PDA

View Full Version : cocker barrels

FARMER00
12-12-2006, 10:22 PM
ok, im making a barrel adapter for my classic mag so i can use a cocker or a5 barrel on it (havent decided which one yet, leaning towards cocker) please dont ask for me to make you one because i dont even know if this will work right. (i may start making them for a price if i can perfect this)

so here is my qestion i only have the right taps to do a cocker or a5 thread but i currently have neither type of barrel. i would rather use cocker threads if possible.
so here is my question. can someone measure thier cocker barrel and tell me how long the threaded part is like from the end to the oring on the front not just where the threads are

i hope someone was able to understand that

spike_ball999
12-13-2006, 03:15 AM
You can see on Doc's barrel ID guide the length for the most part.

http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/barrelguide.html

If I had something more accurate than a ruler, I'd get you some numbers.

Nick E
12-13-2006, 08:22 PM
just so you know, a cocker barrel tap set is VERY expensive. The threads are super uncommon, and only certain companies make them. So unless you're making this on a lathe, then I'd suggect pricing out some of these taps and seeing if it's worth it.

FARMER00
12-13-2006, 08:34 PM
just so you know, a cocker barrel tap set is VERY expensive. The threads are super uncommon, and only certain companies make them. So unless you're making this on a lathe, then I'd suggect pricing out some of these taps and seeing if it's worth it.

uhhhhhhh cocker threads are common threads UNF 15/16-20 not that uncommon and i have like 7 sets between my farm my dads shop, our farm mechanic and school. and even still they are about $15 not really expencive

don miguel
12-13-2006, 08:49 PM
:cheers: go cocker, way more barells available for them. Most guns are cocker threaded, DMs, PMs, mags (not twist lock), cockers, lots o stuff.

Nick E
12-15-2006, 12:57 PM
uhhhhhhh cocker threads are common threads UNF 15/16-20 not that uncommon and i have like 7 sets between my farm my dads shop, our farm mechanic and school. and even still they are about $15 not really expencive

Would you interesed in selling on off? I've checked ebay and everything else, and I've only found new sets for around $80.. :mad:

Raven001
12-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Make it in whatever threading turns your crank. Doc made some very good ones and I am betting that he didn't sell you know what loads of em. Why would you even want the threaded barrels if you have access to the bayonet types. You ever tried to clean out a cocker barrel under fire?

Zneaky
12-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Would it not be easier to by a ULE body which already has cocker threads?

Z

txaggie08
12-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Make it in whatever threading turns your crank. Doc made some very good ones and I am betting that he didn't sell you know what loads of em. Why would you even want the threaded barrels if you have access to the bayonet types. You ever tried to clean out a cocker barrel under fire?

ummm.....i hate to tell you twist locks are just as big of a ain cince it done THE EXACT SAME WAY.

FARMER00
12-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Would you interesed in selling on off? I've checked ebay and everything else, and I've only found new sets for around $80.. :mad:
sorry but no, surprisingly that and one other tap are the most common ones we use on the farm lol but u dont need a full kit. u can just get a siingle tap im sure if u look u can find one

MANN
12-16-2006, 10:07 AM

Get a level 10. you wont break balls, and have no use for taking the barrel off :D

mt84
12-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Like someone said Doc made a few Cocker barrel adapters, I've got one. Made out of SS, very good tolerance. Best thing I ever purchased. I would recommend you get in touch with him.

Doc's Cocker adapter (http://www.docsmachine.com/gear/maggit.html)

:cool:

FARMER00
12-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Get a level 10. you wont break balls, and have no use for taking the barrel off :D
the only barrel i have is a .684 bore. so if i shoot bigger paint like .694 its not going to work so well so im making an adapter and no i dont want one from doc when i can make one for free

Smoothice
02-07-2007, 02:20 PM
the only barrel i have is a .684 bore. so if i shoot bigger paint like .694 its not going to work so well so im making an adapter and no i dont want one from doc when i can make one for free

I will send you a cocker barrel.

You can measure it to your hearts content.

When you have made and tested your barrel adapter and found it to work.

You can make a second one and send it to me :clap:

Raven001
02-08-2007, 03:10 PM
No need, I live not to far from this little wanker. If he wants to see a cocker barrel, I have a few that he can look over without paying shipping charges....

Smoothice
02-08-2007, 03:13 PM
No need, I live not to far from this little wanker. If he wants to see a cocker barrel, I have a few that he can look over without paying shipping charges....

Ya but that doesn't get me a autococker to twistlock adapter now does it?