PDA

View Full Version : painting valve

FARMER00
12-03-2006, 12:32 AM
i want to paint my 68classic valve but would like to somehow keep the lazer engraving but have no idea how to do this i was thinking wax (those things for making ukranian easter eggs) but other then that im lost

MANN
12-03-2006, 12:42 AM
why would you want to paint an automag valve :confused: / :cry:

FARMER00
12-03-2006, 12:48 AM
why would you want to paint an automag valve :confused: / :cry:

well because i want to have the most different classic ever (its very scratched up to) and also im not going to do some crappy halfass paint job on it with runs or anything when im done with it it will look like it was done direct from AGD

MANN
12-03-2006, 12:50 AM
If it were me I would just paint over the lazer engraving

FARMER00
12-03-2006, 12:54 AM
If it were me I would just paint over the lazer engraving
i dont know maybe ill do a 2 tone type thing with it maybe a fade or something but this wont happeb for a couple of weeks because i only have one arm right now lol the other one is in a sling from shoulder surgery last wednesday ( dont ask, box lacrosse injury)

MANN
12-03-2006, 01:01 AM
ouch. Hope you arm gets better. maybe use a light color so its see thru

SR_matt
12-03-2006, 09:20 AM
u might be able to use laquer, if you want it a color you can get toned laquer im pretty sure. im not sure if the scratches would loook better, if you do it right you can probably get it to look a lot better than it is now though.

-matt

FARMER00
12-03-2006, 12:29 PM
u might be able to use laquer, if you want it a color you can get toned laquer im pretty sure. im not sure if the scratches would loook better, if you do it right you can probably get it to look a lot better than it is now though.

-matt
so if i use a laquer it would be coloured but i could still see all the lazer engraving?
thanks

SR_matt
12-03-2006, 12:35 PM
maybe, you use laquer on brass and bronze after you polish it to coat it so it wont tarnish, so you should be able to coat it and still see through, you might want to get soem scrap metal and play around with it before you go to your vavle

-matt

FARMER00
12-03-2006, 12:49 PM
ok thanks alot

athomas
12-03-2006, 06:40 PM
If you just want to hide the scratches, then just polish it with a good metal polish. If you want to paint it, be aware that it still has to sit in the body and on the rail in exactly the same spot as before. Therefore, you must mask off any area that might cause it to change any spacing.

txaggie08
12-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Why not do what the electrician did and build a cover for the valve?

FARMER00
12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Why not do what the electrician did and build a cover for the valve?
pics? i havent heard of this

also im not doing this just to cover the scratches

FiXeL
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Send it to luke and have it powdercoated. Normal spray paint is not resistant to paintball fill. (it dissolves it) I've tried alot of different types of paint, and they either dissolve, or paint stains remain after cleaning. Powdercoat is nice and durable, so that would be my best bet if i would paint a valve.