PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion

sTaLa
12-06-2006, 04:55 PM
I bought a used warp body from someone. The seller told me that the body "did not have hardly any wear".

But there are visible wears. Here some pictures I took (the biggest wears are pointed with red arrows):
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/33915575616.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4188226)
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/33915575627.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4188227)
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/33915575546.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4188225)
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/33915575550.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4188224)

Do you think that body corresponds to a body without hardly any wear? Do I exige to much or I am right when thinking that the item does not fit correctly the description? It's not like the answer was black or white...

Thank you for your opinions.

Chronobreak
12-06-2006, 04:59 PM
wear is also different froms crapes/dents/guages/cracks etc

honestly i would leave it and look around for a cheap batch anno or something to get it redone. leave bad feedback and be done with it because its probly not worth persuing honestly

don miguel
12-06-2006, 05:05 PM
how much did you pay for it?

CrimsonGhost
12-06-2006, 05:06 PM
yeah, wear is more like rub off on the anno and such.
Dings Dents and scratches..Thats more what your looking at.
So ...I agree with Scott.
Its probably better to just live with it...odds are you didnt pay the same as a NEW body so..a bit of cosmetic dmage is nothing.

sTaLa
12-06-2006, 05:10 PM
wear is also different froms crapes/dents/guages/cracks etc
But dents and crack are a normal wear issue...

how much did you pay for it?
For the moment I'm not telling any name or price. I just want to know if my position is right. If it is, I'll show the thread to the seller and ask him if he's willing to give me a discount since the item was not sold as described. Otherwise I'll make another move.

sTaLa
12-06-2006, 05:14 PM
yeah, wear is more like rub off on the anno and such.
Dings Dents and scratches..Thats more what your looking at.
So ...I agree with Scott.
Its probably better to just live with it...odds are you didnt pay the same as a NEW body so..a bit of cosmetic dmage is nothing.

For sure I didn't pay the same price as a new one. But IMHO, the seller should have said that the body has dents when I asked him if it had any sign of wear. If he told me, I wouldn't make any big deal out of it... the point is that it is important to be completly honest when you're doing business (even if it is seldomly the case in the high spheres of our society...)

MANN
12-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Ill tell everyone It was mine. Like I stated in the pm if you are unhappy I am more than willing to give you a refund. I will stand behind any product that I sell 100%.

As for my oppinion I do not consider that much wear. It is at least a 7-8 out of 10 in my book.

If you feel like it was not worth 90 shipped to Canada then by all means return it. Either way let me know

:cheers: Josh

sTaLa
12-06-2006, 05:35 PM
As I said I told you I was happy with the fast shipping, and we had a great communication... but with a lack of honesty in my opinion. This is only your honesty that I have a problem with. If you told me the body had dents, maybe I'd have bought it all the same.

As for returning it, I still have to think about it. I'll have to pay for the shipping to you, and for the shipping for another warp body. That makes two payments that I wouldn't have to pay; and since I'm in Canada, it is more expensive so I would waste some money.

Again, honestly is an important quality for a seller on the net and I feel you lack some of it. This is my point.

paintballfiend
12-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Looks like more than "hardly any wear" to me. But when you buy used you kind of have to expect it.

RoLLonBombs
12-06-2006, 05:39 PM
i agree that that is not worn, it is not in perect cosmetic condition, but in my opinion wear is when a product is wearing it self out from useage like when a product is underwarranty but not for normal wear and tear of said product, so it can still be like new in the fact that is has no wear and has the whole product lifetime ahead of it its just scraped a bit not worn that it would soon need to be replaced due to a long period of usage

"Again, honestly is an important quality for a seller on the net and I feel you lack some of it. This is my point." you said you had asked him if there was any wear, and he answered honestly i feel if you asked if there where any damage or imperfections and you had gotten the same answer it would be dishonest, i thik the problem was just asking the wrong ?`s for what you wanted to know

rkjunior303
12-06-2006, 05:39 PM
unless it was sold as "like new" condition, i would expect a used body - one that is used on a gun that is used OUTSIDE in a sport that generally gives out abuse - to have some normal wear & tear.

looks nothing like normal wear & tear to me. From the pictures, none of those look remotely huge.. no long scratches or scores. etc. a couple dings is normal wear and tear, especially if they're small.

don miguel
12-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Ill tell everyone It was mine. Like I stated in the pm if you are unhappy I am more than willing to give you a refund. I will stand behind any product that I sell 100%.

As for my oppinion I do not consider that much wear. It is at least a 7-8 out of 10 in my book.

If you feel like it was not worth 90 shipped to Canada then by all means return it. Either way let me know

:cheers: Josh

90$ from 140$, yeah that's a good price. i don't think he got ripped off. i would pay 100 for that body.

keep up the good work mann, you my go to guy for mag parts. :cheers:

sTaLa
12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
looks nothing like normal wear & tear to me. From the pictures, none of those look remotely huge.. no long scratches or scores. etc. a couple dings is normal wear and tear, especially if they're small.

I totally aggree that they are normal wear & tear. But the seller told me that the body "did not have hardly any wear". My point is that the item was not sold as advertised.

MANN
12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I am dissipointed that you would even say that you would question my honesty. I have never/will never sell something that is mis described. I guess it just goes down to what everyone/ones own oppinion is. That body has no dents. Yes there are a few dings here and there, but nothing to call a dent.

sTaLa
12-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Yep, I suppose it's all relative. And remember that you pop-up by you own, I didn't want to tell your name or the price of the product. Don't get me wrong, it is a fair price and the body will do its job; but it is a fact that you didn't say a word about the dents, or the dings... whatever you call them. Therefore, in my opinion, the product was not sold as described.

I gave you more a kind of neutral feedback. Here it is if people are curious: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2265806#post2265806

rkjunior303
12-06-2006, 06:04 PM
honestly, little marks like that are hardly any wear.

do i dare dig up a marker that has A LOT of wear?

sTaLa
12-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I suppose I should have asked for more pictures than the one that is in the sell thread. With good pictures of the body from all its angles there would not have been any of that misunderstanding. But again, if MANN told me that the body had dings/dents, I'd have asked for more pictures.

RusskiX
12-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Yep, I suppose it's all relative. And remember that you pop-up by you own, I didn't want to tell your name or the price of the product. Don't get me wrong, it is a fair price and the body will do its job; but it is a fact that you didn't say a word about the dents, or the dings... whatever you call them. Therefore, in my opinion, the product was not sold as described.

I gave you more a kind of neutral feedback. Here it is if people are curious: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2265806#post2265806

sTaLa,

I'm not sure why you are complaining. The seller of his own free will came out, in full public view, and offered a refund. Yet, rather than taking him up on the offer and being done with it, your turning it into a microdrama. As has been seen in this thread with the range of opinions, the term "wear" is SUBJECTIVE. If you are not happy, take the refund, like any other retailer would offer and stop debating the semantics of the English language.
/problem

And props to MANN for posting like he did.

Chaos_Theory!
12-06-2006, 06:19 PM
stala - That ULE doesnt have much wear or anythign on it. If your complaingin about a few little nicks and dings then grow the hell up. You bought a used product that was advertised as a used product in the correct manner. You got a good deal as well.

olinar
12-06-2006, 06:20 PM
from what i can see it looks like all the "wear" is on the bottom of the body and there is no way to avoid that.plus you shouldnt be able to see that when its on the gun.

sTaLa
12-06-2006, 06:23 PM
sTaLa,

I'm not sure why you are complaining. The seller of his own free will came out, in full public view, and offered a refund. Yet, rather than taking him up on the offer and being done with it, your turning it into a microdrama. As has been seen in this thread with the range of opinions, the term "wear" is SUBJECTIVE. If you are not happy, take the refund, like any other retailer would offer and stop debating the semantics of the English language.
/problem

And props to MANN for posting like he did.

- I said why I won't accept the refund (may it be a wrong reason for one)
- Microdrama? I don't see it. I only asked opinions, and received them. It would have stayed really objective if the seller didn't post.
- I agree it is SUBJECTIVE, this is what I meant when I typed "relative".

Now I'm done with it. The body will serve its purpose and feedback is left. The story doesn't end as well as a fairy tell but every party gets what it was looking for.

Now if any admin could close this thread before it becomes something it is not supposed to be. I won't post in that specific thread anymore.

Cow hunter
12-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I totally aggree that they are normal wear & tear. But the seller told me that the body "did not have hardly any wear". My point is that the item was not sold as advertised.
well, not to be a grammar nazi or anything, but doesn't "did not have hardly any wear" mean that it DOES have wear? double negative?

but, where i stand on this issue, MANN offered a full refund, if you are unsatisfied, you can get all your money back, its not like he was trying to scam you. if it were me, i think i would just keep it, it really doesn't have all that much cosmetic wear, and those appear to be only small scratches, from the looks of it, mostly on the underside too.

edit; just saw above post. i guess thats how it is then...