PDA

View Full Version : New Evolution By BE

12-30-2001, 10:01 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/evlution/evlution_2_preview.shtml

I wonder if it will be as bad as next one. Warpig seems to be giving it a good review though.

zvanut
12-30-2001, 10:08 PM
looks the same :confused:

toymyster
12-30-2001, 10:11 PM
Warpig always gives a good review!!!!

nutz
12-30-2001, 10:23 PM
sounds better than before but still looks like at egg!!!, it looks so big and even holds less than a revy

Tbone
12-30-2001, 10:29 PM
Bill posts here, maybe he can leak his view about it, even though the article is by him...

bunkerking
12-30-2001, 10:30 PM
the hopper sticks out way past the back of the gun, I couldn't even immagine playing with one of those.

billmi
12-31-2001, 09:36 AM
the hopper sticks out way past the back of the gun, I couldn't even immagine playing with one of those.

That's a relatively short backed gun it's on in the photo, but yes, because the feedneck in the front instead of the middle, it does sit back further than most hoppers.

sounds better than before but still looks like at egg!!!, it looks so big and even holds less than a revy

IMHO, I think that's going to be a big hinderance to people accepting it. Not the capacity so much but the shape, for two reasons:

1. Same shape as the original model, that had jamming problems. John Q. Public won't likely tell them apart, and the bad image of the first model will be cast on the new one.

2. The shape of the original eVLution was not well accepted because it was so different than traditional loaders. The eVLution 2 will have the same problem unless they change the external shape.

Neither of these have to do with performance, but really with public perception.

Warpig always gives a good review!!!!

I guess it depends on what you think qualifies a "good" review. I really don't like to tell people "hey, you should buy this" or "hey, this sucks, don't buy it."

Instead, I prefer to give the strong points and the weak points of a product and let the reader make up their own mind.

For example I've had feedback from people reading my Centerflag Automag Hyperframe review, some of whom avoided the product, because of problems I had with it in the review, and some of them buying it, and thanking me for explaining the problems so they'd know what they were and how to deal with them by sending them in to Centerflag for a custom fitting. Some readers thought the grip was good, some thought it was bad, based on the same review, they were able to make their own informed opinion.

About the original eVLution, I had written:
"In testing, we had a ball jam, only once in all of our testing, and it was with some older paint, which had become somewhat flexible. The ball wedged on the corner of the feed neck and the impeller stopping the impeller from turning. This ball jam was an exception to otherwise flawless operation, and we could not get it to repeat, but it should be kept in mind if using older paint (the real lesson is buy and shoot good quality paint). "

After more field time on the eVLution, I later updated the article with:
"The eVLution has developed a reputation for jamming, and not become more popular than the Revolution it was designed to replace."

Good review? Bad review? You can make the call, but the actual performance was documented for you to be able to make that decision. But please, tell the people who gripe that I wrote a "bad review" about the Z-Body that it was a good review, since I always write good reviews :-)

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

shartley
12-31-2001, 10:33 AM
hmmmm That is still mighty UGLY. ;)

AngelBoy
12-31-2001, 10:41 AM
It might replace the Revolution if it does as good on the field as it did in testing, and if they change the shape. But then it will be replaced by the halo, simply because, they rule. And what kind of gun is that?

Bonx0007
12-31-2001, 10:46 AM
Bill,
Thanks for posting with us. I find your article very good you put that info out and make the masses think for themselves. I like it but some people can't handle making their own opinions about things. They need a coorperation to tell them whats good and whats bad. Keep the reviews coming.

MagDog68
12-31-2001, 12:59 PM
Blech....what a horrible piece of paintball equipment. The eVlution should have stayed 'out to pasture' with the RamRod barrel and JT Slam Pack. Its time, thankfully is over.

The eVlution's real problems were much more than its aptness to jam. The hard plastic shell broke easily as did the 'locking mechanism' for the lid. Horribly balanced, I had to start pushing my tank forward to counteract the extra back-weight on my gun. And to top it all off...it was UGLY AS SIN!

I recently moved the Egglution's impeller to my Revvy and was pleasantly surprised that it fed so nicely. If BE wants to mess with a good thing (namely, the wonderful 12v Revvy) maybe they should do it a little bit at a time. Baby steps BE...Baby Steps!

~Fred

billmi
12-31-2001, 02:30 PM
Thanks Bonx0007.

Originally posted by AngelBoy
And what kind of gun is that?

That's my customized Rainmaker.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills