PDA

View Full Version : fps problems

gridley
12-05-2006, 09:50 AM
i went to a feild the other day with my new mag. This is the first mag i have ever owned so it is all still new to me. i went to crono and my first shot read like 375(we wer cronoing at 280) then every shot after that was down around 250 with a +/- of about 20 fps. the only thing im really conserned about at this point is the high Fps first shot. It only seems to happen after not being shot for a couple of minutes. Has anyone else had this problem??

flyingpootang
12-05-2006, 11:40 AM
We need to know what kind of set up you to properly diagnost the problem.

athomas
12-05-2006, 12:10 PM
A high first shot or a high velocity after sitting for a while is usually and indication of a bad regulator seat oring. Since the mag is new, it may be a bad oring or it could just be seated bad. What type of valve is it? A classic or a x/retro? Make sure you lubricate the valve with the supplied autolube or get a good quality air tool oil.

gridley
12-05-2006, 03:48 PM
the gun is an Paridigm pro from the mag smith.... it has an X valve. It also has level 10 and the ul intelli ..if it matters.

Automagrt666
12-05-2006, 04:02 PM
About the +/- 20 fps, if everything in the marker is perfect, check the paint, i was getting +/- 100fps at the field the other day and it was because the paint was crap (evil doesn't work well in the cold)

KC
12-05-2006, 04:29 PM
yup, i had that happen my RT-ULE came tuned like that. Oiled the seat pin ALOT, and switched to a larger lvl10 spacer to fix the bolt stick it usually resulted in.

Kristian

Drego
12-08-2006, 12:24 AM
i went to a feild the other day with my new mag. This is the first mag i have ever owned so it is all still new to me. i went to crono and my first shot read like 375(we wer cronoing at 280) then every shot after that was down around 250 with a +/- of about 20 fps. the only thing im really conserned about at this point is the high Fps first shot. It only seems to happen after not being shot for a couple of minutes. Has anyone else had this problem??

You may want to also look at the chrono procedure listed here. (http://www.airgun.com/downloads/RT-ULE.Tac-One.Manual.pdf) I also received with my mag, a tech sheet detailing this procedure with a bit more detail. hope it helps!