12-08-2006, 03:10 PM
so i recall people saying something bout a warp v2.0 years ago

skimming thru haveblue on other business :ninja: i came across this

http://haveblue.org/tech/patents/US006609511.pdf

Tom, care to enlighten :D

--il take two

trevorjk
12-08-2006, 03:28 PM
did he incorporate the warpfeed into the hopper? why has this not hit the market? im very very intrigued now

ShotOnSight
12-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Wow, definatley intresting. Reminds me of the cyclone feed system for the tippmann A-5's looks like a really cool design though. Wonder if there are any fucntioning models somehwere ? looks like a side mounted ricochet apache with some sort of belt loader.

__Phoenix__
12-08-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm pretty sure the belt feed for the AT markers precedded this. Had that been patented... Tom mighta stepped on AT's toes abit.

Chronobreak
12-08-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm pretty sure the belt feed for the AT markers precedded this. Had that been patented... Tom mighta stepped on AT's toes abit.

werent the at's technicaly a chain type system?

wjr
12-08-2006, 04:06 PM
werent the at's technicaly a chain type system?

They were. Theres an animation of it at the top of this page.

http://www.deadlywind.com/tech/marker_animations/index.html

Chronobreak
12-08-2006, 04:11 PM
did he incorporate the warpfeed into the hopper? why has this not hit the market? im very very intrigued now

well knowing agd its probly a side feed type system, from the pic it appears it is attached to the side/barrel

wjr, thanks i was looking for that for confirmation :hail:

Banshee23
12-08-2006, 04:13 PM
This has come up multiple times over the past few years. Last I saw Tom had no intention on moving forward with this. Here's some of the previous threads (earliest dating back to 2001 :eek: )

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17091&highlight=warp+patent

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159447

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129967&highlight=warp+patent

Chronobreak
12-08-2006, 04:20 PM
banshee, thanks

thanks, i had searched but all the links and pics are pretty much dead so no way of finding any info there.

the last link was the most helpfull/informative

--guess its just a case of tom giving up before he even started....
im sure theyre is a prototype somewhere...
so if its not being made(sounds like it 100% isnt) then lets see some pics or vids or something?

chill will
12-08-2006, 04:45 PM
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
AGD
Former President of AGD Join Date: Oct 2000

Heck I'll even show you where we were going with the warp. In this version the warp is mounted central to the gun and integrated around the tank and regulator. From the outside, the tank and hopper look like one piece with the fill ports on either side between the front and rear grip. What is shown here is a photochop cutaway view. The balls feed up through the front grip and into the side of the gun.

No offset weight, no hose sticking out, nothing on top of the gun, no addtional bulk, no addtional weight, structurally integrated into the gun so you can superman in and not break it off. Ashame it will never happen.

AGD
Attached Images

Hey AGD, I would love to see those pics of the project if you still have them. ;) Thanks.

FooTemps
12-08-2006, 06:39 PM
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
AGD
Former President of AGD Join Date: Oct 2000

Heck I'll even show you where we were going with the warp. In this version the warp is mounted central to the gun and integrated around the tank and regulator. From the outside, the tank and hopper look like one piece with the fill ports on either side between the front and rear grip. What is shown here is a photochop cutaway view. The balls feed up through the front grip and into the side of the gun.

No offset weight, no hose sticking out, nothing on top of the gun, no addtional bulk, no addtional weight, structurally integrated into the gun so you can superman in and not break it off. Ashame it will never happen.

AGD
Attached Images

Hey AGD, I would love to see those pics of the project if you still have them. ;) Thanks.
Tom is gone, he lurks and doesn't say much because he has essentially said that the paintball industry isn't worth hit anymore. I'd like to hear from him too but to be honest...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/sirene3456/loveisoverit8.jpg

Chronobreak
12-08-2006, 07:01 PM
toms here all the time... :ninja:

he still thinks of AO as his little nephew, or sibling

or atleast an x-wife to whom he owns child support :rofl:

wjr
12-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Mabye this is the product MarkM hinted at.

FooTemps
12-08-2006, 09:16 PM
toms here all the time... :ninja:

he still thinks of AO as his little nephew, or sibling

or atleast an x-wife to whom he owns child support :rofl:

lol, or we're his adopted children. I know tom lurks a lot, but he comments very rarely

Rudz
12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
looks like a nice idea, id love to see a protoype

AGD
12-09-2006, 12:23 AM
You guys probably dont believe it but I am here every single day. I always comment if someone asks (and I see the thread). I don't wield the same power any more and am not so up to date on industry goings on so yes I comment less.

The warp feed in general was simply not accepted by the paintball public. You have heard all the negative comments so I don't have to repeat them here. Paintball products are exactly like motion pictures, you only see a sequel if the first version was a hit.

AGD

RavishingEddie
12-09-2006, 12:31 AM
But I love Warps Tom. Honestly I do :cry:

Rudz
12-09-2006, 12:34 AM
But I love Warps Tom. Honestly I do :cry:

me too puhleaseeee!!!!.. :cry:

MoeMag
12-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Well...
Something needs to be done with hoppers.

If its good everyone would buy one.

They are just too big and heavy anymore with these new tiny guns. My halo is now about 1/3-1/2 the weight of my enite rig now days. Use to on the e-mag it didnt matter, but now the things are top heavy.

I'm lookin fwd to the vlocity Jr just for that reason.

Tao
12-09-2006, 10:40 PM
You guys probably dont believe it but I am here every single day. I always comment if someone asks (and I see the thread). I don't wield the same power any more and am not so up to date on industry goings on so yes I comment less.

The warp feed in general was simply not accepted by the paintball public. You have heard all the negative comments so I don't have to repeat them here. Paintball products are exactly like motion pictures, you only see a sequel if the first version was a hit.

AGD

That is sad even if it is true. However the warp was still profitable? no? I am sure a next gen (FASTER :wow: ) warp would have a niche market and hopefully (I of course am not airgun, and don't know the cost of reasearch and the return on investment the orriginal had) would make SOME money.

I hope you can still enjoy thinking up new ideas for paintball technology, Tom if not still enjoying innovating :)