PDA

View Full Version : Sydarm

Kyle.Kimber
12-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Okay, I've tried the classifieds but can't get anyone to help me out. I am looking for a Sydarm. Should I get one? Does anyone have one and can tell me about it? Can someone post pics of their Sydarm? Does anyone have one they want to sell? Thanks

Chronobreak
12-11-2006, 11:31 PM
shouldnt be too hard to find

little over a year ago think agd did another run of 100-200 of them.

keep an eye on the BST, google is your friend

ClassicMagger
12-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Hey:

Since, we are not allowed to post classifieds in PB Talk. PM me. I have an original sydarm and holster I can sell you.

Thanks,

-ClassicMagger

Chaos_Theory!
12-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Im looking for one as well w/o any luck.

Since we are on the subject are there any differences in old and new sydarms?

White_Noise
12-12-2006, 08:37 AM
the difference between the two is the rail. old ones have a classic rail, while the new ones have the wingless tac rail.

doc_Zox
12-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Clerics got a nice one for sale:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5028

gus13
12-12-2006, 12:20 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/evilgus13/sydarm.jpg
This is a newer series Sydarm I changed the Frame and put the carbon fiber on it, I was gonna put a 32* chrome 45 frame on but the "wings" wouldn't allow for it w/ out a little milling. it shoots pretty good but sometimes itt seems like the 12 gram doesn't engage right and won't fire don't know why.

Muzikman
12-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Impressions (I have had a Sydarm for quite a few years now).

Slow to change the 12 gram
Combersome to reload the paint
Only 6 shots
Freezes the 12 gram very fast under rapid fire

Differences between Old and New

Most old are a bead blasted (gray) body. New are polished bodies (there are a few original polished bodies, but not many)
The old have a "V" sight on the back of the body. The new do not have this.
The old used a classic Automag rail. The new uses the new rails.
People paid good money for the old orginals. People paid about half for the new ones.

gus13
12-12-2006, 01:03 PM
isn't there also a difference in the valve itself as well? I know the new ones came around the same time as the whole "ULE" movement by AGD

you forgot to add still heavy w/ a good kick to it.

Muzikman
12-12-2006, 01:21 PM
No, the valves are exactly the same as the old ones and if I am not mistaken they didn't even designate a new serial number scheme. The reason they did the run of new Sydarms was because there were a few hundred unfinished ones sitting around for years so to clear out the unused inventory they built them. The reason why the rails were different was that they had no more classic rails. The valves and body pieces were just sitting around.

Pneumagger
12-12-2006, 02:15 PM
No, the valves are exactly the same as the old ones and if I am not mistaken they didn't even designate a new serial number scheme. The reason they did the run of new Sydarms was because there were a few hundred unfinished ones sitting around for years so to clear out the unused inventory they built them. The reason why the rails were different was that they had no more classic rails. The valves and body pieces were just sitting around.

Your saying AGD is out of classic rails?
So that means no more emag lowers, Classic rails, or slug bodies?

Muzikman
12-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Your saying AGD is out of classic rails?
So that means no more emag lowers, Classic rails, or slug bodies?

AGD has not had their original classic rails for a very long time. Their new rails will fit classic bodies though.

azzkikr
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
they hold 8 shots not 6. but honestly if your looking for one as a collectors item, get one. if not and you want it to play with regularly save the money and get a newer more modern pistol that will probably be better performer and a lot easier to get.

Muzikman
12-12-2006, 05:13 PM
they hold 8 shots not 6. but honestly if your looking for one as a collectors item, get one. if not and you want it to play with regularly save the money and get a newer more modern pistol that will probably be better performer and a lot easier to get.

Er, sorry, your right, that was a typo on my part.

Chaos_Theory!
12-12-2006, 06:06 PM
doc - The one cleric had has been sold twice after being in his posession alrwady. I tried to buy it but sunfisher sold it a day or two ago.

muzik - From the sounds of it you dont think its worth buying one. Is this true?

MoeMag
12-12-2006, 07:54 PM
I can get one NIB for the right price.

Tunaman
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
AGD has not had their original classic rails for a very long time. Their new rails will fit classic bodies though.AGD has plenty of Clasic rails to my knowledge. If not, I do. :D ;)

doc_Zox
12-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Thar she blows!:
http://cgi.ebay.com/AGD-SYDARM-Paintball-Marker-Airgun-designs_W0QQitemZ330063330968QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16 048QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$285

gus13
12-15-2006, 09:46 AM
when the new ones came out I bought two, and traded one of them as payment for my buddies mag (now sold too) he has used it all of twice I believe and says he don't like it, I'm thinking about talking him into to sell it back to me so the original pair are back together!

ahellers
12-15-2006, 12:12 PM
wheres the pic of Tom at D-day :shooting:
I love that pic but cant find it anywhere
t

CaptainNeeda
12-15-2006, 12:42 PM
By your command!

http://www.tomkaye.com/images/DDAY2003_lrg.jpg

gus13
12-16-2006, 03:27 PM
the movie that made me want the sydarms to begin with!! :hail:

Kyle.Kimber
12-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Sorry guys I got the PPS Squall. THanks for the help anyways. I :) 'll have pics later.

Chaos_Theory!
12-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Yeah i decided to go with a squall as well. lol

gus13
12-17-2006, 03:23 PM
anyone use those Tacticals (unsure if thats the right name) the one thats clip fed? I'm kinda leaning towards one of those, but I've never seen them in use nor have I read any reviews on them, the main question I have about them is how can you reload w/ the 12 gram in the clip itself?? wouldn't it waste it after 6/8? shots? like I said just curiousity..... but I do think they're pretty cool even without seein them in use.

Geoff Call
12-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Paintball Charleston has some from the official 'public' release of the sydarms from not too long ago. All Brand New in box with holsters. 843-552-1115

-Geoff Call

don miguel
12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
just a question, besides sydarms, what does Tom shoot as a primary? (i would think an xmag).

PumpMag
12-17-2006, 05:10 PM
anyone use those Tacticals (unsure if thats the right name) the one thats clip fed? I'm kinda leaning towards one of those, but I've never seen them in use nor have I read any reviews on them, the main question I have about them is how can you reload w/ the 12 gram in the clip itself?? wouldn't it waste it after 6/8? shots? like I said just curiousity..... but I do think they're pretty cool even without seein them in use.

It's called TAC 8 by Tyberius Arms. I have one that I haven't even shot yet.

I believe it has a valve that closes, so you don't have 12 grams leaking out after ejecting the clip.

I have yet to shoot it at the field ...... too much pump play gets in the way. :D

Plus, I just hate bringing too much gear to the field..... trunk space limited.....so less is more.

captian pinky
12-17-2006, 05:16 PM
i love pbc geoff it seems like we had the last 2 xmags then they sold and now we have the last sydarms i love it

Doobie
12-17-2006, 05:28 PM
I have two. Only used a few times. One was for me and the other for Trina. One is a righty holster and the other lefty. I would be willing to part with one for the right price and I can supply pics. I just moved to West Point, NY so things are in boxes and I may need some time to locate them. PM me if interested.

craltal
12-17-2006, 07:15 PM

No, there's a check valve that'll hold the gas in. You should be able to get 2 full clips from a single co2, although you need to reload the clip...

read this review from one of the guys over at MCB:

http://mcarterbrown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594

gus13
12-17-2006, 09:59 PM
sounds pretty cool from the review, I don't know though, I have waay too many projects going on right now, but I am interested, I may have to pick one up to give it a try! but it will probably be a while yet. either that or get my other sydarm back from my buddy. hrmmm......too many possiblities. :rolleyes:

sbpyro
12-18-2006, 04:55 PM
My friend has one and the gun is sweet. I found it pretty accurate within the range I'm use to playing. I think he was able to get 32 good shot per 12 gram. However he did get the drop on one of the opposing teams "characters" (scenario game) offered surrender to the guy and pulled the trigger to a hissing sound and proceeded to get lit up.
Only complaint is it should be bundled with at least 3 clips.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-18-2006, 06:59 PM
constant air adapter :)