PDA

View Full Version : So I just spent a week in Upstate Hospital(Syracuse)

Dubstar112
12-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Last sunday I was riding my fourwheeler enjoying a beautiful November afternoon. I was haulin down the trail when I came to a corner that I suddenly realized that Im not going to make no matter what I tried. I hit a bridge railing, flew off the atv into a tree. When I came to, my first thought was I need to go to the Hospital. I was in an incredible amount of pain and my buddies acted quick got the truck and we went to Carthage area hospital. They did some X-rays there and told me they didnt have the equipment to treat me. I had a collapsed lung, and several broken ribs. They put a chest tube (PAINFUL) in my side and medivac'ed me to syracuse where I was treated and stayed for a week.

Chest tube... about an 18inch insertion between broken ribs into your thorax connected to a vaccuum line that is intended to re expand your lung. I had some head trauma too, so my recollection of the events is skewed, so this is what people told me. I had a helmet on, and had I not, I certainly may have died. I still have a pneumothorax and the tube didnt work as they expected. I was told that within a few days this condition will cure itself and it is a common injury for runners.

So here I sit with broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung. Vicodin and rest is the only cure here.. (I just tooka couple :)) Thought Id share that story... c yall around

Triangle
12-03-2006, 08:54 AM
I hope you feel better soon.
It's good that you've got some buddies with good heads on their shoulders.
I'm glad to hear that you're doing well, as it could have been a lot worse.

Steelrat
12-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Why don't you head on over to the Dinosaur BBQ and pick up a case of food poisoning. It'll help round out a good week.

Dubstar112
12-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Why don't you head on over to the Dinosaur BBQ and pick up a case of food poisoning. It'll help round out a good week.

Heard about that during my many days and hours of watching the news. 600 some people effected now?

Steelrat
12-03-2006, 10:34 AM
600 and growing. And I love that place too, their pulled pork is awesome. Good thing I skipped going last week :eek:

Glad to hear you are alright. The tragedy in all this is the way NY craps all over ATv riders. If they ran a program like they do for snowmobile riding, I'm sure their would be better trails for people to ride on.

gimp
12-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Awesome! Welcome to the busted chest club. Glad you made it. How'd the four wheeler fair?

Dubstar112
12-03-2006, 12:56 PM
broke a plastic rivet and smashed my heavy duty steel bumper.

don miguel
12-03-2006, 05:49 PM
ouch, that's funny i broke my shoulder on sunday! injuries always happen on weekends. your story is alot better than mine. gett well soon.

tribalman
12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
i call shens on you dm! i dislocated my knee on a thursday and broke my fingers on a monday. so no.

thecavemankevin
12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
ouch, that's funny i broke my shoulder on sunday! injuries always happen on weekends. your story is alot better than mine. gett well soon.

ah man, that sux, so i guess your teams going to move on without you.

thus you = no team, and we all know that no team = no skillzorx, thus don miguel = no skillzorx, k thx bie

back on topic

Dub, we want pics, why wont you people learn that without pics your thread = worthless :(

don miguel
12-05-2006, 04:33 PM
ah man, that sux, so i guess your teams going to move on without you.

thus you = no team, and we all know that no team = no skillzorx, thus don miguel = no skillzorx, k thx bie

back on topic

Dub, we want pics, why wont you people learn that without pics your thread = worthless :(

that's nice of you.

sniper1rfa
12-05-2006, 04:47 PM
yeah, but he's right. Without pics, hey, he's just another guy that busted himself up doing something fun.

;)