line. (assuming its not a lottery game) I have spent many nights in the University Centers parking lot waiting in line for tickets.

I wonder who i need to talk to to try to get our university to do a call in tickets :confused:

kosmo
12-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Michigan is a much better team than FL, even if they didnt get tested as much as FL did. OSUs defense will rip the snot out of FLs impotent offense, and their offense wont have too much trouble against FLs defense even if Smith forgets how to play football before the game.

OSU- 38
FL- 20

ShooterJM
12-07-2006, 11:01 AM
On the phone?? our campus makes us wait in line. (assuming its not a lottery game) I have spent many nights in the University Centers parking lot waiting in line for tickets.

I wonder who i need to talk to to try to get our university to do a call in tickets :confused:

Don't it's a terrible system. I'd rather wait in line. With a line you can show up early and, if it's well policed, you know exactly where you are.

With UF's phone system it's a crap shoot. There's only 100 lines open and 50,000 students trying to call in. You can call and get through 4 times in a row or you can be on the phone for 10 hours and never get through once. I had to call over 3,000 times before I got through one time to get florida georgia tickets. It sucks. They should at least restrict it to season ticket holders and give priority to people with the most seniority points. :mad:

Lohman446
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Michigan is a much better team than FL, even if they didnt get tested as much as FL did. OSUs defense will rip the snot out of FLs impotent offense, and their offense wont have too much trouble against FLs defense even if Smith forgets how to play football before the game.

OSU- 38
FL- 20

I think your being generous to Tressel not trying to prove how good MI is by burying Florida. Making the rivarly even bigger.

__Phoenix__
12-07-2006, 11:37 AM
FL won't be able to play pass protection well against OSU for 2 main resons:

1) OSU runs the football hardcore when they need to pound it. Everyone thought OSU would come out gunning against MSU's hellacious run defense. WRONG... they ran all over the #1 run defense liek it was just sumthin' else to do.

This will cause FL to only have 1 free safety and bring up the other one for run support hurting any cover 2 scheme. Basically leaving them with a zone cover 3 or a cover 4 (man-man). Cover 4 against Ginn Jr or Gonzalez is just laughable and good quaterback can pick apart a cover 3 zone with good timing and sufficient protection. FL's only chance is to blitz the snot outta OSU's line and disrupt timing.

2) Because they will have to dedicate more run support to stopping the OSU ground attack, this leaves fewer free safties and corners for pass support. Most teams though can get away with one saftey helping the poor DB/WR matchups. News Flash: You now have 1 free safety to help with 2 (possibly 3) mismatches thanks to Ginn Jr and Gonzalez being freaking amazing. Not to mention Troy smith routinely hits up 3 or 4 different reciever for TDs every game in addition to 2 more for general purpose yardage.

---------------------------------------

Florida in is a situation where they have to do 3 things to win:
a) Contain Troy Smith with one or even two QB spies
b) Keep enough guys in the box to stiffle the run
c) Cover 2 of the best recievers from the best QB in NCAA who routinely hits 5-6 different recievers

Florida can only do 2 outta 3 of these... they simply don't have the man power on defense to cover all of OSU's threats. Remember OSU vs Texas 2 years ago? It's kind of like that except Troy Smith throws the ball 800 X's better than Vince Young.

I'm not being a Fanboi or hating on a different college... just stating the facts. I personally believe FL's only hope is to just plain outscore OSU's offense versus OSU's #1 defense. They will have to contain smith and cover recievers leaving OSU to a succesfull ground attack, this will limit OSU's long ball and high scoring capablity and allow a FL Offense to try and outscore OSU. This will also eat alot of time and the FL offense will need to be flawless and efficient.

The game will be decided by FL's offensive efficiency and OSU's defensive effort. OSU will score one way or another garunteed. The only way OSU loses this game is lack of discipline through penalties, turnovers, and mental mistakes.

Lohman446
12-07-2006, 11:42 AM
FL won't be able to play pass protection well against OSU for 2 main resons:

1) OSU runs the football hardcore when they need to pound it. Everyone thought OSU would come out gunning against MSU's hellacious run defense. WRONG... they ran all over the #1 run defense liek it was just sumthin' else to do.

This will cause FL to only have 1 free safety and bring up the other one for run support hurting any cover 2 scheme. Basically leaving them with a zone cover 3 or a cover 4 (man-man). Cover 4 against Ginn Jr or Gonzalez is just laughable and good quaterback can pick apart a cover 3 zone with good timing and sufficient protection. FL's only chance is to blitz the snot outta OSU's line and disrupt timing.

2) Because they will have to dedicate more run support to stopping the OSU ground attack, this leaves fewer free safties and corners for pass support. Most teams though can get away with one saftey helping the poor DB/WR matchups. News Flash: You now have 1 free safety to help with 2 (possibly 3) mismatches thanks to Ginn Jr and Gonzalez being freaking amazing. Not to mention Troy smith routinely hits up 3 or 4 different reciever for TDs every game in addition to 2 more for general purpose yardage.

Florida in is a situation where they have to do 3 things to win:
a) Contain Troy Smith with one or even two QB spies
b) Keep enough guys in the box to stiffle the run
c) Cover 2 of the best recievers from the best QB in NCAA who routinely hits 5-6 different recievers

Florida can only do 2 outta 3 of these... they simply don't have the man power on defense to cover all of OSU's threats. Remember OSU vs Texas 2 years ago? It's kind of like that except Troy Smith throws the ball 800 X's better than Vince Young.

I'm not being a Fanboi or hating on a different college... just stating the facts. I personally believe FL's only hope is to just plain outscore OSU's offense while facing the #1 defense. The only way OSU loses this game is lack of discipline through penalties, turnovers, and mental mistakes.

Add one more

Mentally OSU has had there eye on the prize since the start of the season. No hiccups, they have been expecting to go, and gone through the hype of two MAJOR games.

__Phoenix__
12-07-2006, 12:09 PM
JOKE TIME!!!!!

So Bo Schembechler gets to heaven and the Lord is waiting for him.

God: Hello Bo. In your time on earth, you did alot of great things. You helped many young kids with thier development, brought joy to communities, you were honest, you led by example, and you genuinly cared for both your opponents as well as freinds. You put everyone else first and lived a very fruitfull life.
Bo: Thank you Lord... So that means I'm in? :)
God: Yes Bo! We've even got a special place all picked out for you!

[God reveals a very large mansion painted blue with gold trim. There are michigan flags flying off the small towers and a goal post and scoreboard showing replays of Bo's best wins in the gardens. However, in a distance behind the mansion, Bo notices a HUGE CASTLE. The castle was painted scarlet and grey and had OSU flags flying fom it's huge towers. Even off inthe distance, it dwarfed Bo's large mansion]

Bo: Wow God, thank you so much! But I have to ask... why does Woody Hayes have a Castle and I only have a Mansion? My record against him was better :confused:
God: [laughs lovingly] Silly Bo, that's not Woody's home up here... That's Mine!

ntn4502
12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
"COLUMBUS, OH—In what many BCS officials are citing as "proof that their flawless system indeed works," no Division 1-A college football team was found to possess the sheer excellence required to face Ohio State, the No. 1 ranked team since the season began, in this year's BCS Championship game."

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/56174

:rofl:

Lohman446
12-08-2006, 12:42 PM
"My guys were disappointed at first, but they eventually understood," said Michigan coach Lloyd Carr. "We had our chance against Ohio State and we blew it, and I guess a rematch would be boring. But can you blame us for thinking we had a chance? Sure, Troy Smith is easily the best player ever, and that defense, well, quite frankly, I'd be afraid for our guys' safety if we had to go up against that defense again, but our fans are rabidly single-minded and a lot of them have poll votes."

"I wish Bo Schembechler had lived to see this," Carr added. "He had a vote in the poll, you know."

LOL

MANN
01-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Looks like an SEC beatdown,

hmmmmm

What I am going to see as funny, is when OSU blows out FSU, Michigan destroys SC, and LSU gets there butts kicked. Then lets see the rankings :)

I would have loved to see FSU vs ND - FSU might have this "great" defense (yeh right) but they could never survive a shootout - SC, OSU, Michigan, and even ND (who have there own problems) would decimate FSU, and I am going to laugh when it happens.

Lets see the polls after the bowl games :) and see how the "great SEC" does?

hmmmmmm

hmmmmmm

Come to think of it, its going to be a great bowl season :D
QFT

Well it looks like they are running the last min of the clock out. Any final words before your predictions are completely false

Altimas
01-09-2007, 08:34 AM
MANN You just made my day. :clap: