PDA

View Full Version : Rt Valve Going Full Auto

68_Classic
12-03-2006, 10:16 AM
well i just got my rt valve fixed and now it goes full auto.. like it bounces off my finger when i shoot it what could be causing it to do that

SR_matt
12-03-2006, 12:43 PM
the fact that its an rt valve?

but seriously, how full auto is it going, like 5, 10, 15 bps? or like insance 25? if its the extreamly fast 25 bps like FA, check to see that the on/off has both of the orings on it (one nests inside the other), if its just like 10-15 check your imput psi you might have it up higher that you want (900-1000is when you will start getting noticible FA/bounce)

hope this helps some
-matt

68_Classic
12-03-2006, 04:21 PM
it was an outrageous full auto but i fixed it i changed out the on/off and lowered my pressure on my tank down to 700

i didn't realize my input pressure was at 1200 (woops)

athomas
12-03-2006, 06:29 PM
LOL. 1200 psi will definately give you full auto.

SR_matt
12-03-2006, 06:33 PM
only the slightest bit [/sarcasm]

my friend has his ult'ed xvavle set at 1000 and its can bounce rather fast (12-14 range about)

-matt

Mercenary42
12-04-2006, 11:04 AM
only the slightest bit [/sarcasm]

my friend has his ult'ed xvavle set at 1000 and its can bounce rather fast (12-14 range about)

-matt

I just got an older Automag RT and I am very new to this. I too am having a lot of paintball breaks. It seems that the trigger is very sensitive. I was talking to fiend of mine that said that I needed to lower the input pressure into the gun. Is this something I can do on the gun or do I need to add a regulator to the tank to get this to happen? Is there any “How to adjust your Automag RT” links on this forum?

Thanks,
George

Sumthinwicked
12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
trade you a full funtioning air valve for it no bounce :wow: jk gl on this :argh:

Mercenary42
12-04-2006, 02:14 PM
trade you a full funtioning air valve for it no bounce :wow: jk gl on this :argh:

No thank you. I posted here because I was looking for technical advice on how to fix my problem. Not to trade my RT valve for some other indeterminate valve.

SR_matt
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
do you have an adjustable tank? if so take it down to 800ish, if not and its still really bouncy, check the on off. with a stock rt onoff in my mag i will get bounce that goes like 2 -3 bps,

it could have a ult in it that hs a lot of shims in it

-matt

athomas
12-04-2006, 05:39 PM
I just got an older Automag RT and I am very new to this. I too am having a lot of paintball breaks. It seems that the trigger is very sensitive. I was talking to fiend of mine that said that I needed to lower the input pressure into the gun. Is this something I can do on the gun or do I need to add a regulator to the tank to get this to happen? Is there any “How to adjust your Automag RT” links on this forum?

Thanks,
George
If you have a preset tank, your not going to be able to adjust the input pressure. Adding a regulator will add additional restriction to the air flow.

If you are getting full auto on an older gun, check the sear tip. It may be slightly worn causing the bolt to not fully catch.