PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Pneu Frame???

turbo chicken
12-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Has anyone tried a carbon fiber pney frame yet? I've seen it mentioned but cant find anything on what was milled out of the middle...

when i get paid on friday i'm ordering the parts...

Can someone measure a cf frame thickness for me and let me know if the parts will even fit width wise...

looking foward to the responses

TC

wjr
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I haven't made one, but I planned on it and put time into measuring everything out.

First off, a mpa-3 won't really work. It's far too wide.

Instead, get the clippard sm-6. It's a good deal skinnier, but a bit longer. It won't fit in perfectly, so you'll have to do some dremmeling.

I planned on using a smav-3, so I don't know whether a fabco valve would fit in there or not.

turbo chicken
12-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I haven't made one, but I planned on it and put time into measuring everything out.

First off, a mpa-3 won't really work. It's far too wide.

Instead, get the clippard sm-6. It's a good deal skinnier, but a bit longer. It won't fit in perfectly, so you'll have to do some dremmeling.

I planned on using a smav-3, so I don't know whether a fabco valve would fit in there or not.

where can i get the ..sm-6??? #edit# i think i see a link in the database thingy#edit# ok air soldier doesn't have them ... is there another place i can get it????##edit again##

also i've seen something about "lukes valve" but i don't see anything on his site.

quick_spyder
12-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Do you already have a grip frame? If you don't I'll sell you one for $8 shipped.
Pics
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4196741
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4196742

wjr
12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
You can get one right here. (www.clippard.com)

Just search sm-6 and you'll find it.

turbo chicken
12-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Here's my list

clippard smav-3
clippard sm-6
tubing
11752-5 Barbs
11755 plugs
lpr
CF frame

do I have everything listed???

quick spyder ill PM you on friday!!!

Pneumagger
12-13-2006, 09:08 AM
I got all the parts together, cleared out space in the frame, measured and fit everything in it, and just never got around to finishing it to be operational. It can be done, it's ugly, but i'm confident it would be every bit as good as a regular frame.

I used:
Fabco MSV-1 <- chopped in half for size
Clippard MPA-3
Clippard 12841-PKG (barbs)
Clippard Hose

turbo chicken
12-13-2006, 10:56 AM
it looks like the smav-3 has to be threaded into the frame to mount it ... is this right???

i'm not sure how the CF would hold up to being tapped ....

I couldn't find anything on using a smav-3 for installation in the database.

Pneumagger
12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
that's because the smav-3 is inferior to the msv-2 and msv-1. Although fully sealing, it's just a havier pull and harder to mount.

You can cut an msv1 down to about the size of an SMAV-3

wjr
12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I got all the parts together, cleared out space in the frame, measured and fit everything in it, and just never got around to finishing it to be operational. It can be done, it's ugly, but i'm confident it would be every bit as good as a regular frame.

I used:
Clippard MPA-3
Clippard Hose

How did you plan on putting the mpa-3 in there?

And can we get pics of the chopped down msv-1? I'm eager to learn more of this.

turbo chicken
12-13-2006, 11:40 PM
yes ... how would i go about chopping the msv-1 down???

I'm assuming that some dremmeling had to be done to fit the mpa-3

Pneumagger
12-14-2006, 01:01 AM
I carved the grips out a bit to houst the MPA-3. I had wood grips with plenty of meat on 'em.

The MSV-1 and 2 are basically about 1/3 solid brass. Just chop off the solid part opposite of the barb holes.

turbo chicken
12-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Here's my list

clippard smav-3
clippard sm-6
tubing
11752-5 Barbs
11755 plugs
lpr
CF frame

do I have everything listed???

quick spyder ill PM you on friday!!!

ok revised list
I used:
Clippard sm-6
Clippard Hose

The only question is will the sm-6 even work ... stroke is .375 inches ... and how much force is needed to move the sear???

here is the force output for the sm-6
@50psi=2.5lbs force
@75psi=3.75
100=5
125=6.25 this is the max

havocx
12-14-2006, 02:46 PM
force needed depends on the on/off used.
I think Pneumagger could break it down better as I dont remember the weights. Besides he is the guru.

turbo chicken
12-14-2006, 04:41 PM
force needed depends on the on/off used.
I think Pneumagger could break it down better as I dont remember the weights. Besides he is the guru.

I read it in the forum a few weeks ago now I can't find it ... my searches bring up too much un related stuff

wjr
12-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah, the sm-6 will work.

A guy used it in a electro-pneumag project a long time ago.

Search "y-gripped emag" or some variety of it in the workshop. His thread should come up.

turbo chicken
12-17-2006, 01:30 PM
pneu frame shot down by wife ... i have to choose between ... pump kit or pneu frame ... that's a hard decision for me ... I want both ...

Pneumagger
12-17-2006, 02:07 PM
pneu frame shot down by wife ... i have to choose between ... pump kit or pneu frame ... that's a hard decision for me ... I want both ...

Say, wha?

A pneuframe is cheap.
MSV-1 - $10
MPA-3 - $10
hosses/fittings $10
CF frame - free possibly - check the AO pay it forward thread.

turbo chicken
12-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Say, wha?

A pneuframe is cheap.
MSV-1 - $10
MPA-3 - $10
hosses/fittings $10
CF frame - free possibly - check the AO pay it forward thread.

you right just those parts are cheap and sneaking them in "under the radar" is much easier to do than the pump kit ...

the idea wasn't "shot down" ... she just mentioned that i only had 150.00 to spend and with the lpr i wanted i would only have 70.00 left to spend.

so I have decided pump kit first then ... I can still afford to play each month and have money left over from my monthly 40.00 paintball limit to get the pneu parts over the next few months.

so thanks for your input I know exactly what I need and have all the how to info... it'll just be a few month till i actually do it.

wjr
12-18-2006, 11:45 AM
You know, yuo can get lprs for cheap. You can get stock cocker lprs (that work fine) for super cheap. Like $5 cheap.