PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have issues with the new Advatage shells?

AutoMaggot
12-30-2001, 10:24 PM
I usually manage to break some balls right in the chamber of my emag now that my field switched to the new RP Big Ball and Polar Ice with the advantage shell... Both of then are incredibly brittle... any suggestions?

bunkerking
12-30-2001, 10:28 PM
I havent broken any balls in my gun shooting this paint, of course my gun is alot gentler on balls than an emag. ;)

nutz
12-30-2001, 10:28 PM
i shot advantage 2 weeks ago fine, i dunno what i can do to help u, sorry man :confused:

Paintballer86
12-30-2001, 10:40 PM
Saturday a week ago, I was playing shooting the PMI Advantage paint, and at the begining of the day, I was doing ok, pretty go accuracy and low number of breaks. Twards the end of the day I was breaking EVERY BALL. I am not exasurating. EVERY BALL COMING OUT OF MY BARREL WAS BREAKING.

sbikeclix
12-30-2001, 10:56 PM
i think there are some really bad batches out there. i remember one time with my mag, i was hooking or breaking everey RP premium. resolved never to use that paint again, but when i did a couple months later with a different batch, it worked fine

Load SM5
12-30-2001, 11:05 PM
A few months ago a few of us got a box of advantage and all of us were breaking like crazy. I tried every insert in the freak kit and could'nt make it stop. We took the paint back and the manager exchanged it for a box of all-stars (same shell)and we had no problems at all. I just think there were a few bad batches out. But I don't think I'll be shooting advantage again if I can help it.

CFD323
12-31-2001, 12:29 AM
My friends and I also were using the Advantage stuff for a couple weeks with nothing but breaks all day long. We switched last time out to Diablo Blaze and it worked great. We're sticking with Diablo from now on !!

Thordic
12-31-2001, 08:05 AM
Polar Ice Advantage = PooPoo.

Ask Tunaman :) It made him go out and buy a shocker so he could play in the winter.

Our field luckily carries TC Winter Fill too, which is a little better, but yeah, I'm not a fan of that Advantage shell at all.

headcase
12-31-2001, 08:26 AM
The Advantage shell is still a new process, and they are still working the kinks out if it. When you get a good batch the stuff is great, flys straight, breaks where it is supposes to. If you get a bad batch, it doesn't. I've only had good experiences with it, 2-3 cases worth, but I've heard alot of bad stuff about it.

Now if I get to a field that has it, I try to get 100 rds off someone before I buy paint and shoot it to see how it is working that day.

paintballrulzs
12-31-2001, 09:01 AM
My worst day of paintball was using advantage shell balls. I couldn't shoot one. I had fill everywhere. The broke every single ball. In the begining it was alright but then after about 200 balls, none left the barrel in its round form. I had to resort to running round the field and take the newbies in the backs gun for a few shots. I couldn't believe thata actually let me.

giant1515
12-31-2001, 11:06 AM
i've been shooting the advantage stuff since it came out. I had no problems with it in my spyder, and i'm having no problems with in in my mag now either. I've probably gone through 6,000 rounds and have only had one or two breaks (and they were both from the same bag of paint).

Giant

striker
12-31-2001, 11:21 AM
Hmmmmm... Well of all the times I've used Advantage I've never gotten a single break! All of them have flown straight, and broke on target! I've been shooting Advantage almost exclusively ever since it came out. Zero problems! Sorry, I guess I can't really help you out there! :confused:

Panzerr
12-31-2001, 11:21 AM
My team shot the premium advantage at the Chicago Open. We didn't have any problems, I was actually really impressed by it.

hitech
12-31-2001, 11:29 AM
We haven't had any problems with it either. Shoots very straight, breaks on inpact, etc. The bounce test I did showed it to be VERY brittle (under 2 bounces for an average). We still had no problems with breaks (until yesterday, but it was raining :mad:)

SGT FURY
12-31-2001, 12:02 PM
always buy your paint from someplace you know is climate controlled.most fields in my area treat thier paint bad and it makes it more brittle.