PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service Accolades - Custom Products & Chipley Custom Machine

Dewok82
12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
I apologize in advance for the length. Those with reading difficulties may wish forego this post.

There is more than enough negativity in the paintball world, especially on the forums dedicated to the game.

As a slight change of pace, I thought I would share two recent interactions I've had with two paintball companies where I feel they went above and beyond good customer service.

Custom Products (CP) - www.customproducts.us
I had the exciting experience of disassembling two of my 2k5 CP On/Off ASAs In preparation for anodizing. Breaking them down for a rebuild is a piece of cake, however separating the knob from the body is another story. There is a threaded brass hex screw and it is secured in the knob by loctite. The first one came apart fine. I made a wooden block mount to hold it in a vise and used a blowtorch to loosen the threadlocker compound. The second one was a bit more stubborn. Perhaps my hex key was slightly worn or maybe I didn't apply enough heat, whatever the case I stripped the crap out of the screw head. Attempts to remove it with slightly larger or different shaped keys proved futile as did an attempt using a screw removing drill bit. Finally, in my frustration I mixed up some JB Weld, filled up the screw head, and stuck a hex key in it. Two days later it came out like a charm, but the screw was pretty well ruined.

I emailed CP from their website, explained my situation (which was completely my fault), and requested a price and payment instructions for a replacement. Their reply came within a few hours and said, "Email me your address and I'll send you a replacement.". I was more than happy to comply and their representative even emailed me again to let me know it had shipped. Not only did they sent a replacement screw, but they also included enough o-rings for several rebuilds and a nice sized stack of CP sticker sheets.

I've used several different ASAs and I honestly believe their 2k5 versions are the best in the industry. I own 5 (3 rail mount and 2 direct mount) and haven't had any problems that weren't my fault. I also own a few of their rails, a regulator, and a drop or two. All of them are quality components and they look fantastic.
Great products and great customer service - you can't go wrong.

Chipley Custom Machine (CCM) - www.chipleymachine.com
I am definitely an Automag fan, however I'll readily admit that Autocockers can be fine markers too. The Autococker style markers formerly made by CCM (The Series 5 and J2) are prime examples of this. Sadly, threats of legal action have forced them to discontinue production. This is especially sad when you consider CCM's products were far superior to anything put out by the litigous K2/WGP.

Anyways, I am the proud owner of a Series 5. It shoots like a champ and the hinge trigger is walkable. While I don't see any "superior range" or a "flatter trajectory", I do know it sure can sling paint for a mech marker (and watching the back block move is kinda neat!). Sadly, after many, many cases it developed a slight leak down the barrel. Lacking the knowledge and proper equipment (valve tool) to service it myself, I decided to take advantage of the lifetime warranty and sent an email to CCM. I also requested another o-ring for my CCM carbon fiber barrel kit (I melted mine, don't ask). Their response was swift and informative - send it in for free service - there would be no charge for the o-ring and they would call me when it was ready. The only thing I had to pay for was shipping.
After three weeks had passed without hearing anything from them (and having previously read posts about their great turnaround time), I decided a follow-up email was appropriate. Within a few hours of sending it I received a call from their rep. She admitted it had been overlooked and apologized profusely. She then indicated that it was all ready to go and because of their slight oversight I would not be charged for return shipping. Awesome.

How many companies would apologize AND cover return shipping because they had your marker for three weeks? Also, how many companies offer LIFETIME warranties on their products? CCM makes great stuff. Their feednecks set the industry standard and their pumps are so very hot. All three of my ULE-bodied Automags sport a CCM feedneck and I can definitely see a SS-25 or a Series 6 in my very near future.

NOTE - In all of my communications with these companies I was polite, thorough, and did my best to use proper spelling and grammar. It has been my experience that politeness and effective communication will get you far more than complaining ever will.

SCpoloRicker
12-06-2006, 02:40 PM
CCM is an excellent company. They are full of win.

wanna-b-ballin'
12-06-2006, 03:49 PM
aaah i'm going nuts right now. i'm getting an ss-25 in the mail today, and i can't wait any longer.

Hexis
12-06-2006, 04:09 PM
What? Positive feedback on the internet? We are all going to die! You have pretty much injected positive matter into an negative matter medium, it's all going to blow up now!

;)

don miguel
12-06-2006, 04:12 PM
CCM is the greatest customer service. i made a custom order for an ss25 a few nights ago and melissa the sales rep guided me through the buying process. she let me trade the stock barell for a bottomline kit so now i have exactly what i need. ccm is great, with awesome products and service. nice thread btw i was thinking of making one about ccm also. :cheers:

SR_matt
12-06-2006, 04:40 PM
i as well had an issue with CCM a while ago when they were much smaller but it was fixed well above what i had expected it to be. ccm always seems extreamly helpful and honest when ever i have contacted them

-matt

CrimsonGhost
12-06-2006, 05:14 PM
CP and CCM , Since day ONE, of both of these companys I have been IMPRESSED with the product, Customer care and general Value of all the stuff these guys do and make.

I was a CP fan when they were JUST starting out and was lucky enough to be one of the first to get a drop forward from them.
If I EVER had an issue ..They fixed it OR told me how to do so.
Never a gripe from them, they just wanted to help.
Their barrels are STILL my fave shaft barrels hands down.
No other barrel comes close to the quality ...esp. for the $$

CCM , Im a happy owner of a SS25 and couldnt be more pleased with it.
Butter smooth trigger and pump action.
I have used their feednecks on nearly ALL of my markers and I am unable to leave a marker without one for very long.
Others are cheaper but, CCM has stood my quality tests ...and abuse.

i 2nd THAT og POST

Phantom_Mag
12-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I have to agree with you guys, I've got all cp aftermarket parts on my guns. Drops, rails, foregrips, on/offs, barrels, triggers. (even nipple covers just because I like their service) Only aftermarket parts i dont buy from them are feednecks.