PDA

View Full Version : forgrip questions

ProblemKinder
12-05-2006, 09:49 PM
hey i was told the forgrip on my automag RT was just gas through, and that all the air regulation took place in the valve, is that true? i always thought the reg was in the forgrip. also, is there any way of like, purchasing a new rail so my forgrip would screw directly into the rail instead of that metal piece held in by 6 alen screws?

MANN
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Alright let me try to explain.

The silver thing on front is a verticle asa adaptor. Attached to it is a verticle asa, and a foregrip. It is not regulator. The regulator on an automag is on the back half of the valve. For an RT it is the brownish color half on the gun.

If you want to get rid of the silver bracket, and mount the vert asa, and foregrip on the rail it is perfectly acceptible, and happens quite offen.

Some of the first automag RTs had a foregrip/asa combo. Basicly the foregrip has the mounting screws in the top of it.

FARMER00
12-05-2006, 11:29 PM

The silver thing on front is a verticle asa adaptor. Attached to it is a verticle asa, and a foregrip. It is not regulator. The regulator on an automag is on the back half of the valve. For an RT it is the brownish color half on the gun.

If you want to get rid of the silver bracket, and mount the vert asa, and foregrip on the rail it is perfectly acceptible, and happens quite offen.

Some of the first automag RTs had a foregrip/asa combo. Basicly the foregrip has the mounting screws in the top of it.
so your telling me i could run a unregulated tank on a mag and it would be fine?

st6212
12-06-2006, 12:01 AM
I don't have my mag in front of me.....but I think it can handle an input of 3000psi max or something.

So yeah..you can connect a 3000psi scuba tank up to it :D

Like so: http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/32cps_rapidfire_classic_rt.mov

But if your talking about a preset tank...they are already regulated...ie the threaded end of the preset is the reg....just not regulated to what most guns need, hence the secondary reg that also act as a foregrip on the guns.

MANN
12-06-2006, 01:26 AM
so your telling me i could run a unregulated tank on a mag and it would be fine?

Yep thats what I am sayin. :D

ProblemKinder
12-06-2006, 08:58 PM

so where can I get a new rail that I can attatch my vert asa directly to the rail and get rid of the adapter bracket?

oh and no part of my gun is brown. it's all black.

forgive me for sounding stupid but if the mag regulates itself, in what way do I benefit from a regulated tank?

warpspyder
12-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Can you even buy an unregulated cylinder for paintball use? (not like SCUBA tanks)

I can't say there'd be a benefit other than safety. If you don't need 3000 psi pressurizing your system, why risk something blowing off?

MANN
12-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Can you even buy an unregulated cylinder for paintball use? (not like SCUBA tanks)

I can't say there'd be a benefit other than safety. If you don't need 3000 psi pressurizing your system, why risk something blowing off?

No you cant. At least not through paintball channels. Safety is the main reason. a microline whipping around at 900psi is better than at 3000 or even worse 4500. It would also be expensive to have microlines that could handle the pressure

so where can I get a new rail that I can attatch my vert asa directly to the rail and get rid of the adapter bracket?

oh and no part of my gun is brown. it's all black.

forgive me for sounding stupid but if the mag regulates itself, in what way do I benefit from a regulated tank?

The rail you have right now should be sufficent. You will have to drill holes in the front, or have someone else do it for you. Contact Luke at lukescustoms.com if you want to pay someone. His work is second to none.

I misread your first post. You have an automag rt. I am assuming that it is a automag rt classic, and your valve is all black. Althogh these guns dont offer many upgrades I love them.

The reason for reging your tank is to take some of the work away from your mag. Also the reg in a mag is only good up to 3000 psi so a 4500 psi tank could not go on there un regged. I have hooked up my rts before to my scuba, but I usually wait untill there down to 1500 or so.

ProblemKinder
12-07-2006, 04:54 PM
I misread your first post. You have an automag rt. I am assuming that it is a automag rt classic, and your valve is all black. Althogh these guns dont offer many upgrades I love them.

The reason for reging your tank is to take some of the work away from your mag. Also the reg in a mag is only good up to 3000 psi so a 4500 psi tank could not go on there un regged. I have hooked up my rts before to my scuba, but I usually wait untill there down to 1500 or so.

yah I keep looking for SOMEthing to do to my gun to make it different. I mean it's already got the ULT, Level 10 bolt, X-valve but I wanna do something to it. oh well, it is pretty unique already just being a mag.