PDA

View Full Version : Shatner Ball 2k2

12-30-2001, 09:40 PM
The Society of Paintball Players And Teams is planning its first SPPLAT event. Scheduled for the summer of 2002 at Chicago's Challenge Park Xtreme, this themed big game will raise money for charity.

What will set this event apart from others is who is playing. One of the teams will be captained by one of the most famous science fiction captains ever - William Shatner, Captain Kirk of the Star Trek television series and films. The exact name and theme of the game has not yet been set. SPPLAT is presently in negotiation with Paramount to be able to use the Star Trek name and theme. It is hoped that some additional Star Trek cast members will be able to make an appearance, and join in the paintball action.

The game is being planned to be a unique experience both for paintball players, and the many science fiction fans to whom the event will be promoted. SPPLAT hopes to introduce these scifi fans to the sport of paintball.

Included with the entry fee will be a commemorative jersey (each team will be identified by jersey). The entry fee of $150, or $100 for SPPLAT members is designed to encourage SPPLAT membership (the annual fee of $35 will make it cheaper to join and play than to play without being a member).

A percentage of each entry fee will go to Shatner's selected charity, Ahead With Horses. This group uses horse riding and training as both physical and emotional therapy for the physically handicapped, and SPPLAT expects to raise over $100,000 for the cause.

As the event draws near, further information will be available in the Recreational department of WARPIG.com and at SPPLAT.com.

Heres the article on warpig. So whos going? Does anyone wanna form a team so we are grouped? Should we have 2 teams and place one set of people with Shatner as spies?

Sorry for making a new thread but I didn't feel like digging up the old one. Serious people only, no maybes.
:mad:

IceCool32
12-30-2001, 09:45 PM
I'm deffiently interested, depending on month and day. I can surely have my gear and things there, only 2 hour drive from here for me.....Is it going to be a 24 hour scenario?

toymyster
12-30-2001, 09:50 PM
It all depends on the date of the event for me!!! Sounds fun, though!!!

12-30-2001, 09:57 PM
August 31st it is on a Saturday so it probably will be a 24 hour. I am not positive though. It would suck for me to travel to chicago for one day but that sure as hell is not stopping me from getting a chance to shoot shatner:D

virus
12-30-2001, 11:58 PM
welp i'm signed up for it and here is the info i have for it so far

game date/time 8/31/02 reg. begin at 6am game set to start at 9am if not sooner and go till 6pm (give or take a couple here)

as it stands right now it will just be a 9 hour game.....

the rest of the info goes right with everything in the above posts....

also so are trin to make this the AO'02 meet..... i feel there is enough time for this to happen but people need to get there.... granted ui understand teh younger crowd here may have a problem getting to it... which is something we would run into no matter where it is held.....

now we just have to get TK to bring a banner or someone else from here with the AO bit plasterd all over it so we know where to gather and look as meanicing(sp??) as possible =)

of course we are about due for a update from JJ Brookshire as to what he had worked out with the airlines as far as fares go and what we have to mention to get them as SPPLAT members....

manike
12-31-2001, 05:30 AM
I'm serious about making it.

But as ever I need to see how work and finances pan out.

I may be in the USA for 4 paintball events next year... I'm not sure yet if that is possible with my work and finances.

I hope to attend, the Long Island Big Game, The Shatner Game, The World Cup and the LA NPPL :) (bright lights what can I say!)

manike

irbodden
12-31-2001, 08:09 AM
What are the other benefits of a Splat membership?