PDA

View Full Version : Paintballs on Ebay?

Kyle.Kimber
12-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Is it worth it? Has anyone here tried and how did it go?

Thanks

spike_ball999
12-11-2006, 07:25 PM
This might be just me, but I wouldn't do it unless you feel like cleaning 999 balls since one broke in shipping. If it was 200, I wouldn't mind, but I can get that at Wal Mart for $8.

gergnayr
12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
buying paintballs online are pretty ****ing pointless they are all going to ****ing break just go to your local shop and spend the extra ****ing 10 dollars god

etjoyride
12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I disagree. buying on ebay might be a bad idea, but buying from large online retailers isn't. I have bought from actionvillage numerous sometimes (upwards of 4 cases at times) and not once did i ever receive a single broken ball.

iambored
12-12-2006, 08:23 PM
BAD IDEA! Do it and you will regret it...
UPS trucks are not Climate control storage units, there can be a chance of a paintball breaking, or 2, or 3, or 4, et cetra et cetra...
and unless u like clean paintballs it isn't a great idea.
not to be taken offensive just its a large pain to do such things as ship paintballs

jenarelJAM
12-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I've never bought paint online before, although I've been tempted with actionvillage, back when they had free shipping over $100(now it's $80, but alot more shipping time), cause 3 boxes of $40 paint would cover it, and if I could find 2 guys to go in with me, it would be alot cheaper than at the field. However, I've never actually had the foresight/initiative to do it. I was lazy, and always just spent a little extra $ at the field.

Found a local store today tho, sells white box for $30, karnage rip for $40 and tear for $50. Also has xball for 47, 50 and 53. I'm happy.

Assuming the white box is okay, I think I've found a new source of practice paint.

kruger
12-12-2006, 08:33 PM
One more thing on online paint. You really dont know how long it has been sitting in somebodys garage before he decided to sell it. Buying local pretty much assures that the paint is fairly fresh.

PumpMag
12-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Don't you end up spending what you save on shipping the paint anyway :tard: ?

Besides, after regularly buying from my local paintball shop, I established a friendship with the owner and employees there.

We always give each other feedback on what paint is good.....if it shot straight, bore size fit, etc. If I tell him its bad, and others say the same, he won't carry it anymore.

They always let me inspect/open the case before buying.

spike_ball999
12-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Don't you end up spending what you save on shipping the paint anyway :tard: ?

That's what tends to happen too much for it's own good with most products. That's why there's free shipping!